Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    The fact that you describe Hardwick as having a scene, of any kind, is proof that it no longer belongs in the NEK. And that it is hard to get to from the NEK, unless you're in Greensboro, is further proof.

Please take North Wolcott. Please. Groton should be in Orange County. I'll be doing the VT15/US2 traverse of the NEK tomorrow on my way to Fredericton, NB. Hardwick and Danville are huge speed traps.
    The Kingdom Tele Boys are from Hardwick, so there’s that.

Kingdom-tele (hasn't posted here in a while) is from Newport.

Leme check with coworker tomorrow, he's from the NEK.

I brought up the recent Hardwick publicity today and all he said was "checks out. Btw I don't have relatives there".

Is Northeast Kingdom anything like the State of Jefferson?

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Is Northeast Kingdom anything like the State of Jefferson?
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by From_the_NEK View Post
    Kingdom-tele (hasn't posted here in a while) is from Newport.
    Newport Town, I travel to work in the “city” of Newport

Kingdom Tele Boys are from Hardwick, but once played single pitch wood bat softball in Burke Hollow ( back in the trout river brewing days), a NEK past time, they are in

My 9th gen Kingdom wife claims Orleans and Essex by border definition, Caledonia came in later by cultural likeness.

3 counties is plenty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had college friends from Island Pond and some of their friends had properties on the border. They'd walk back and forth and it pissed ogf the local Customs guys so they put in a network of sensors. We'd go back and forth and they'd come out with a couple of cars full of agents who'd go running around in the woods finding nothing. It was good entertainment in a NEK kind of way.

I don't see Hardwick being "fancy", the drive in from Woodbury is pretty low rent. The cheese/brewery business is in Greensboro Bend as well. I heard there was some cheese tent going into the barn across from the Ford dealership but only retail? The taco vendors at the old Rowell Brothers location are affordable and tasty but not too fancy. Barr Hill made the right move. Come to think of it, the drive in from the dealership 14/5 to "downtown is pretty depressing as well.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    I had college friends from Island Pond and some of their friends had properties on the border. They'd walk back and forth and it pissed ogf the local Customs guys so they put in a network of sensors. We'd go back and forth and they'd come out with a couple of cars full of agents who'd go running around in the woods finding nothing. It was good entertainment in a NEK kind of way.
    Pure NEK right there.

Good to hear from Kingdom-tele too!
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Quote Originally Posted by kingdom-tele View Post
    but once played single pitch wood bat softball in Burke Hollow ( back in the trout river brewing days), a NEK past time
    You aren't truly from the NEK unless you have played in (or at least attended) a Burke slow pitch softball game. The league got banned from the Burke Hollow field due to excessive drinking and unruly behavior in close proximity to the Burke Town School
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.

Made it the width of the NEK without a ticket. No pics so it didn't happen. In Bangor, ME before pressing on to Fredericton.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    Made it the width of the NEK without a ticket. No pics so it didn't happen. In Bangor, ME before pressing on to Fredericton.
    Does Canada have a Northeast Kingdom?

If your snowmobiles cost more than the assessed value of your house...
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

We'll, parts of New Brunswick sure feel like it.

Quote Originally Posted by kingdom-tele View Post
    Newport Town, I travel to work in the “city” of Newport

Kingdom Tele Boys are from Hardwick, but once played single pitch wood bat softball in Burke Hollow ( back in the trout river brewing days), a NEK past time, they are in

My 9th gen Kingdom wife claims Orleans and Essex by border definition, Caledonia came in later by cultural likeness.

3 counties is plenty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So I'm not completely high. Proximity. Because the tip of Caledonia county is pretty far up in there.

Is it a place or a state of mind? My reelection is that Eden, Belvedere and Montgomery fit the bill. My father in law lives on and operates a tree farm in Walden. It feels Kingdom as Fuck there.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    Is it a place or a state of mind? My reelection is that Eden, Belvedere and Montgomery fit the bill. My father in law lives on and operates a tree farm in Walden. It feels Kingdom as Fuck there.
    Having lived in Belvedere, it's definitely off the beaten path, but it's just not quite Kingdom. Eden and Montgomery are border locations, and while they have that feel at times, they're also just not quite there either. The mix is more cosmopolitan.

Speaking of Belvedere.

https://www.wcax.com/2022/09/22/man-...uled-be-court/

All involved were from Brownington which is definitely Kingdom. Heart of it. Belvedere is neither. It's just the sticks in mind, body, and spirit.

Nova Scotia?