Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Better breathing with elbows out? Laughing my ass off. Link to study showing this?

Turning has always been about body position, lean and not turning the bar. It’s how bicycles work and what makes them amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    So, when you run a 800 bar and a 35 stem/10 sweep, what do you think it does to your elbows? It increases the bend. Advantages? more easy to push yourself back rolling rocks, leverage and yes it opens your lungs for easier breathing. So do a little test, hug yourself and breath and then open your arms and breath, what is easier?

Anyway, you fancy yourself as some sort of expert, show us your bar set up. Here is mine

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010269 (1280x1129).jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	978.1 KB 
ID:	418669

More back sweep mtn handle bar

Really? It’s not a 750 dual sport. You think 50-100mm makes a significant difference on a bicycle? The increased power of keeping your limbs closer to your body would be far greater than any advantage a longer bar would provide.

What other sports gain a power advantage by having your limbs farther away from your core? Roughly shoulder width is optimal, arms or legs.

“Roughly shoulder width” doesn’t seem to take into account the humerus.
    Wider than shoulder width bars help create leverage over the bike that’s bouncing off terrain beneath the rider and helps amplify rider input and pressure into the bike.
    Are too many people riding bars that are too wide? Yep.
    Are too many people giving advice based on their own style of riding, personal ROM, local terrain and bike fit? Also yes.
    Would I ride Jones H bar on a touring bike? Yes.
    Would I ever in a million years put an H bar on my everyday trail bike or enduro bike? Fuck no.
    YMMV.

As for the OP, it’s usually good to try one variable at a time. A reach adjustment is probably best and most cheaply achieved with a stem swap. If your wrists are bothering you then maybe more backsweep would help. Both my wrists are fairly effed, but I find that rolling my bars a touch more forward than most helps my situation- makes it easier to stabilize. (Riding OneUp bars cut to 770).
    YMMV

Is backsweep 2022’s chain queso??

Quote Originally Posted by joetron View Post
    Wider than shoulder width bars help create leverage over the bike that’s bouncing off terrain beneath the rider and helps amplify rider input and pressure into the bike.
    Are too many people giving advice based on their own style of riding, personal ROM, local terrain and bike fit? Also yes.
    Would I ever in a million years put an H bar on my everyday trail bike or enduro bike? Fuck no.
    YMMV.

As for the OP, it’s usually good to try one variable at a time. A reach adjustment is probably best and most cheaply achieved with a stem swap. If your wrists are bothering you then maybe more backsweep would help. Both my wrists are fairly effed, but I find that rolling my bars a touch more forward than most helps my situation- makes it easier to stabilize. (Riding OneUp bars cut to 770).
    YMMV

Have you tried something like a Jones bar on an mtb?

Quote Originally Posted by Quadzilla View Post
    So, when you run a 800 bar and a 35 stem/10 sweep, what do you think it does to your elbows? It increases the bend. Advantages? more easy to push yourself back rolling rocks, leverage and yes it opens your lungs for easier breathing. So do a little test, hug yourself and breath and then open your arms and breath, what is easier?

Anyway, you fancy yourself as some sort of expert, show us your bar set up. Here is mine

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010269 (1280x1129).jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	978.1 KB 
ID:	418669
    Uh ok. How about hang your arms at your sides and bend your elbows, now lift your arms out to the side and bend your elbows. Which one lets you breathe better. Who hugs themself while riding. I fancy myself an expert? I’m talking about physics and basic athletic position.

Again name another sport where you gain power by having your limbs abducted from your body.

....Name:  thumb_jenkins-getme-a-dead-horse-id-like-to-beat-it-13613369.jpeg
Views: 169
Size:  11.1 KB

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Mag Unicorn, I've got an old On One Mary bar with a lot of sweep, IIRC 640mm width. Wanna buy it?
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Have you tried something like a Jones bar on an mtb?

Absolutely not, because they don’t fit my needs for style of riding and the terrain I ride, but I’m stoked that they fit your needs and you’ve figured that out.

I think modern enduro bike design from the likes of Yeti or Santa Cruz have not jelled with everyone and so you do see those people online not being happy

I guess you can attempt to make yer new enduro bike ... not enduro
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Mag Unicorn, I've got an old On One Mary bar with a lot of sweep, IIRC 640mm width. Wanna buy it?
    Love that bar on my townie bike

Sent from the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen

Quote Originally Posted by joetron View Post
    YMMV.

YMMV

This. Especially the part about rolling the bar forward a bit (my wrists are only slightly jacked, but they're definitely most comfortable in that position).

Our commuter bike has a bar with a bunch of sweep. Similar to a Mary bar. I can't imagine riding that thing on any real trail. I don't even like it on the commuter, I just haven't gotten around to swapping them. It feels awkward and uncomfortable. Obviously opinions vary on this subject.