Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    It’s so awesome that we can talk polyass anti drumpf under the guise of Richard Millhouse Nixon.
    Maybe sit this one out, you post moronic Biden memes and other culture war crap here at the drop of hat.

Here you go: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...303097d626c406

"More than one quarter of US residents feel so estranged from their government that they feel it might “soon be necessary to take up arms” against it, a poll released Thursday claimed."

It’s so awesome that we can talk polyass anti drumpf under the guise of Richard Millhouse Nixon.
    every time you post I hear the voice of the crazy lady in the public library screaming “race war now! 9/11 was an inside job!”. Toddle off to day care

Would we have discussed Watergate hearings here?

Quote Originally Posted by DBdude View Post
    it makes the US look like a south american banana republic

and now roe is overturned. a fifty year attack on women's rights. that said, the topic of dumpster fires, the democratic party was incredibly lame by not passing legislation in Congress to guarantee a woman's right to an abortion. leaving it to roe in hindsight was disastrous.

The history of the term banana republic is worth a few clicks. It’s quite amazing the bs the us pulled in Central America and why

I guess there have been a few where the Dems could have successfully passed it, but at least thru the 90s no one seriously thought Scotus would reverse roe completely. I’m sure they don’t have the votes to break the filibuster and no way will manchin of sinema vote for that. Not sure that a non supermajority passage would be a good idea anyway

Quote Originally Posted by CarlMega View Post
    Maybe sit this one out, you post moronic Biden memes and other culture war crap here at the drop of hat.

Here you go: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...303097d626c406

"More than one quarter of US residents feel so estranged from their government that they feel it might “soon be necessary to take up arms” against it, a poll released Thursday claimed."
    Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    every time you post I hear the voice of the crazy lady in the public library screaming “race war now! 9/11 was an inside job!”. Toddle off to day care
    Heh.

I touched a nerve.

You’re welcome. Enjoy the Bern

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    The history of the term banana republic is worth a few clicks. It’s quite amazing the bs the us pulled in Central America and why
    On a banana tangent, I'm pretty sure the precursor to the chairlift was a banana lift.

I thought it was an aerial mining cart thing

Im gonna start looking for money on the ski lift

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    The only question about any of this that interests me is what to do now. And I'm clueless on it. Anybody?
    Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Leave?
    I was thinking more along the lines of how do we defeat these fucking fucks. But I do have an Irish passport so I guess I could just go there if it came to that.

Did you mail the insurance payment?

Heh.

I touched a nerve.
    People who are complete dumbasses tend to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    People who are complete dumbasses tend to do that.
    Heh.

But more seriously. How has this not been moved to polyass?

And.
    Ironically.
    I stumbled into this video factoid that Nixon is responsible for H Mo

I learned something today.

Not that we want to get back on the anti Nixon shit. Let’s keep bashing drumpf under the guise of a Nixon thread.

This is trending on reddit

Apparently, a 29 year old woman from North Carolina drew what she thinks a map of the USA looks like

Name:  dumbmap.jpg
Views: 306
Size:  228.4 KB

Could be a bullshit troll, but even money it's not. That's what we're dealing with.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    This is trending on reddit

Apparently, a 29 year old woman from North Carolina drew what she thinks a map of the USA looks like

Name:  dumbmap.jpg
Views: 306
Size:  228.4 KB

Could be a bullshit troll, but even money it's not. That's what we're dealing with.
    I like the eastern pacific not Atlantic Ocean.

But where the fuck is upstate NY

I wonder what the "NB" at the top right was supposed to be. She couldn't have heard of New Brunswick I assume.

I wonder what the "NB" at the top right was supposed to be. She couldn't have heard of New Brunswick I assume.
    Rhode Island is island. I'm going with Nova Scotia. B or 8 or an S. Let your imagination run wild. No wrong answers!

There’s always money on the banana lift.

Heh.

But more seriously. How has this not been moved to polyass?
    There are threads on horrible people, and people who commit crimes right? This thread is discussing a hearing regarding potential crimes. Don’t agree with the testimony, feel free to argue about it.

I was thinking more along the lines of how do we defeat these fucking fucks. But I do have an Irish passport so I guess I could just go there if it came to that.
    Whatever it is, what has been tried in the past doesn't work. Maybe talk about baseball? I don't know. Fuck if all the divisive political pugilism has been constructive.
    My dad was born under the crown, maybe I can get a Scottish passport.

But I keep thinking of France, the Dordogne, some dinky off the map village where I can get a decent coffee, bread, foie gras, truffles and pastis between rounds of boules.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Sorry if I missed this being posted before, but this has a nice round up and tally: https://seditiontracker.com/suspects/by_status

Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post
    There are threads on horrible people, and people who commit crimes right? This thread is discussing a hearing regarding potential crimes. Don’t agree with the testimony, feel free to argue about it.
    Liz Cheney, a stalwart Republican, is helping organize a set of hearings designed to explain what happened and when featuring testimony from a variety of Republican officials. At the end of the day this is not about Trump per se. It’s about the institutions that enable democracy. Obviously she’s looking for the turning point at which the GOP and its affiliates like Fox come to their senses and start reckoning with how to expel the tumor on their party. This Tuesday’s testimony was the biggest step in that direction.

Political parties have plenty of narcissists by definition, and always a few of those who understand how populism enables the combination of corruption and adulation they crave. These institutional exercises are the immune response and either send the corrective message or fizzle out. There are other nascent Trumps out there.

In other words, Core Shot is missing the point.
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

Cynical me thinks it might be a bit late and I would make sure that Irish passport works.

Optimistic me thinks that we have to accept incremental gains, apply pressure on our government to prosecute and jail even high ranking politicians if they participated and we have to be ready to go to the streets, general strike, enact strict voter rights at the federal level, etc. We are past the point of talking our way out of it, there must be action from the bottom to top.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Whatever it is, what has been tried in the past doesn't work. Maybe talk about baseball? I don't know. Fuck if all the divisive political pugilism has been constructive.
    My dad was born under the crown, maybe I can get a Scottish passport.

But I keep thinking of France, the Dordogne, some dinky off the map village where I can get a decent coffee, bread, foie gras, truffles and pastis between rounds of boules.
    I’d recommend a place that will survive the pending nuclear war, or somewhere without hyper inflation. Somewhere they have the good sense to recuse themselves from war when their hands are dirty.

In Dexter, there was an episode at the bar with the Russian mobster. The Russian says he wants to go live in a foreign country because he then becomes merely a spectator, not a participant.

That’s the way to live in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

The election case SCOTUS is hearing next year has the potential to make everything that Trump et al tried to do legal. The Constitution says that state legislatures determine "the time, place and manner of elections". To me and to every court that has considered the issue (including SCOTUS is Bush v Gore) this is limited to determining the mechanics of elections--the hours the polls are open, where you can vote, whether the ballots have bamboo in them, etc. To the plaintiffs, and to at least 3 Justices, it means everything having to do with elections--in the NC case redistricting but potentially certification of the vote, selection of electors--regardless of what the US Constitution says in other parts, regardless of what the state's constitution says, regardless of what the state courts or governor says. Given the number of state legislatures permanently controlled by the GOP due to gerrymandering, including in states Biden won, if the Court rules in favor of the plaintiffs there will be permanent control of both houses of Congress, the POTUS and the SCOTUS. And with no prospect of a Democratic majority say goodbye to the filibuster. We are well on the way to one party rule and a theocracy in this country.