Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by waxoff View Post
    I will keep this in mind when getting mine on snow..!
    Don't. Forget you ever read that, and decide for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    Don't. Forget you ever read that, and decide for yourself.
    I sure will! I also read the BC length recommendations... It seems they recommend rather short sizes. Based only on the shape of the ski in question (and because this is TGR) I'd probably would've gone for the 189 over the 183. But in reality the 177 might be the better choise for many. Anyways, time will tell. In due time I'll let y'all know my findings.

I was on Animas as a pow ski for a season a couple years ago (probably 2018/2019 vintage). I liked them when it wasn’t too deep, but anything deeper than shin and I had huge tip dive. Lots of brutal double ejections.

Swapped to the Noctas and love them for deep days. Fun the pivot and slash but they can also hold a more aggressive line. No tip dive problems.

Was the 189 Anima and 190 Nocta. All mounted on the line.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by bw_wp_hedonism View Post
    I was on Animas as a pow ski for a season a couple years ago (probably 2018/2019 vintage). I liked them when it wasn’t too deep, but anything deeper than shin and I had huge tip dive. Lots of brutal double ejections.
    That was my exact experience with the old Animas. I had demo binders on so I had to move them -2cm, even then in deep stuff they wanted to throw me OTB.

Be interesting to see if the wider tip on the new Anima would help.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post
    That was my exact experience with the old Animas. I had demo binders on so I had to move them -2cm, even then in deep stuff they wanted to throw me OTB.

Be interesting to see if the wider tip on the new Anima would help.
    I don't think 4mm is the issue

Due to the overwhelming influence of SoVTJoey - I’ve hopped on the BC train w some other end of the spectrum Divus.

Construction is simply beautiful. Will report back.

Quote Originally Posted by Sargentdrufus View Post
    I don't think 4mm is the issue

the anima would benefit from a H-plate. It needs more rigidity but retain the same weights.

and hell ya Irip! Thats going to be a blast! Can’t wait to get some laps in with you. 100 or so days…

Lapping as we speak at the Indoor Ski Cetre

What is the farthest back you are mounting bindings on the Atris?

Quote Originally Posted by halliday View Post

i went back 1cm and didn’t like them. Some guys do. Some guys like them back 2cm. If you are looking to go farther then that, there are other skis that work better.

Thanks. I got hooked up on a great deal with a new pair of last seasons Atris in 178. Im 5' 6" 180# soi I think the ski will work out just fine although I always wish I went bigger but this is what my buddy had so I went with it. I have a friend that skis his Atris -4 from the line and that seems a little far back but I have no experience with them only the Corvus which I ski -1.

I have been skiing the Corvus 2017 cambered in 175 and I love it right on the line. This year Im going up to a 183 in last years model most likely mounted right on the line.

Thanks. I got hooked up on a great deal with a new pair of last seasons Atris in 178. Im 5' 6" 180# soi I think the ski will work out just fine although I always wish I went bigger but this is what my buddy had so I went with it. I have a friend that skis his Atris -4 from the line and that seems a little far back but I have no experience with them only the Corvus which I ski -1.

178 is probably perfect. I’m 5’11 185 and ski ok, my 184 is great 98% of the time. Sometimes I wish I had a 189 just for more top end, but the Corvus does that a lot better. I have a 188 Corvus on the line. I like it. The 183 was more accessible and playful, the 188 is more of a demanding necessary tool.

For sure the Corvus is a demanding ski. I kind of like having that in my quiver as this season will be my 50th year on skis and to have something that allows me to push myself a little harder and feel comfortable doing so is a blessing. I never had the feeling that I could drive the Corvus too hard and still not have complete control is refreshing. I cant wait to try the newer version in a bigger size.

Late to the thread but it’s summer and I’m not on TGR as much. Atris is -8. I’ve gone back as much as -1.5. Did not like the ski mounted that far back. Lost its playfulness but didn’t gain much stability. Just felt like the tips were a big lever that got caught up in shit. I think if you are thinking you want to mount the Atris behind the line, either size up, or you’re really just looking for a more directional ski. I remounted a set of Atris’ at +1 and was surprised I liked them at least as much as on the line. Overall they’re my favorite ski of all time and I’d always mount them as close to recommended as possible.

I mounted -1.5 from the line. If I don't like it Ill either move up to the line or just go bigger. Im a short heavy guy and every time I buy skis I always wish I had gone a little bigger. Hence the 183 Corvus for this year mounted on the line.

You've probably all seen this, but here's NS's take on the new Anima:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4p82HP3S-4M

Does anybody happen to have the Navis Freebird and Plum ski crampons? The actual width of the 100mm crampon is anywhere from 101-103 depending on who is measuring. I’m curious if anybody has gotten away the 100mm instead of the 110mm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let’s liven this up a little bit. I’m dying for snow and getting really sick of laying stone and moving dirt. I’ve been working hard on not only moving shit at work, but moving my quiver around. I’m not done yet so it can’t go into quiver pics yet. But getting closer by the day. The ferox is being replaced by a new one, so I can quiver kill it to share plums with the solis. The Corvus freebird is the only one not quiver killed. Notca is killed for a duke pt. Corvus is killed for jesters. Atris shares the duke pt and jesters. I have flights booked for tahoe in jan, steamboat slope side for ten days in March, plus all my east coast travel and home mtn ripping at the ole strap-on.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	22A2F0C9-F294-4FA3-B7E9-6FDBD55AE03F.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	801.8 KB 
ID:	427114

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F3B37586-436C-495D-AE50-DEABC0ADF21F.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	427134

Daily drivers for 22-23.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	13617882-6CF3-4FDF-9DB2-2847BCE7DD7B.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	898.5 KB 
ID:	427133  

Also a pair of 4FRNT MSP 99s in 181 cm but since this is the Crows thread........
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F3B37586-436C-495D-AE50-DEABC0ADF21F.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	427135  

4FRNT? Never heard of her. What size snowboards do they make?? 😂

Ive been called a lot of things but being called a snowboarder might lead to some scrapping.

I've got some Corvus Freebirds showing up tomorrow. I need to mount my pivots on the Captis I got but I'm waiting for new boots to come in before I do that.