Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Without even digging, it just struck me that it must be the…alias.
    Awfully close.

(Carl obviously knows it, but he’s not just going to spell it out for you.)

Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post
    Yeah, you can argue that the trust fund and the bonds that they put in are an accounting trick, but then the fund running out is an accounting fiction as well. I’m of the opinion that SS keeps paying out the promised amounts, just not sure what accounting trick will be used to achieve that outcome.
    I agree--the whole idea of the trust fund running out of money and they'll have to stop paying ss and medicare is political stagecraft on both ends of the spectrum. They'll keep paying for both, one way or another, until the Alito court decides the programs are unconstitutional because Madison et al never mentioned either one.

Would we have discussed Watergate hearings here?

I know several people in their 70’s that are still working. Mostly to afford rent and food.
    Last edited by bodywhomper; 07-08-2022 at 12:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    C02 too major! Guns too major!! Pregnancy. and women's health?? Trivial, let the states decide!!
    A couple years ago they basically said figuring out gerrymandering was too hard

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    Tons of people tie their identity to their jobs, sure. Some people even prefer being told what to do; see the career military (that's not a slight so don't @ me). But, widely, I have to think most people prefer options. Whether that is fanning your balls or breaking your back. I.e., just because you can quit doesn't mean you must.
    well sure they had it all planned to the point they may not have to do anything and they don't have to eat cat food and so the point IS once they get there its not what they thot

as an old retired fuck probably 2 out of 10 of the retired old fucks I talked to had everything but they weren't happy

just doing nothing
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

The key to happiness in retirement is for your wife not to age a day from the day you were married.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    as an old retired fuck probably 2 out of 10 of the retired old fucks I talked to had everything but they weren't happy
    Just as youth is wasted on the young, having everything is clearly wasted on retired old fucks.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    The key to happiness in retirement is for your wife not to age a day from the day you were married.
    Still interested in sex with you, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by fomofo View Post
    Just as youth is wasted on the young, having everything is clearly wasted on retired old fucks.
    how it is:

the people who have not worked long enough to retire have all kinds of ideas on what to do in retirement

The people who did work long enough have been habituated to turn up for work every morning

but in the end nobody gets out alive
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know