Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Vapers?

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Won’t the other vapes fill the Juul space? I’m a bit lost as to why it’s the only one to get the ban

My kids hs has closed most of its bathrooms to prevent vaping in them and has a guard outside the last remaining, but they don’t do shit since they can’t really
    Smell it apparently
    They did a while ago. Once Juul’s fruitier flavors were banned, disposable vapes took off. The are non-refillable devices that may or may not be able to be recharged and last until the juice runs out. They are much more expensive but generally come in much more desirable flavors. Standard rate is $15-20, and the device will last anywhere from 3 days to a week or more.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    swing your fucking sword.

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    OP is talking about nicotine dispensing vapes, not the ganja.
    Because he’s ok with his kids getting stoned, but that nicotine is gonna kill them?

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    OP is talking about nicotine dispensing vapes, not the ganja.
    But the other affected parents found some thc. I was generalizing a bit.
    Maybe I threw in some hyperbole. My " tgr rebels turn spießer(perfect german term...use it...just like Glockenspiel and Zeitgeist)" argument still stands though. And I'm ready to die on that Hill.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Because he’s ok with his kids getting stoned, but that nicotine is gonna kill them?
    Perhaps some parents' issue is less the substances in and of themselves, but more the fact that their kids may be turning into douche flute sucking dorks.

I think I might be way more annoyed if I ever caught my kids with a vape pen than a good old fashioned cig or home rolled J. Not that I want them to do either, but vaping just seems so much lamer for some reason. I honestly can't explain my ire. It just annoys me inexplicably. Haha.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    I thought vaping, telling drug high school stories from back in the day and smoking tha herb is cool per tgr?

Ooh... not when it's your kids. It's not a thing here since it has the Image that only the poor uneducated losers do it.
    If you tell some of these stories to your kids in the 11-13 age, they might associate the behaviors as "uncool because my parents did it" and avoid it altogether.

Only way I can comprehend the Karma of me being such a shit-head teenager and having sent my 2 thru into their early twenties without any retribution whatsoever.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    If you tell some of these stories to your kids in the 11-13 age, they might associate the behaviors as "uncool because my parents did it" and avoid it altogether.

Only way I can comprehend the Karma of me being such a shit-head teenager and having sent my 2 thru into their early twenties without any retribution whatsoever.
    Karma? because high in the sky we have Haile Selassi I... and he loves you?

Btw. Im not trolling anyone here since im not dunfree I just thought it was interesting that we all try too save our kids from stupid choices which we gladly made back then. I guess that's called parenting.

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Won’t the other vapes fill the Juul space? I’m a bit lost as to why it’s the only one to get the ban

My kids hs has closed most of its bathrooms to prevent vaping in them and has a guard outside the last remaining, but they don’t do shit since they can’t really
    Smell it apparently
    Heh. Almost 40 years ago my HS bathrooms were all locked because of people smoking actual cigarettes and actual pot (flower). What's new is old.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    Heh. Almost 40 years ago my HS bathrooms were all locked because of people smoking actual cigarettes and actual pot (flower). What's new is old.
    Well Hopefully they didn't close the doors to the warehouse.

We'll, when I was a HS teenager I watched both of my grandma's die from smoking related cancer. Long ugly deaths, so I'm not a big fan of tobacco companies who purposely hooked people on nicotine even though they knew it was killing people and lied about it and purposely marketed to children to replace the people they killed, and are now hooking another generation of kids on nicotine.

Well Hopefully they didn't close the doors to the warehouse.
    Heh. And of course calling Mexican ditch weed "flower" is a stretch.

We all drank beer when we were young. We all drink beer now. Does that mean the parents should just shrug and say “yeah drink up - especially while you’re in school learning - I can’t tell you not to because I did it”

Are we really gonna equate a kids brain on THC at school versus and adult having a recreational hit at the end of the day?

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    "Can you feel it
    nothing can save you
    this is the season for catchin the vapors"
    I love Snoop - and I'd never heard that version before thanks for posting that!

But I gotta go with the OG here:

Douche flute industry takes a hit today, as was widely expected: https://www.npr.org/2022/06/23/11068...g-e-cigarettes
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    We all drank beer when we were young. We all drink beer now. Does that mean the parents should just shrug and say “yeah drink up - especially while you’re in school learning - I can’t tell you not to because I did it”

Are we really gonna equate a kids brain on THC at school versus and adult having a recreational hit at the end of the day?
    I don't think that is the point. The point is that some people are surprised kids act the way thst they did in their youth. It's not whether that behavior is a good idea.

I never smoked because my 13 year old me didn't think it was a good idea..... not because my parents told me so. And maybe because I constant tried nit to do what everybody else did. Hell ....I didn't like the rage against the machine debut because everyone else liked it.

Same for drinking on school days or on evenings before. Well I drank in school, but it was carnival or a friday senior school Party ( yeah we had beer at official school Events )

And when I was 11 or 12 I ran around in the woods and built dams across creeks. But I was a nerd and didn't try to be cool.

I don't think that is the point. The point is that some people are surprised kids act the way thst they did in their youth. It's not whether that behavior is a good idea.

I never smoked because my 13 year old me didn't think it was a good idea..... not because my parents told me so. And maybe because I constant tried nit to do what everybody else did. Hell ....I didn't like the rage against the machine debut because everyone else liked it.

Same for drinking on school days or on evenings before. Well I drank in school, but it was carnival or a friday senior school Party ( yeah we had beer at official school Events )

And when I was 11 or 12 I ran around in the woods and built dams across creeks. But I was a nerd and didn't try to be cool.
    I get what you're saying. I lived in Germany from 5th to 10th year and I had a lot of classmates whose addictions drew them to sneak cigs and beers behind the gymnasium. As I see it, the difference between the juul-style vapes, whether they contain THC or nicotine, and a cigarette or a spliff/joint is that the vapes are flavored and concentrated to be easily palatable and increasingly addictive. They also last much longer than a pack or a single cig bummed on the train or lifted from an inattentive parent and can be easily concealed because they don't have a strong smoke odor so youth can indulge discreetly without alerting their parents or teachers.

I never smoked because I thought cigarettes smelled and tasted disgusting, but if they had been flavored like sour peach gummies my inhibitions might not have held up.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    We'll, when I was a HS teenager I watched both of my grandma's die from smoking related cancer. Long ugly deaths, so I'm not a big fan of tobacco companies who purposely hooked people on nicotine even though they knew it was killing people and lied about it and purposely marketed to children to replace the people they killed, and are now hooking another generation of kids on nicotine.
    Same only it was my grandpa, and his doting non-smoker wife (she got his 2nd hand smoke for 50 or so years)… not a fan, to put it mildly.

And to clarify, I think I am talking about only nicotine with this current issue… but a part of me would understand it more if it was/is THC. I mean, if you’re going to all that trouble, might as well get actually high no?
    ... jfost is really ignorant, he often just needs simple facts laid out for him...

it's the unregulated chemicals that are fuct

and pot vapes are pure pot, so much easier on my lungs that smoking flower

maybe you should try something (or research it) before you bitch about it

Yeah. years ago I had some employees that blew clouds of glycerine. Nasty shit.

I think juul is more like a thc vape pen.

And my employees that vape now don’t make a smell or a vapor.

None of you smoked cigs behind your high school?

I’m more concerned about thc pens. At least when you smoke reefer you smell like a hippy.
    We had a smoking lot outside off the cafeteria. Covered and everything.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    localy they call them douche flutes
    That's hilarious. That's what we call weed pens but I didn't know it was actually a term.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    it's the unregulated chemicals that are fuct

and pot vapes are pure pot, so much easier on my lungs that smoking flower

maybe you should try something (or research it) before you bitch about it
    Yes good point, off to mainline some blues…
    ... jfost is really ignorant, he often just needs simple facts laid out for him...

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    That's hilarious. That's what we call weed pens but I didn't know it was actually a term.
    someone on FB said its the HS kids calling them " Douche Flutes " locally
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know