Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Powder11 RIP

Powder11 RIP

Just found out extremely sad news that my friend Powder11 has died. Don't know what happened but I know others here knew Toby as well. Very upsetting, hoping for the best for his boys.
    [quote][//quote]

RIP.

Just heard this from friends. We went to high school and ski raced together. He always charged.

Please post any GoFundMe info here so we can rally for his boys.

Oh shit!!!!

No!

Thinking of his two boys.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

RIP - never had the opportunity to meet him but seemed like a good dude

Ditto on go fund me.
    And condolences.

An admin should move this to the ski forum. The PR moves too fast. And he deserves to be honored in the ski chatter forum.

RIP ski brother.

RIP. Maggot down. Flags at 1/2 mast
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

super sorry to hear about this maggot down
    I can move it to the ski forum or do a duplicate post. or maybe we wait a minute because I bet there will be a gofundme for the family. lmk what you guys think.
    skid luxury

^^ Duplicate it

RIP Powder11

RIP powder 11. Vibes to his family and friends. Please post the gofundme when available.

Sad news. Seeing pics of him skiing with a friend on occasion , he was living large. RIP you lived life to the fullest

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

RIP

P11 was a Whistler mag? Haven't seen a post from him for a long time, but life is more important than this place. Always thought he came across as a good guy. Sorry to hear this.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Never met him but he was a pretty big part of this place back in the day and from this part of the country originally, we interacted on here quite a bit, mostly positively. RIP.

I actually had just thought of him a few days ago, I think maybe it's Danno that has a quote by him in his sig? Not positive it's Danno. But it jumped out at me the other day for whatever reason and I was kinda idly wondering what became of him. I guess that question's answered now.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    P11 was a Whistler mag? Haven't seen a post from him for a long time, but life is more important than this place. Always thought he came across as a good guy. Sorry to hear this.
    Yep.

He'd been there a long time, ran a successful business. Raised twin boys. And was a badass on skis, snowmobile, bike and water.

From his recent FB posts it looked like he had a great new girl in his life after a nasty divorce a few years back.
    Last edited by PNWbrit; 06-19-2022 at 06:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

A toast to Powder11 and a toast to life. In the end its all we get.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Hug your family members and friends. And don't forget to feel gratitude for life and good health

I met him completely randomly in line at the Tim Horton's in Squamish. I really don't remember how we figured out that we were mags but he was the nicest guy
    RIP.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

I saw this on FB but didn't realize he was a Mag. Only knew of him through EP and know they were pretty close. Damn, RIP Toby.

Rip brother

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Damn sad news. Been following the search through the BC SAR grapevines, never knew his connection here. Sincere condolences to his family and friends.

good dude. showed me around Blackcomb way back when. RIP

RIP

Damn, so sorry to hear. Felt lucky to have him show me around Whistler as well, though it's been awhile. He will be missed.

I skied a lot with Toby, he took me up sledding one of my first days ever sledding. His sage advice was "just don't be a pussy". Which is actually pretty good advice, sort of like "when it doubt, throttle it". I was thinking I should practice on the flats getting the hang of it. Toby refused this plan and said absolutely not, you need to go send it up that hill. Trial by fire. Perhaps not the best snowmobile teacher but he was wise mountain man. I didn't talk to him much after Max died in 2016. It's crazy because Max and Toby were good friends when I met them around 2012, and they were my first main ski homies in Whistler. I wonder if they are scheming up plans up there in the non physical realms. RIP

Being collected in the name of his boys education.

https://gofund.me/067ae971