Page 8 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuntmonkey View Post
    Damn. That is a steal. We can probably find you flats for that. I've never paid more for any of my BCs.
    Yep, but clearly was not meant to be. Ah well.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    does anybody know who Michelle Parker will be riding for the coming season(s)? She and Abma were signed together with Callum Pettit to introduce Black Crows into the American market, but of the three only Callum is listed as an ambassador / crow team member. Abma rides for RMU now.

Not that who rides for who is all that important, but it would just surprise me if BC did not extend Michelle's contract in some form. After all, pushing women in skiing is all the rage nowadays and BC skis have always been popular due to their graphics / clean aesthetics.
    Looks like she's been pulled into the Peak Ski world

Womens Atris Birdie to unload in a 169. It’s the 2020 model, white and pinkish orange stripes. Skied a few runs by two different people, one ended up on shorter and loves them, one couldn’t ski them. One and a half mounts for marker royals, two heels, one toe mount. 22.5 and 24.5

Hi all. I'm looking to get my first pair of Crows this season, and likely add a pow ski (probably a full rocker fatty like Nocta) for next year.

I've been skiing Volkl Bridges (2007s and then 2014s) for about 15 years and have liked them, but also have no clue what else is out there. My friend loves his Corvuses and recommended Crows to me, but I am about twice his size at 6'3.5" and 215ish lbs and looking for something a little wider and in the 188-194 length, and I love at least a partial twin just for funsies (I don't do terrain parks or tricks, just natural drops and jumps). I rip pretty hard, all resort skiing historically but constantly going off piste to hunt for pow, trees, natural jumps/drops, etc. Groomers are really just to keep my dad or sister company occasionally or to get from point A to point B--not a priority, and I only do bumps in the trees really. I'm 34 and at the point in my life I can start doing some backcountry trips, so may be getting more into that soon, but for this pair I just want some alpine/downhill sendy monsters that shine in expert terrain, crud, and moderate pow (keeping in mind I'll probably add dedicated pow skis like Noctas later).

So my thoughts were either Atris or Anima as my daily driver, and then add something like a pair of Noctas down the road for pow days and a 2-ski-quiver. I know this is a Crows thread, but also considering Volkl Revolt 104 as the daily since I do know and love Volkl's skis. Was surprised to see so much Anima shade earlier in this thread... I thought they might be good for a big dude like me.

I'm going to try to demo in Alta/Snowbird around xmas, but any insight, experience, or thoughts would be really helpful! I've never bought a pair of skis without some Teton Gravity advice.

Quote Originally Posted by SupreChicken View Post
    Does anyone love the anima? The numbers/design make it look just awesome…but haven’t heard much from TGR…
    Sorry for the late response, but I have the original Animas in 194 and love them. I have them mounted 1cm forward, as I felt they were a little slow in tight trees, but they are 194s. I tried the 188s and they tip dived too much for me, but I’m 6’1” 210. I later saw NS’s review video and he mounted the OG 194s at 1 CM forward as well. As long as I have them tuned at 1/3 bevel, I think they are great for most days out West, as long as it’s not full low tide, then I reach for something with metal in it. I also have some Moment Wildcats at 190, and generally prefer the Animas in bounds, except for the biggest powder days, because of their tighter turn radius. Without my knowledge, a shop once tune them at 1/2 and I didn’t like them that way as much as a daily driver. With the big size, they hold great at speeds and are great in the chop.

Quote Originally Posted by zach.saltman@gmail.com View Post
    Hi all. I'm looking to get my first pair of Crows this season, and likely add a pow ski (probably a full rocker fatty like Nocta) for next year.

I've been skiing Volkl Bridges (2007s and then 2014s) for about 15 years and have liked them, but also have no clue what else is out there. My friend loves his Corvuses and recommended Crows to me, but I am about twice his size at 6'3.5" and 215ish lbs and looking for something a little wider and in the 188-194 length, and I love at least a partial twin just for funsies (I don't do terrain parks or tricks, just natural drops and jumps). I rip pretty hard, all resort skiing historically but constantly going off piste to hunt for pow, trees, natural jumps/drops, etc. Groomers are really just to keep my dad or sister company occasionally or to get from point A to point B--not a priority, and I only do bumps in the trees really. I'm 34 and at the point in my life I can start doing some backcountry trips, so may be getting more into that soon, but for this pair I just want some alpine/downhill sendy monsters that shine in expert terrain, crud, and moderate pow (keeping in mind I'll probably add dedicated pow skis like Noctas later).

So my thoughts were either Atris or Anima as my daily driver, and then add something like a pair of Noctas down the road for pow days and a 2-ski-quiver. I know this is a Crows thread, but also considering Volkl Revolt 104 as the daily since I do know and love Volkl's skis. Was surprised to see so much Anima shade earlier in this thread... I thought they might be good for a big dude like me.

I'm going to try to demo in Alta/Snowbird around xmas, but any insight, experience, or thoughts would be really helpful! I've never bought a pair of skis without some Teton Gravity advice.
    Atris sounds like a good fit. I can’t speak for the new 105 but the 108 is pretty bomb proof

just buy one of each of the four your mentioned. Can’t go wrong!!!

but seriously, I am Atris fan as well. Four of my buddies use those as DD too. Light enough to 50/50. I don’t like the anima, and I got more of tip folding then tip dive. But either way, not a huge fan. A Atris, Corvus, and nocta are the only three skis anyone will ever need at a resort.

id buy a Atris and Corvus and not buy a nocta until it is warranted. My nocta does a lot of sitting, but when the time is right it’s right and there is nothing better, well maybe a 138 spoon…

I agree with the above posts on the Atris as a DD. You will not be sorry to buy the Corvus as well. There are really good deals right now on both Artis and Corvus for the 21-22 m/y.

I’d get a 193 Corvus at your size, I’m larger than you and they’re great almost anywhere and fun in trees if the snow is soft. Surprisingly great in deeper dry pow, like 18-24”. I’m not sure what the current iteration is like, mine from 2020? are basically flat with a very subtle rocker and little splay.

I'd say Corvus or Atris as a DD, Nocta for when it's deep, skip Anima if you're building a quiver.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Where do you ski Zach?

Another vote for corvus in a 2 ski quiver or the Atris/Corvus/Nocta line up. I'll snag a corvus shortly as well I think. Rode them last year and really enjoyed them, but want to try out the enforcer line for shit and giggles this year.

People who have the Enforcers say good things about them. Same for the Devastator.

I’ve been a big fan of the Atris as my DD, but I’m not sure if a “6’ 3.5!” 215lb guy who rips pretty hard and wants some sendy monsters” would be satisfied at Alta/Bird on the Atris 189 to charge on. I’m 6’ 170 and they’re substantial enough for my bouncy ass style. I’d push you toward the Corvus 188/193, esp coming off the Bridge.

Anima could work; I’ve got a ripper buddy here who’s my size and does some real work with the 188’s as an occasional DD. Pretty different option compared to the Atris, Corvus, Bridge and Revolt 104 though. And creeping toward some width overlap if you’re hard up for some surf boards down the road.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FBD3251F-8583-47D9-BCD1-9C490279EBD4.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	529.2 KB 
ID:	435247

Quote Originally Posted by PeachesNCream View Post
    Care to compare the noctas and the animas? Looking at both these skis for the fat end of a 2 ski quiver. Animas are more versatile but I noticed you got rid of them? I had the old nocta with camber but I assume the current nocta is a different ski
    I'm in a similar boat - heard that Noctas are surfier and more of a one-trick pony, but how much of that fun, floaty, slashy, surfy goodness do you give up with the Anima?

Quote Originally Posted by NotSoBright View Post
    I'm in a similar boat - heard that Noctas are surfier and more of a one-trick pony, but how much of that fun, floaty, slashy, surfy goodness do you give up with the Anima?

i found the anima didn’t slash or surf well compared to the nocta and I would rather grab a Atris or Corvus when the nocta started to get tossed around. If you are ripping big open faces with little to no chop and looking to nuke then the anima is the tool. If you want to slash and pivot and still rip big faces in deep pow and then hit the woods and play more then the nocta is the tool for that. But as soon as the snow gets chopped neither are great. The both get bounced pretty hard. The Atris handles chop and lends to a more active skier where as the Corvus will just go through it all and still smear and pivot like a bull dozer.

Anyone going to join the crew for a Ski Sauvage? I'm pretty stoked they're coming to Aspen this year; Highlands should be pretty fun

Anyone tele on the Corvus? My current daily driver is a 189 On3p Wren 98 and looking for something a bit wider without adding too much weight. I have a pair of 119 waisted Icelantic Keepers for the deep days that I really really like.

I found a great deal on a 188. What are your experiences?
    "Not all who wander are lost"

I’m doing Keene valley and killington.

Quote Originally Posted by SoVT Joey View Post
    i found the anima didn’t slash or surf well compared to the nocta and I would rather grab a Atris or Corvus when the nocta started to get tossed around. If you are ripping big open faces with little to no chop and looking to nuke then the anima is the tool. If you want to slash and pivot and still rip big faces in deep pow and then hit the woods and play more then the nocta is the tool for that. But as soon as the snow gets chopped neither are great. The both get bounced pretty hard. The Atris handles chop and lends to a more active skier where as the Corvus will just go through it all and still smear and pivot like a bull dozer.
    Thanks - that's super helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by NotSoBright View Post
    Thanks - that's super helpful.
    It’s funny that SoVT Joey and I have had such different experiences with the Anima. I’ve never had the tip folding he’s experienced with them, just tip dive before I upsized to the 194. I had to retire a pair of Folsom Primary skis, because I would get so much tip folding in moguls it drive me crazy. But, never with the Animas. I find them to pivot really well, slash, and then carve when I’ve wanted them to. I think Mark Abma skied them for most of his MSP segments over the last few years, he was on the Noctas for a bit before that though, if I remember right.

From his reports, I’d love to try the Corvus, I almost bought a pair cheap from Powder7 last year, but the employees there didn’t have the most positive experience on them. From what I’ve heard though, some people really love the Corvus or it’s just meh to them. I think it’s shape makes it easy to turn, but it seems like you need to be a stronger skier to get the wow factor out of them (could be wrong here, just what I’ve picked up from people). I’d just like to get some time on them before I fork over the cash, but it’s the one that keeps coming up on my list to fill that size slot (I shelved the Folsoms to bring back my OG Armada Invictus 108 ti back into duty, they’re basically a beefier Cochise). I also picked up a pair of Legend Pro Riders 192 last year mounted but never used for cheap, so I have some time before I add to that slot. I just like the idea of a ski you can slash that also has the carving abilities of the Corvus as Joey describes it.

I have heard mixed things on the Atris, some people say they are the bees knees for a DD and others have said their top end is a little lacking, but hopefully that’s fixed with the new stiffer design. Looks like NS has been rocking some crazy lines at speed on the new ones where he used to use the Animas.

^If you like the Invictus 108 you’ll like the Corvus. They’re basically the same ski but the Corvus is flat underfoot with long very low rocker in front of and behind the boot. I had five seasons on the original Invictus and it’s one of my favorite skis of all time. The Corvus skis the same but is much easier to pivot. I ski the 193

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    ^If you like the Invictus 108 you’ll like the Corvus. They’re basically the same ski but the Corvus is flat underfoot with long very low rocker in front of and behind the boot. I had five seasons on the original Invictus and it’s one of my favorite skis of all time. The Corvus skis the same but is much easier to pivot. I ski the 193

Any loss of stability or damping from the Invictus to the Corvus? The Corvus is several hundred grams lighter. I’ll admit I was a little skeptical of the deep rocker lines on the Corvus as it reminds me of the Mantra M5s I have, and frankly don’t love that ski, I prefer the Bonafides with less rocker in that width. But, I guess that’s just a reason to go longer on size.

Nocta sizing help!

I’m 6’1” 200 lbs and just about to turn 50! I’ve been riding the Captis 184 for groomers and Atris 189 for everything else. Love the Atris and it’s never really felt too long…maybe towards the end of a hard day in the steep skied out trees

Every year we do a January Baldface trip and last year I had my Atris 189s with waist deep powder. I had a blast on them but they did tend to feel a little long in the deep, steeper tight trees. I found myself wishing I had something that was a little easier, maybe even slower at times. The 189 Atris was a lot of effort to ski in those conditions. They were a blast because you definitely sank deeper, and fun when it opened up….but a lot of work.

This year Im looking to add a “just powder” ski for cat trips and Baldface. I haven’t ridden a +115 ski in the deep like the Nocta. This is where I’m struggling…I keep seeing the Nocta skis shorter with the full rocker. Will the Nocta 190 feel too long in those deep, tighter moments like the Atris 189 did for me? Should I go for the Nocta 186 for a more playful, floaty, maneuverable, easier going ride, or am I worrying about it too much and just go for the 190?