Need help selling 65 GMC Panel Truck

I good friend of mine was killed last March in a helicopter accident.
    He is survived by his wife and a newborn child.

I am trying to help his partner sell this 65 GMC Panel Truck. It is located in the Roaring Fork Valley.

It has been fully restored and runs great.

We really have no idea how to get his thing listed and or sold.

Any help or direction in getting this sold would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Name:  truck.jpg
Views: 1164
Size:  98.2 KB
    Name:  truck 2.jpg
Views: 1122
Size:  71.9 KB

Video below
    https://youtube.com/shorts/T7SSiSSxWIo?feature=share

PM Bobby Stainless ?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

fer sure… bob is the dude with sales knowledge.

Thanks PM sent

Me ham… or Bringyourtrailer???
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

That thing is dope

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Cool looking rig. Ill give you a call this afternoon.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

That is for sure bring a trailer worthy although classic American rods don't do as well as eurotrash on their site.

If it's super high quality it might be a Barrett-Jackson auction type vehicle.

Third option would be a larger well-known high volume classic car consignment dealer.

Sooo nice! Id imagine big $ in the right market. Smaller numbers of production that got beat to shit as a work vehicles should make them fetch good $. Looks and sounds right. Comfy power seats is tge way to go

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

The other thing to note about bring a trailer is they have a very "full service" service you can sign up for where they come and take all the photos, write the ad and do a lot of the selling for you, obviously for a higher commission I would imagine

There is an upcoming cars and coffee in your area that will be full of rich car folks. Would probably be worth a visit to chat them up, preferably with the truck.

Sunday, June 26 - Drive to Caffeine & Gasoline at The Toy Cellar in Basalt, 9 to 11. Toy Cellar hosts some really special cars in their storage which will be open to tour. Let's show Aspen what we've got!
    A drive to Reudi Reservoir and/or lunch is likely to follow. While the drive through Glenwood Springs is less than exciting, this will be a fun time. We will depart Wolcott at 7:45 (note new time). Queue up on the west side of the road just off the exit. Anyone joining us from Eagle or Gypsum, we will pick you up at Gypsum at 8am if you wait on the shoulder of the westbound on ramp. RSVP to me for this one. (No need for regrets.) I just want a count and need to know if we need to stop in Gypsum.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Awwww, that might be the Yuburvan's great grandaddy
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

I kinda always wanted one of those.

Not in the market. But I like it
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    There is an upcoming cars and coffee in your area that will be full of rich car folks. Would probably be worth a visit to chat them up, preferably with the truck.
    Right across the street from my house.

can i drive that with my new PCA carbon passport, or ami going to get docked?
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Bump, Bobby if you could reach out I would appreciate it.

BringATrailer will organize pro photos and listing for you. Will almost certainly get the $ back: https://bringatrailer.com/plus-photography/

A relative of mine in Salida is into old shit like this and just migrated his ~50, pre-1970s car collection down there. It sounded like this might be more hot-rod than stock in the video -- that's not really his market. But if it is more just old and nicely restored, he might be able to provide some guidance.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    BringATrailer will organize pro photos and listing for you. Will almost certainly get the $ back: https://bringatrailer.com/plus-photography/

A relative of mine in Salida is into old shit like this and just migrated his ~50, pre-1970s car collection down there. It sounded like this might be more hot-rod than stock in the video -- that's not really his market. But if it is more just old and nicely restored, he might be able to provide some guidance.
    Thanks, I just do not have any knowledge of he vehicle. I am doing my friend a favor. I have the book that came with the vehicle.
    Does bringatrailor do everything, they come and look at the vehicle as well as taking pics?

Very sorry to hear what happened you friend. Thanks for doing what you're doing. I would list on Bring-a-trailer.

Thing is super nice - a quick search on classiccars.com makes it look like it could be worth north of $30k. I really don't know the market for these cars at all. See link below. Just giving you a starting point in case someone at cars and coffee (another great option) makes an offer.

https://classiccars.com/listings/find/1960-1969/gmc

I know you are likely needing to balance time spent going through old things versus getting maximum dollar for the family. Tough balance there. Good luck and ++vibes to you and yours.

Quote Originally Posted by skideeppow View Post
    Thanks, I just do not have any knowledge of he vehicle. I am doing my friend a favor. I have the book that came with the vehicle.
    Does bringatrailor do everything, they come and look at the vehicle as well as taking pics?
    Yes bring a trailer can be completely turnkey.

They can take all the photos, write the ad, etc.
    Somebody has to reach out to them and describe the vehicle and send a few photos to see if it meets their criteria but from what we can see it absolutely does.

They do need to know as much detail and history as possible about the car and since the owner/builder is not there they may have to send someone to look at it along with sending someone to get all the photos.

It also helps the auctions a lot if the seller ( or representative) is following along in the auction and able to answer questions from participants and the peanut gallery as they come up. But sometimes the seller is not there and the peanut gallery gets upset, but buyers who want the vehicle will still bid, it just isn't as much fun for the peanut gallery.

PS, the video link posed above in the OP does not play any video for me, but I can hear audio.
    I was bummed. I really wanted to see this thing, it looks beautiful.

Wow. Sweet ride.
    Video works for me, but don’t shoot vertical please.

BAT is a good option. Nationwide coverage.
    Need coldstart video, driving video, pics inside out, underneath! and under hood. Obviously any records on the resto would help.

If you don’t have records, get a local shop to document the engine, front suspension etc that was surely upgraded.

That sound doesn’t sound stock carburetor engine. Maybe your friend went full LS motor. That makes a difference

Panel trucks are so cool.
    GLWS and sorry about your friend passing.
    . . .

He was so proud of that truck! Its cool you're helping out his ladies.