Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    The Toyota Hybrid Highlander is interesting to me too. Does anyone know what it’s off road capability is? Obv not as good as the 4Runner, Tundra or Tac, but can it handle some gnar?

We just got a new Highlander Hybrid. Put deposit down for it in April, delivered last week. Like it so far but haven’t tested the off-road capability yet. Need some better tires but will probably wait til these wear down.

Buncha space especially when that third seat is down. We’ll be hauling 2 kids and dog around.

Didn’t necessarily want to have to buy a new car in current market but we kinda had to. And compared to used car prices buying new made sense. Nicest car I’ve ever had, but probably not saying much as we’ve always had pretty modest vehicles. I ain’t no dentist with an audi ;-)

If you're used to an Audi interior, handling, and overall feel, it's going to be REALLY hard to transition to a Toyota.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by carlh View Post
    Highlander hybrid is the current lead candidate
    If you want the fancy version, the Lexus RX is also available in hybrid.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Called the body shop and they said frame is bent don’t waste my time.

But financially, it is a good direction to go in based on his stated needs. I looked at them, but this interior was really hard for me to say no to and then there is the sound when you put your foot into it.

Name:  Screenshot 2022-06-16 165335.png
Views: 412
Size:  468.7 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Hit on the front right bumper making a left turn in heavy traffic. Problem is there are a bunch of things hidden in the bumper. Fixable for sure if parts can be found. Any cut rate shops in Seattle?
    United Auto Body in Issaquah are amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

I wish VW still made the Touareg.

Used to love my V8. They also had the V6, V10 and TDI versions.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I wanted a 2016 TDI, but the prices were crazy compared to what I got/paid for the Cayenne.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    If you want the fancy version, the Lexus RX is also available in hybrid.
    It’ll also allow you to do 55 in the fast lane while staring straight ahead lest you acknowledge the maniac drivers trying to get around you on the right.

Just like every other 68 year old woman who owns one.
    I still call it The Jake.

The q7 was a heavy tank, I did the fun to drive with a e91 6spd wagon for a while but right now cheap to run and reliable to go play and safe to cart the family are on top of the list. I would consider another tdi but don’t really want one out of warranty. I would also generally prefer a cheaper car I don’t care about getting muddy or snowy.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    The Toyota Hybrid Highlander is interesting to me too. Does anyone know what it’s off road capability is? Obv not as good as the 4Runner, Tundra or Tac, but can it handle some gnar?
    I've taken ours up really rocky roads.. to go camping... just need AT ish tires. Clearance is OK.

We have AT ish tires on and are getting 25 mpg (this is the last version with the V6 hybrid, not the current 4, which get's more mpg).

I road tripped last summer to NY and back from Colorado with rocket box, 4 bikes on the back driving a speed that I'm not posting here... was around 20-21 mpg.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Cayennes are expensive and flashy and have euro repair pricing not what I’m going for this round.

Anyone towed with an outback 3.6? I had a bad experience with an older 2.5 but the 6s are supposed to be better.

Cx9 also came up in my research but not sure it offers anything substantial over a Toyota other than a little less beige handling but all suvs suck at that.

Audi is expensive to repair
    It will have other problems after repair
    Parts and workers are scarce

35k can buy a lot of car and new inventory is starting to come back. So yeah a new car with no problems and a warranty sounds like the best route to me

I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    It’ll also allow you to do 55 in the fast lane while staring straight ahead lest you acknowledge the maniac drivers trying to get around you on the right.

Just like every other 68 year old woman who owns one.
    That's some quite specific bitterness. Is your MIL 68 and a Lexus owner by chance?

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    That's some quite specific bitterness. Is your MIL 68 and a Lexus owner by chance?
    Mom, mother in law, various aunts... it’s like the RX family of vehicles has a very, very specific target demo.

Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    They aren’t sold in the US anymore.

Just the Atlas and Tiguan.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Is there any damage other than cosmetic? If not:

Take the $21K payout, sell the car to gravitylover for $20K, and he can ditch the trouble prone Range Rover.
    Meh, never been an Audi fan other than the old 4000 Quattro hatch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post

Does GL need the bumper too, or is he good there?
    If I can use a 4x8 instead I'd prefer it.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Mom, mother in law, various aunts... it’s like the RX family of vehicles has a very, very specific target demo.
    Hahaha. Quite true. Round here tho, the boomer ladies are REALLY into Highlanders for whatever reason. With exactly the same driving habits you described. Well, Highlanders and those butt-ugly Chevy Trax/Buick Encores. Man, I hate those things.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    Wow. My Tundra gets 14 city, 16-17 highway.
    My 25yo F350 American steel diesel brodozer gets 16.3 all around [chip aided]. It will also seat 4 in some comfort and top the Grapevine @65mph towing a 36' Newmar 5th wheel.
    They still make Motorcraft and Alliant parts for it, the aftermarket is still strong, there are specialty Ford diesel shops in my area - not only worth keeping up but good used are often listed above original sticker.
    But it's noisy as a fucking zoo and parks like a tour boat on a dirty day. Impossible in urban environments, Toyota communes, and those little ratbox subdivisions some people have to live in.

Yeah, but you guys get all the Land Cruiser and cab-over 4x4 variants and that's kind of a trump card.

Hey we don't use that word anymore.

What's the exchange rate on the Oz dinero, holy shit

Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    Yeah but you guys get way more fun cars than we do, and significantly cheaper too.

I’d love to buy something like a Maverick, but they refuse to sell anything in that size here so all we get are massive pickups that are overpriced because they have to convert them to right hand drive.

Like here’s the pricing on a new Ram:

Attachment 419128

You can buy a house, or a pickup guaranteed to shit the bed within the first few years if Dodge’s build quality is unchanged from what I remember it being.

Diesel, manual and air conditioning?

I know what one I'm in.

That's still a lot of meat pies and VB's for 1/2 a truck.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang