Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    What would you call it?
    An insurrection? Is that enough for everyone?

I’m guessing not.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

An Insurrection You Say... Like This One?

Name:  51fae769d110bfcb15268adcffb6153c.jpg
Views: 343
Size:  97.5 KB

I know it does not fit the narrative and many probably have never seen it and others are on the pro kill innocent babies bandwagon so they do not think this is BAD.

I am for freedom of choice up until a certain date then it's shit or get off the pot.

Quote Originally Posted by NakedShorts View Post
    others are on the pro kill innocent babies bandwagon so they do not think this is BAD.
    Who says babies are innocent? Sneaky little fucks.

An Insurrection You Say... Like This One?
    Looks very violent.

^^^

Funny how killing Babies is not violent in your world.

Hey, you have your hilarious view - I have mine. Abortion up to 12. Try before you buy.

Your argument, like many you position here is detached from reality. That is not funny tho. Sad.

Hold it - were they performing violent abortions in the capitol? Fucking A that is punk rock. Go grrrrrls.

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    An insurrection? Is that enough for everyone?

I’m guessing not.
    It used to be. Now as soon as we can agree on a fact it's time to start spinning that. See above. A couple years ago violent insurrection was bad. Now it's time to normalize it. What about people in pink shirts, huh? Muddy the waters. Be the sand in the gears of rational society that poo tin hopes you'll be, etc.

Pity the writers for Black Mirror, they're the real losers here. Nobody's interested anymore.

Would we have discussed Watergate hearings here?

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    It used to be. Now as soon as we can agree on a fact it's time to start spinning that. See above. A couple years ago violent insurrection was bad. Now it's time to normalize it. What about people in pink shirts, huh? Muddy the waters. Be the sand in the gears of rational society that poo tin hopes you'll be, etc.

Pity the writers for Black Mirror, they're the real losers here. Nobody's interested anymore.
    I’ve never played Hockey, but maybe others would argue a Hockey stick is a deadly weapon.

But that’s their right, as it is mine to have my own definition. Bringing a hockey stick to a gun fight doesn’t add up.

I’ve never played Hockey, but maybe others would argue a Hockey stick is a deadly weapon.

But that’s their right, as it is mine to have my own definition.
    I gave you the link before. Go to 1:05. Willful ignorance is not reinforcing your right to an opinion. https://youtu.be/bC3_VFFJlSY

"Of course the world now knows that the people who attacked the capitol on January 6 had many different types of weapons...pepper spray, knives, brass knuckles, tazers, body armor, gas masks, battons, blunt weapons. And those were just from the people who chose to go through the metal detectors."

--some republican

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    I gave you the link before. Go to 1:05. Willful ignorance is not reinforcing your right to an opinion. https://youtu.be/bC3_VFFJlSY

"Of course the world now knows that the people who attacked the capitol on January 6 had many different types of weapons...pepper spray, knives, brass knuckles, tazers, body armor, gas masks, battons, blunt weapons. And those were just from the people who chose to go through the metal detectors."

--some republican
    I still don't see the point he's trying to make. If he's saying the punishment that Trump and his cronies have absorbed is enough, which is to say they've had no punishment, then yeah, I guess I don't think the punishment for those folks has been enough. Holding this opinion is evidently shaming CE too much because I'm dissatisfied with the fact that there's been no punishment for those that instigated the insurrection? That's some extra sensitive feelings about politics I guess on CE's front.

If Trump was not allowed to hold public office and had his citizenship revoked I'd probably be satisfied.
    Last edited by Adolf Allerbush; 06-29-2022 at 06:47 PM.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Subpoena has been issued for Pat Cipollone -white house counsel. James Dean was Nixon’s White House counsel.

Altasnob needs to start contributing over here.

^^^

Have it your way?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2_197311649505-yourprettyface_ep409_003_DoYouFeelLucky.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	83.6 KB 
ID:	420289
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

I'm firmly opposed to killing all the adult babies.

If we want to argue semantics I think coup is a more appropriate word. An insurrection connotes a violent effort by a significant force--like what happened in Iraq after Saddam was kicked out. A coup can be violent or not, can be accomplished with a large force or small.

I view Jan 6 as one event in an attempted coup by Trump et al. The strategy was to overturn the results of the election--by bullying state election officials and legislatures in an attempt to have them invalidate the results of the vote in their states, to bully the Republicans in Congress to deny certification of the count, to bully Pence into sending the election back to states in the hopes of different outcome or throwing the election into the House.

Seen in this context the events of Jan 6, while obviously lacking the manpower and firepower to overthrow the government, was one phase of the overall coup attempt. And that is the point the hearings are making--that we shouldn't look at the invasion of the Capitol as an isolated event but as part of an overall strategy to illegitimately reverse the results of an election. Jan. 6 was not the coup. Not by itself.

And the coup attempt is still ongoing--in the efforts in battleground states to make it easier for Secretaries of State and state legislature to overturn the results of the popular vote the next time around. And they are hoping that the Supreme Court will rule that it's up to the states if they want to ignore the popular vote. There's nothing in the Constitution that says they have to honor it or even have a Presidential election. It will be up to the state courts to decide if state law was violated. In the end it will depend on the integrity of legislatures and Secys of State to respect the will of the people.

^^^

So I might have missed your post. When does life begin?
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

Why am I in this thread... ?

How is it a coup when the former prez. was in 'power' and sought to remain in power ?

from my perspective it was a revolt against whatever rule grants the Senate the authority to certify the election -
    ( it's not a big stretch to say it was a revolt against the Senate, Congress, or ( a different stretch ) the Federal Government
    ( though I generally think of the government as the bureaucracy of the agencies. but we could split that between the elected Government and the hired government ).

I 'll vote for revolt -

can you imagine a sitting prez. marching on the Capital !?!!

probably been done before - in some Very unpopular State of the Union addresses...

carry on - I need sleep. skiJ

conversationally, regarding coup -

see Florida 2000.

skiJ

How was it supposed to play out if the Jan 6 coop/revolt/insurrection was successful?

-trump had his wish and was able to break into the capital building with his armed and violent mob (with possibly many law makers and staffers killed) and declare himself victor? Then what?

or

Trump stays at the White House, mob breaks into capital complex, captures and kills many lawmakers including the VP. Then what?

Btw, through this thread, are we gonna be learning who plays the racist card when they’re summoned for jury duty?

whomp-
    my understanding was the goal was to not certify the election and the former prez. would remain in office by any means necessary - indefinitely...

' elected' by a vote in the House ;
    amend the Constitution - declare the former prez. ( king for life. any means necessary...

but the election was certified - an action including the former VP, who believed in the process more than the former prez. -

but my understanding is prez. for life was the goal.

skiJ

^^ kinda like Putin in Russia?

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    I still don't see the point he's trying to make. If he's saying the punishment that Trump and his cronies have absorbed is enough, which is to say they've had no punishment, then yeah, I guess I don't think the punishment for those folks has been enough. Holding this opinion is evidently shaming CE too much because I'm dissatisfied with the fact that there's been no punishment for those that instigated the insurrection? That's some extra sensitive feelings about politics I guess on CE's front.

If Trump was not allowed to hold public office and had his citizenship revoked I'd probably be satisfied.
    Dude, I said hang them, maybe beat the soles of their feet first, don’t care. Like we should hang all those smelly people in Portland, but that’s for another administration.

I agree with old goat, more like a coup.

Remember, this is going in the high school history books. We’re not Argentina, we need to tell history truthfully.

Remember, this is going in the high school history books. We’re not Argentina, we need to tell history truthfully.
    That's a good idea. Hopefully the people who write those books pay attention to the actual facts.

There's an industry in this country whose product is a warm feeling of being informed without learning anything uncomfortable. Those history books are going to have to tell that part of the story, too.

The fact that we're just now getting to this is largely thanks to the level of denial and cognitive dissonance: every damn detail has to be documented, reported, re-reported, explained, deconstructed and explained again because somehow the most obvious things can be ignored and there's just no telling which one of the many details those might be. The chapter on 2022 might be: Tedious AF.

Dude, I said hang them, maybe beat the soles of their feet first, don’t care. Like we should hang all those smelly people in Portland, but that’s for another administration.

I agree with old goat, more like a coup.

Alright man! My bad.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that