Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Definitely ran out of drugs.

Pretty damn cool DG!

The cup be fullith, and haven't done a single drug in 10 months. Serotonin is a precious commodity.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Impressive, Mtm. Marriage counselor, burning man Supervisor, bitcoin savant and Gentleman extraodinaire and now an online expert doctor and author of a study how mental illness and endurance sports are related.

It must be such fun to grow old in your shoes.

The only Gripe I have with the original is: it's sup!
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    The cup be fullith, and haven't done a single drug in 10 months.
    Not even coffee? No wonder you’re a crab.

So now we're going to discuss whether fear of getting fat can result in behavior that's more unhealthy than getting fat? I know nothing about Divegirl but this sounds way mellower than 50 ironmans in 50 days or whatever. There are people who do 24 hours of golf or running or whatever for a charitable cause annually. I wouldn't call that out as psychotic behavior..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

The cup be fullith, and haven't done a single drug in 10 months. Serotonin is a precious commodity.
    Go back on drugs.

Your posts are nutter lately.

Same as this shit.
    No, it's not the same. Setting an ambitious fitness goal and then putting in the training time and then actually accomplishing the goal are not mental illness and, furthermore, I think you might be mentally ill for even suggesting it.

Seriously MTM recently it seems that half of your posts are shitting on mags and other folks. Take a break and look at yourself for a while.

Divegirl congrats on the accomplishment. I like getting out on a SUP but can't imagine battling tides and those winds. Awesome!

Congrats duvegurrrrrl!

MTM, you're not entirely wrong about the crazy iron-nutterly but perhaps a different thread?

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

Massive congrats Divegirl! Insane effort. I don't even want to think about the core strength and mental stamina required for such an effort.

Curious as to how you train and prep for something like this. Aren't ya'll in CO? Just laps into the headwind on lakes?

I don’t understand MTM’s rant. Big difference between a single event like Divegirl did, and 50 Ironmans in 50 days, which, I concede is kind of whack.
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Madd Propz to Divegirl. That is one hell of an accomplishment.

@Lego - was she in a wetsuit or dry suit? Can’t imagine doing it without one.

Huge respect for divegirl. What a tremendous accomplishment.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Pickled, burnt out old man continues to be all three. No surprise there.

Congrats to divegirl. We camped last night next to the couple that finished at the same time. Maybe sat out the wind together from what the dad said?

Got pictures of the last 3 finishers, just barely beating the 48 hour cutoff. Two kayakers, then a bit later a paddleboarder who finished in the last hour. Impressive stuff. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20220612_173932.jpeg 
Views:	86 
Size:	73.9 KB 
ID:	418772Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20220612_181735.jpeg 
Views:	85 
Size:	124.3 KB 
ID:	418774

Way to go divegirl! Open ocean SUPing in the dark, FTS

Quote Originally Posted by irul&ublo View Post
    I don’t understand MTM’s rant. Big difference between a single event like Divegirl did, and 50 Ironmans in 50 days, which, I concede is kind of whack.
    There's a legitimate discussion to be had regarding ultra-endurance events, mental illness (in a far more nuanced manner than MTM's idiotic hot-take) and long-term implications for physical health, but this thread is not the place.

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    Pickled, burnt out old man continues to be all three. No surprise there.
    Hey, I'm olderer, more pickleder and dammit, people just despiserer me.

Besides, ++++, divegirl, you r00l.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Hey all,

Post race recap. As Abraham said, the wind came up really quickly. She was 3 miles from the finish and couldn't make much headway up wind so she and a couple others headed to the each and rested from about 6 to almost 10PM then headed in along the coast to finish in a three way tie for 60th at 12:15 am Sunday. So 29 hrs 15 minutes total time.

As for MTMs rant, I don't understand it at all. This race is tough for sure but for experienced paddlers is probably the equivalent of running a 50k or climbing Rainier. We live 5 minutes from the sound and she's out there at least twice a week and competes down in Hood River in their down wind and paddle championships so she's definitely experienced.
    Btw, the deaf blind high schoolers from Utah in the home made canoe finished Sunday morning at 7 am. If they can do that I don't really think you have to be mentally ill to complete in this race. Just fit, determined, and smart logistically.

Historians believe the ancient Polynesians paddled their canoes thousands of miles across the S. Pacific. Some even speculate they went as far as S. America. Where they crazy? I dunno.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

I paddled my kayak 37 miles around Manhattan Island in a day, and I'm no crazy endurance athlete. This 70-mile race seems like a great event and helluva an achievement (especially going all night) but not at all in the realm of mental illness.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Historians believe the ancient Polynesians paddled their canoes thousands of miles across the S. Pacific. Some even speculate they went as far as S. America. Where they crazy? I dunno.
    Why am I imagining Cliff Clavin saying this right now?
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    I paddled my kayak 37 miles around Manhattan Island in a day, and I'm no crazy endurance athlete. This 70-mile race seems like a great event and helluva an achievement (especially going all night) but not at all in the realm of mental illness.
    The Hudson and E. River rip some days. And then add the possibility of getting hit by a SI ferry, water taxi or the occasional stray log, and this is a feat. This may be more of an accomplishment than divegirl's.

i now feel stupid for standing up for a comment of mtm's in the what's cooking thread

jfc, what a worthlessly angry moronic tool

The irony being his rage blog post could easily pass for the word salad ramblings of a psychotic person who has lost touch with reality.

Congrats to divegirl and anyone else who did this event - its inspirational to hear about people pushing themselves to accomplish something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    i now feel stupid for standing up for a comment of mtm's in the what's cooking thread

jfc, what a worthlessly angry moronic tool
    Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    The irony being his rage blog post could easily pass for the word salad ramblings of a psychotic person who has lost touch with reality.

Congrats to divegirl and anyone else who did this event - its inspirational to hear about people pushing themselves to accomplish something like this.
    Now, now. Let's not get all crazy. Perhaps he just had a bad morning? I think the market and bitcoin are making people a bit tense.

I made fun of minvan owners on here once and I got my ass kicked. I learned my lesson. A lot of dudes on the TGRz drive minivans.

https://vancouverisland.ctvnews.ca/s...oria-1.5944780

Race from Port townsend to AK, you gotta know when to go and when to hunker down
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know