Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Huh? Roglic and Ben O lost huge time, that’s like two guys who should be on the podium in a couple of weeks
    crab in my shoe mouth

Yes, but same has often happened even w/o the cobbles with cross winds in first week. Roglic wasn’t gonna contend this year anyway IMO.

Bike racing for ya

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2022 TDF Fantasy Challenge (SPOILER ALERT)

I’m ok with a shakeup
    Why does tradition dictate what type of rider has to win?
    Let the classics guys have their days too & force teams to accommodate this kind of ride too
    Not just a stunt stage imho

With Pogi pushing the pace at the front just shows what kind of rider he is

First week of the tour is always a shitshow, no need to pile on and make it even more stupid. Today was a joke
    crab in my shoe mouth

Bring on the cobbles. It's a 3 week stage race. May the best bike racer win. Can't believe Wout kept yellow today.
    is this thing on?

Wout actually looked tired at the finish, makes sense since he was pretty much pulling alone for 30k. I wonder if he has anything left to sprint for the win tomorrow...

Looks like Roglic dislocated his shoulder and had to put it back in. Bummer, but still loved todays stage

The only shitty thing about this stage was the hay bale in the route -- and that had nothing to do with cobbles. Could've happened just the same on a flat stage.

I take that back, EFs tactics were also shit.

Kudos to WvA for the insane ride to limit his teammates' losses and keep yellow.

Kudos to Pog for rocking the cobbles and good tactical racing. If he doesn't attack there, WvA brings Jonas back, the peloton slows down and Rog gets back on.

Well, my strategy sucked today…

But the NTT predictor had MvdP as favorite, and he sucked today as well.

Saw interview with Roglic - sounded like the shoulder dislocation happens a lot, has a standard way of relocating. Used to ski with a guy who played cornerback for The Ohio State University- had to help him relocate his shoulder a bunch of times. Said it was from tackles gone bad…

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    I take that back, EFs tactics were also shit.
    I understood what they were doing.
    N. Powless was in the virtual leaders position, and then his team told them that WvA was off the back with the rest of the Jumbo Team, so EF tried to drive the pace at the front of the peloton to make it harder to for Jumbo to catch the back onto the peloton.
    If Jumbo does not catch the back and WvA loses time, EF are in yellow.
    It just did not work out for them, missed the Yellow by 13 seconds.

tomorrow a breakaway will be allowed and someone takes it to the end
    be fun if it were Cort, but i'm thinking some other character takes a flyer on it

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    tomorrow a breakaway will be allowed and someone takes it to the end
    be fun if it were Cort, but i'm thinking some other character takes a flyer on it
    One of the longest stages of the race… are they going to let someone, or a group get 4-5 minutes out? Nope.

There are 174 riders in the peloton, half way down (87th place) is on 4’12” back.
    You have go to 104th place to find someone over 5’00” back of a yellow Jersey position.

Somebody might make a late charge to try to get away, but it won’t be a breakaway from a long way out.

Edit: except my pick will be a breakaway pick…. but that’s just how to gamble.

A lot of breakaway-friendly stages coming up, I think we will start to see some shakeups in our league as the results become less predictable. It's tough to gamble on breakaway stage hunters since there is never a great chance that they will win big on any given day, especially so early in the race where a lot of big teams will be trying to chase

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    One of the longest stages of the race… are they going to let someone, or a group get 4-5 minutes out? Nope.

There are 174 riders in the peloton, half way down (87th place) is on 4’12” back.
    You have go to 104th place to find someone over 5’00” back of a yellow Jersey position.

Somebody might make a late charge to try to get away, but it won’t be a breakaway from a long way out.

Edit: except my pick will be a breakaway pick…. but that’s just how to gamble.
    i take your point
    but do note that the GC differentials are slightly larger: 87th is 5:52, almost 6mins

cort is 17+mins down, so maybe he just keeps going nuts

Fucking mobile

Velonews has comments from Vaughters about Bettiol.

The subreddit r/peloton has much better content than the cesspool that is the majority of reddit. I will often read results threads, watch highlights if I think it worthwhile, or watch the whole race after the fact on tiz. The TdF youtube is also putting out great content and highlights this year.

The Vaughters comments seem like BS, definitely something fishy going on with Bettiol

It makes you think, is Pogacar low-key incredibly charismatic or is he out there doing his best Vinokourov impression backed with emirate money?

i take your point
    but do note that the GC differentials are slightly larger: 87th is 5:52, almost 6mins

cort is 17+mins down, so maybe he just keeps going nuts
    Sorry I clicked on stage ranking, not overall ranking, <4’00” is 60th place.

I've been irrationally sad all day knowing we wont get a fair Pog-Rog battle this year

Quote Originally Posted by ghosthop View Post
    It makes you think, is Pogacar low-key incredibly charismatic or is he out there doing his best Vinokourov impression backed with emirate money?
    Hoping charismatic, but have definitely considered the latter. Also turned on coverage to see WvA in the break?!? WTF

Looking forward to tomorrows stage, should be a good one.

I know that USA/NBC or whatever wants to show as much of the finish uninterrupted as possible but does that mean they have to run a fucking commercial every 30 seconds now?
    The Sheriff is near!

Pog just easily gapping everyone off his wheel on a flattish spring is scary. The only person who could have beat him was WVA but he was too busy riding kamikaze style all day long

Quote Originally Posted by Garth Bimble View Post
    I know that USA/NBC or whatever wants to show as much of the finish uninterrupted as possible but does that mean they have to run a fucking commercial every 30 seconds now?
    Peacock is $5/mo & has a commercial free feed
    No Bob/Phil, but no ads either
    [bob/phil also avail]

Yay me…i actually picked the stage winner finally
    (Was shaking my head when i turned it on & van aert was out on a breakaway lead)

Peacock is $5/mo & has a commercial free feed
    No Bob/Phil, but no ads either
    [bob/phil also avail]

Yay me…i actually picked the stage winner finally
    (Was shaking my head when i turned it on & van aert was out on a breakaway lead)
    Worth $5 if I don't have to watch the Antonelli's and their fucking cheese shop again.
    The Sheriff is near!

Haha