PSA: REI Magma 30 quilt $164

I know its not ski gear but I've bought and sold hiking gear here before so figured folks may be interested. REI Magma 30 quilt is $164 right now - I follow hiking gear pretty closely and have never seen a high quality quilt this cheap before. If you're not sure if a quilt is right for you this is the perfect opportunity thanks to the REI return policy.

https://www.rei.com/product/148793/r...trail-quilt-30

PSA: REI Magma 30 quilt $164

Nice find. Hard to not pull the trigger if you’re on the market for a quilt. I keep wanting one, my bag is super light for the temp but still 33oz. A quilt would be dope for mid summer. 30 degree maybe a bit warm but not for the Rockies. The Econ burrow before the goodies is like 200.00 and this is 164.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Last edited by Jong Lafitte; 06-25-2022 at 10:32 AM.
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Nice PSA, and, having just tried out a quilt, they can be a little iffy for side sleepers and tossey turners. I have a 20 degree and was getting pretty cold in upper 30's low 40's weather. It just became too drafty. YMMV. But great price on that if looking for a light quilt for warm nights.

Thanks for the psa

I just bought one of these for a lot more!
    It seems nice will use it this summer

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

I've backpacked with this quilt the last couple of years and I love it. I'm a side sleeper and tosser-turner and find it much more comfortable than my traditional bags. I think it's a good value at full price.

My take on quilts for tosser-turners is that they are more comfortable for sleeping, but it's best to upsize on both length/width and temp rating so you're not trying to lock down the draftiness constantly. Quilts for summer are awesome, I think a solid 30 deg comfort is perfect. In shoulder season I think a bag is better.