Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Vapers?

Vapers?

Anyone have a young teenager dabbling in the vape craze? Not sure yet if my kid is directly involved but it’s floating around in the ether as it were… just finished freshman year and I am on high alert!

No smoking of any kind in this house and minimal booze, but the summertime party scene is nigh…
    ... jfost is really ignorant, he often just needs simple facts laid out for him...

just ask 'em... kids never lie.

localy they call them douche flutes
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Fought it, kid had a couple of suspensions and had to stand in front of the judge.

I'd gladly line up every fucker from juul on a wall and personally shoot them all.

I have taken 5 vapes away from my 15 year old over the last year. The smell is obvious, bunch of fruity shit. The last one I took from her had THC, it was so clear she was high as a kite, I found it immediately. Sucks that this is where I'm at with my kid.

My 17 year tried it once and hated it (thank god) My 15 year old is convinced she needs it to get through a day. Fuck the companies that create this shit.

ya man edibles are where its at

Quote Originally Posted by easyrdr View Post
    I have taken 5 vapes away from my 15 year old over the last year. The smell is obvious, bunch of fruity shit. The last one I took from her had THC, it was so clear she was high as a kite, I found it immediately. Sucks that this is where I'm at with my kid.
    Sorry to hear this, it absolutely sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by easyrdr View Post

My 17 year tried it once and hated it (thank god) My 15 year old is convinced she needs it to get through a day. Fuck the companies that create this shit.
    Geez that’s tough to read. Hope you and your kids are able to figure it out.

As a dad of an 8 y/o, and a former teenage smoking, high, shithead (and current occasional enthusiast of some flower), I’m listening to others, and trying to pick up some things, as y’all work through trying to keep your kids from making shitty decisions until they’re old enough to make em on their own.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Geez that’s tough to read. Hope you and your kids are able to figure it out.

As a dad of an 8 y/o, and a former teenage smoking, high, shithead (and current occasional enthusiast of some flower), I’m listening to others, and trying to pick up some things, as y’all work through trying to keep your kids from making shitty decisions until they’re old enough to make em on their own.
    Ditto to all of that (except my kid is 11).
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Ya thanks, I’m trying to stay on top of this and she has no idea that I know anything (overheard a convo about “flum” and got my google on)… first thought was that this is all about THC but then found out most of the kids are just doing the nicotine, albeit in pretty high concentration vs cigs it seems. was thinking about subtly dropping hints about nicotine addiction, I work at a hospital so it’s plausible that I could just have general health initiatives come up in casual conversation…

I am wary of everything, as I was a good kid but also an excellent secret keeper. Pretty sure my parents didn’t know about anything I did, but that’s what everyone says!

Thanks for the post easyrdr, appreciate your experience…

FDA reportedly preparing to force Juul products off the US market

https://arstechnica.com/science/2022...the-us-market/

A friend in Hungary is battling this as it's taking off over there.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Won’t the other vapes fill the Juul space? I’m a bit lost as to why it’s the only one to get the ban

My kids hs has closed most of its bathrooms to prevent vaping in them and has a guard outside the last remaining, but they don’t do shit since they can’t really
    Smell it apparently

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Won’t the other vapes fill the Juul space? I’m a bit lost as to why it’s the only one to get the ban

My kids hs has closed most of its bathrooms to prevent vaping in them and has a guard outside the last remaining, but they don’t do shit since they can’t really
    Smell it apparently
    All this for nicotine??? It HAS to be THC no? Or am I dumb about how great nicotine is in massive doses?!?

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post

Smell it apparently
    It was their marketing aimed at kids that got them in hot water and now the die is cast. Kids associate Juul with cool.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Vapers?

I’m the medical provider for a whole battalion of “adults” who are addicted to these things. I use a combination of ridicule and shame with mixed results.

The term “vape juice” is also on the short list of my most hated phrases.

I hope the parents here can nip this behavior in bud. Good luck
    We Make Memory When We Do Bussiness

Da damn vapers got frozen to da vindshield again!!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

None of you smoked cigs behind your high school?

I’m more concerned about thc pens. At least when you smoke reefer you smell like a hippy.

I thought vaping, telling drug high school stories from back in the day and smoking tha herb is cool per tgr?

Ooh... not when it's your kids. It's not a thing here since it has the Image that only the poor uneducated losers do it.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    "Can you feel it
    nothing can save you
    this is the season for catchin the vapors"
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Altria (Phillip Morris) owns 35% of juul and the juul ceo came from Altria. They're just hooking another generation on nicotine and they can all get fucked in the ass with a white hot poker.

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    I thought vaping, telling drug high school stories from back in the day and smoking tha herb is cool per tgr?

Ooh... not when it's your kids. It's not a thing here since it has the Image that only the poor uneducated losers do it.
    Yeah, I too thought it was cool here on TGR to be a pothead, has someting changed?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

nope

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post

OP is talking about nicotine dispensing vapes, not the ganja.

i'm an adult now