Check Out Our Shop
Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 1117
  1. #1076
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    1,191
    Just listed Corvus, Anima and Solis in GS if anyone is interested.

    Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

  2. #1077
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    108
    Quote Originally Posted by SoVT Joey View Post
    that’s very good sounding to me. The Atris felt too soft and no composed enough at high speeds. I ski powerfully and the Atris didn’t allow that for me, my buddy who skis with less power loves them. He’s a great skier, we just have two different techniques. Sledge hammer vs framing hammer.
    The little time I spent on an Atris, it made me think of it as BC’s Soul 7. Lots of people love it, just not for me. The Anima on the other hand, is like a significantly beefed up JJ or Super 7, especially the V1 Anima.
    I’m looking forward to the new Corvus. It does look like the Anima and the Corvus had a baby. And I like both, a lot.

  3. #1078
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Danby
    Posts
    2,486
    Just caught the draconians again on powder tv. Pretty sweet movie. That channel kicks ass


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #1079
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    11,084
    Got a great deal on these, just arrived today. Now just have to wait 7 more months.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1715743331.334444.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	225.2 KB 
ID:	493630Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1715743342.817456.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	1.39 MB 
ID:	493631


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  5. #1080
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    North Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    1,897

    The Black Crows thread

    Quote Originally Posted by whambat View Post
    I’m looking forward to the new Corvus. It does look like the Anima and the Corvus had a baby. And I like both, a lot.
    I got the 182 Anima last year and liked it. Almost burly and still playfulish. I’m also looking forward to the new Corvus (181 cm, -6cm rec and a turned up tail)….I’m seeing a 4 ski inbounds quiver of

    HL R120
    Anima
    HL FR110
    Corvus




    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    _________________________________________________
    I love big dumps.

  6. #1081
    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Location
    Deep in the heart of....
    Posts
    719

    The Black Crows thread

    Who’s been on the Octo? Considering it for a front side skinny ski. In the mean time, got so Noctas for 50% off.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1719103302.066593.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	179.9 KB 
ID:	495452  
    Last edited by Stuntmonkey; 06-24-2024 at 09:45 AM.

  7. #1082
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    WPG
    Posts
    119
    I’m optimistic about the new Corvus. Shape and rocker profile look similar to the Anima FB which was my ultimate Selkirks/monashees bc ski except for when the tails folded on landings or skiing quite fast.

    23/24 Corvus looks like the ideal Midi/skyway tool…waiting on the blister flash review.

  8. #1083
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    in the shadow of the white rocks
    Posts
    3,336
    Fuq Joey ( that really needs to be a ski sticker)

    Just grabbed a back up Corvus.

  9. #1084
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    2,344
    Camille's presentation of the 24/25 lineup and BC's current state of affairs including musings on the new Corvus.

    he mentions that there is a new special edition Nocta coming early 2025, so apparently it is not discontinued - just limited release for 24/25.
    Last edited by kid-kapow; 06-30-2024 at 07:18 AM.

  10. #1085
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    in the shadow of the white rocks
    Posts
    3,336
    Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    Camille's presentation of the 24/25 lineup and BC's current state of affairs including musings on the new Corvus.

    he mentions that there is a new special edition Nocta coming early 2025, so apparently it is not discontinued - just limited release for 24/25.
    Was kinda sad to hear the direction of the Corvus, as I like a stout charger. However, intrigued about the talk of using tour boots / cross over boots as discussed. Got me thinking about the Octo - anyone know the mount point (suggested). Camox is -6 & Mirus Cor being -3.5, something in this ball park & short could be a great non-DIN boot ski for resort.

  11. #1086
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,444

  12. #1087
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    11,084
    Skate pro has the 188’s.

    Snagged a pair a few months ago.

    https://www.skatepro.com/en-us/59-34727.htm


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  13. #1088
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    in the shadow of the white rocks
    Posts
    3,336
    Quote Originally Posted by halliday View Post

    I have a NIB set of these!

    Made props to Halliday for the hook up on the used 183'z ; perfect early season ski!!

  14. #1089
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,444
    New ones getting ready to go. Im at my office this week and we have a really nice shop area that is perfect for having a few cold ones and working on gear.


    Name:  image0.jpeg
Views: 341
Size:  60.4 KBName:  image0.jpeg
Views: 347
Size:  99.3 KB

  15. #1090
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Danby
    Posts
    2,486
    Company is turning into a bunch of producers of neutered skis for the masses. Fucking blows. They lost their mission and got greedy instead.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  16. #1091
    Join Date
    Apr 2024
    Posts
    13
    Yup. How many black crows skis are left that aren't jerry skis? Just the anima and the justis? We'll see about the new corvus.

  17. #1092
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Truckee & Nor Cal
    Posts
    15,937
    The new Noctas are great…

  18. #1093
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    North Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    1,897
    I just picked up some 176 Anima Birdies for my wife. As I got the 182 Anima mid season and they were great inbounds skis at Whistler.

    Between the Anima and the FR110 I barely skiied my other skis.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    _________________________________________________
    I love big dumps.

  19. #1094
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Danby
    Posts
    2,486
    M108 and a revolt 114 are really tempting.

    I am so confused as to why blackcrows thought it was some amount of genius to offer 3 skis in a 105-110 range that at this point all do basically the same thing at the same weight and the shapes are all so close.

    At least volkl realizes that some of their skis they manufacture just won’t be for everyone and for very few to actually enjoy and know how to use.

    Blizzard seems to have also gotten their nuts put in their wife’s purse as well. Hope Bruno and Julienne read the forum every once in a while and see these posts. It seems like the way of society lately, turn every great white shark into a multi colored fluffy sparkly unicorn to please the pussies.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  20. #1095
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,444
    Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    The new Noctas are great…
    Hopefully Black Crows doesn't fuck that one up.

  21. #1096
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,444
    Quote Originally Posted by SoVT Joey View Post
    M108 and a revolt 114 are really tempting.

    I am so confused as to why blackcrows thought it was some amount of genius to offer 3 skis in a 105-110 range that at this point all do basically the same thing at the same weight and the shapes are all so close.

    At least volkl realizes that some of their skis they manufacture just won’t be for everyone and for very few to actually enjoy and know how to use.

    Blizzard seems to have also gotten their nuts put in their wife’s purse as well. Hope Bruno and Julienne read the forum every once in a while and see these posts. It seems like the way of society lately, turn every great white shark into a multi colored fluffy sparkly unicorn to please the pussies.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The tails on the new Corvus are a dead giveaway to the direction BC is going. With tail lines like that I'll stick with my Nomad 115s in 181 and 186. Corvus is supposed to have a stout tail and a no bullshit attitude. I got my start with BC skiing the 2017 Corvus and that was a hate fucking machine that didn't tolerate laziness and rewarded good form and aggressive skiing. The flat skis are as awesome as the old cambered ones and a little easier to get along with. Stiff, stout, flat tail, and maneuverable as hell. I hope the people who buy the new Corvus enjoy the hell out of them but it doesn't seem like the Corvus Im looking for.

  22. #1097
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    175
    Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    The new Noctas are great…
    Agreed. Only got one 12"+ day on mine but they did not dissapoint.

  23. #1098
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    in the shadow of the white rocks
    Posts
    3,336
    Quote Originally Posted by jj111 View Post
    Yup. How many black crows skis are left that aren't jerry skis? Just the anima and the justis? We'll see about the new corvus.
    I does seem that the Corvus got the Soul7 treatment.

  24. #1099
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    3,101
    Quote Originally Posted by halliday View Post
    Hopefully Black Crows doesn't fuck that one up.
    My buddy that loved the old Nocta, hated the new one and sold them after just a few days on snow.
    Called them too pintaily(compared to old) and unbalanced.

  25. #1100
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Truckee & Nor Cal
    Posts
    15,937
    Quote Originally Posted by tuco View Post
    My buddy that loved the old Nocta, hated the new one and sold them after just a few days on snow.
    Called them too pintaily(compared to old) and unbalanced.
    I’ve owned three versions of the Nocta. They’re not that different.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •