Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1663906594.797953.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	131.0 KB 
ID:	427252Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1663906604.717119.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	141.3 KB 
ID:	427253Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1663906614.619528.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	116.3 KB 
ID:	427254

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Wondering where the Atris falls on the stable/chop performance spectrum, knowing full well it's pretty light. Is it more comparable to something like the Vision 108 or Tracer 108, or does it have some more backbone?

Quote Originally Posted by Backward_Banana View Post
    Wondering where the Atris falls on the stable/chop performance spectrum, knowing full well it's pretty light. Is it more comparable to something like the Vision 108 or Tracer 108, or does it have some more backbone?
    it skis light powder chop well and spring soft snow. I haven’t had it in heavier snow wet snow yet, but from its reactions in softer and light chop, I’d say it’s going to get tossed around a bit. It definitely likes to go over things instead of through.

In general, it's definitely not the weapon of choice for chop, crud or heavier snow. That said, it's not nearly as light as V108 or T108; my 2018 189cm weighs 2240g, though I know the latest two iterations have been a bit lighter. It's always had a pretty substantial middle flex and it sounds like the 2023 ski has stiffened up the tips a bit. Historically the front and back 1/4 or 1/3rds of the ski just aren't that stiff and like to deflect. It's worked for my ski style, but I'm bouncy, 170lbs and not actually skiing much crud/chop that the Atris' capability can't get through.

Agree with above. The Atris gets beat up for chop/crusty ice/heavy anything. I'm riding the 189 @ 220lbs and it's the main reason I'm still hunting for something that can bomb through that stuff. It's the ski of choice for fresh 1-3", messing around on groomers, kickers and just having fun. It's surprisingly stable at speed imo, but could be better for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuntmonkey View Post
    Agree with above. The Atris gets beat up for chop/crusty ice/heavy anything. I'm riding the 189 @ 220lbs and it's the main reason I'm still hunting for something that can bomb through that stuff. It's the ski of choice for fresh 1-3", messing around on groomers, kickers and just having fun. It's surprisingly stable at speed imo, but could be better for sure.
    this is the reason I own a Corvus and an Atris. Atris plays and like air, Corvus is like a missile and goes through. They are both usually with me on any given day at the mtn.

Put this in gear swap but thought I check here here too, anyone holding these in a 188 and looking to sell?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1663972539.872543.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	678.6 KB 
ID:	427314

Quote Originally Posted by SoVT Joey View Post
    this is the reason I own a Corvus and an Atris. Atris plays and like air, Corvus is like a missile and goes through. They are both usually with me on any given day at the mtn.
    The Corvus will crush whatever is in its way. Im giving the Atris a go for this year....We'll see what happens. Im sure the Atris will be good for lazy days and tight trees.

Quote Originally Posted by halliday View Post
    The Corvus will crush whatever is in its way. Im giving the Atris a go for this year....We'll see what happens. Im sure the Atris will be good for lazy days and tight trees.
    Big downside is Atris tails don’t release in tight areas very easy for me. User error?

Here’s my line up.

Name:	Image1663973740.394403.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	1.54 MB 
ID:	427317

Quote Originally Posted by Stuntmonkey View Post
    Big downside is Atris tails don’t release in tight areas very easy for me. User error?

Here’s my line up.

Name:	Image1663973740.394403.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	1.54 MB 
ID:	427317
    ease your base bevel to a 1 degree, 2 degree sides. Mine release well, but not like the Corvus. That’s point and shoot.

Name:	4845B525-90A7-440B-B20F-041D0BA8017E_1_201_a.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	721.2 KB 
ID:	427320

I think its fitting.

Quote Originally Posted by ski whore View Post
    Put this in gear swap but thought I check here here too, anyone holding these in a 188 and looking to sell?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1663972539.872543.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	678.6 KB 
ID:	427314

I have 2020 Nocta in 190 that I might be unloading. Not sure if that's what you're looking for.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Looking for rocker/camber/rocker version, think 2020 was full rocker

Cool, thanks for the info. My friend was interested in the atris as an "afternoon on a pow day" ski, sounds like there are better options out there.

Cool, thanks for the info. My friend was interested in the atris as an "afternoon on a pow day" ski, sounds like there are better options out there.

ya. Corvus, Cochise, katana.

Quote Originally Posted by SoVT Joey View Post
    ease your base bevel to a 1 degree, 2 degree sides. Mine release well, but not like the Corvus. That’s point and shoot.
    Thanks, I'll give that a shot and see how that goes.

Divus getting mounted today!

Does anyone love the anima? The numbers/design make it look just awesome…but haven’t heard much from TGR…
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

I haven’t skied it but my brother is a big fan. I think a few people mentioned it earlier in this thread that it’s a bit of a hit and a miss?

Quote Originally Posted by SupreChicken View Post
    Does anyone love the anima? The numbers/design make it look just awesome…but haven’t heard much from TGR…
    I have yet to see anybody (that is not paid to ski them) rate the anima higher than meh.

I am also super curious to try a pair, but I am hard pressed to get a pair as most of the reviews are luke warm, they are BC so too much hype / price tag without the construction to back it up, and since I freaking love MF119s in this quiver spot (they are simply amazing imho, though the 189s at +1.5 is a tad too much ski for me at 175/70kg nekkid when the snow gets to be (very) moist/dense or extremely variable).

I actually bought a second pair of koala119s to see if the slot in somewhere between BGs and MF118s - for the best of both worlds. The updated Koala118 seem to be closer to anima than the og.

It’s ok. I had one I gave to my dad to ski. It was ok. Would rather ski my nocta when it’s deep or my Atris or Corvus depending on what’s left after a storm.

Quote Originally Posted by SupreChicken View Post
    Yeah, I'm (5 10 190#) on the 189's of the current version and I really dig em! Would not call them meh for sure. I found them easy to get along with but they sure can be pushed around without quitting on ya, they sure don't mind speed. I just ski them, not noticing any bad behaviors, floats fine enough, carves great. Not payed to say so, and what do I know, but I have at least skied them for quite a bit...

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    I have yet to see anybody (that is not paid to ski them) rate the anima higher than meh.

I am also super curious to try a pair, but I am hard pressed to get a pair as most of the reviews are luke warm, they are BC so too much hype / price tag without the construction to back it up
    What in the construction is lacking would you say?

Quote Originally Posted by waxoff View Post
    What in the construction is lacking would you say?
    Nothing is lacking, but then again there is more often than not seemingly little in BC's construction (across the range) that justifies a high price tag - other than the marketing (and brand positioning in a more exclusice segment) that is.

In my neck of the woods in Scandiland their pricing is just rediculous imho - though when I compare the price on Sport Bittl/Conrad to here I see now that that is probably "just" a greedy importer/distributor - adding cost and no extra value. Huzzah.

I know value is a subjective proposition, but to me BC skis seem over priced for what they deliver from a construction point of view alone, if perhaps not from a shape perspective. I am sure that they are great skis for the most part, and not "just" decent skis backed by great marketing - but their pricing have kept me off them this summer

And am also I happy to hear that you like your Animas. Again, I would love to try a pair, as well as Noctas, the new Atris, Navis/Corvus freebird - the list goes on, they do make a lot of interesting skis

If cost is a concern (as it should be) do all of your research during the ski season and then buy all of your gear May-September. I bought a shit load of stuff this summer and saved big money. I bought a pair of Atris, a pair of Corvus, and two sets of Pivot 15 for a little over half price. And I was able to pick up some excellent used skis also just to try out.