Page 14 of 43 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

BC Atris (New Vs. Old)

I stumbled upon a killer deal on a new pair of 184CM Atris and pulled the trigger. Before I mount and kill the resale value I thought I should ask the group if they are an improvement to the old version or pretty much the same ski just a tiny bit changed due to the waist width. Blister says they aren’t that different but ski essentials says it’s a huge change!?!?

I feel like the majority of people hate on the Atris but I’m super intrigued by it nonetheless. At full price I would never buy it but at 40% off it caught my attention!! Plus it looks really cool (I know, lame)

This would be my 2-6inches of snow ski BtW. Have the wildcats for deep days and the Line BO96 for low tide. I’m more of a tight tress and moguls skier than someone who goes as fast as possible in open bowls, though I do like to try and drag my hips on groomers if the ski and conditions allow it.

I want a fun energetic ski that isn’t a noodle. 6ft 180lbs advanced/expert

What's the consensus on the Mirus Cor? Anyone been on them for awhile? They seem so fun (and almost unnecessary for my quiver) and I'd love a pair for groomer days.

Quote Originally Posted by RadSkier_ View Post
    I stumbled upon a killer deal on a new pair of 184CM Atris and pulled the trigger. Before I mount and kill the resale value I thought I should ask the group if they are an improvement to the old version or pretty much the same ski just a tiny bit changed due to the waist width. Blister says they aren’t that different but ski essentials says it’s a huge change!?!?

I feel like the majority of people hate on the Atris but I’m super intrigued by it nonetheless. At full price I would never buy it but at 40% off it caught my attention!! Plus it looks really cool (I know, lame)

This would be my 2-6inches of snow ski BtW. Have the wildcats for deep days and the Line BO96 for low tide. I’m more of a tight tress and moguls skier than someone who goes as fast as possible in open bowls, though I do like to try and drag my hips on groomers if the ski and conditions allow it.

I want a fun energetic ski that isn’t a noodle. 6ft 180lbs advanced/expert
    IMO, mount on the line, detune the tails and have fun. I don't know anyone who hates on the Atris that actually has it. It's probably one of the most versatile skis in my quiver, and I've fallen back in love with it after battling boot changes, ramp angles and bunch of other bullshit. I'm on the 189.9 @ 6'2 / 225lbs and it rips. Like, everywhere, anything.

Based on what unicorn was saying, it's pretty much a corvus with no metal and twin tips imo. The corvus being much for directional.

Quote Originally Posted by Chunter View Post
    What's the consensus on the Mirus Cor? Anyone been on them for awhile? They seem so fun (and almost unnecessary for my quiver) and I'd love a pair for groomer days.
    Everybody who runs them loves them. I was talking to a guy on the lift yesterday and he said it's like riding rails on groomers that have the ability to change into playful fun should the need arise.

Quote Originally Posted by RadSkier_ View Post
    I feel like the majority of people hate on the Atris but I’m super intrigued by it nonetheless.
    The Atris is BC most sold ski.

Most skiers seem to love them, even if some chargers on TGR find them (the previous version) to be a bit bland with too soft shovels. I can't remember reading any hate on the new model in this thread, rather the opposite.

The only reviews I've seen on the new version that has been unfavorable was from the Norwegian magazine FriFlyt, but said reviews are freaking worthless imho.

I would mount them and give them a go. Their resale price should still be pretty good #BCsomuchhype&preettygraphics

Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post
    May want to hold off and see what Heritage Lab has in the works…

ETA: I’m concerned with the 19m radius of the new Nocta.
    Oooh, interesting. I knew Marshal was working on his own thing but didn't know what it was called. Those FreeRide 132's look promising. I love my Wildcat 118's so I figure if I'm going to get another pow ski might want something notably wider. I do miss my Noctas at times, though.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Oooh, interesting. I knew Marshal was working on his own thing but didn't know what it was called. Those FreeRide 132's look promising. I love my Wildcat 118's so I figure if I'm going to get another pow ski might want something notably wider. I do miss my Noctas at times, though.

fuck that. Buy an old nocta, a new nocta and buy what ever heritage is going to come up with. That’s the proper solution.

it’s going to be a hard sell on the new nocta for me. I love my 190. It’s the best ski I can ask for for the terrain I get into. It pivots like Nancy Kerrigan before she got the club.

Got a question for you guys - I'm heading to Cham in March and am bringing resort skis and BC skis. My current AT setup is a pair of Line Vision 108's which are really only good in the freshest of powder - if the snow is anything else they get kicked around and are kind of terrifying to ski. I've been debating back and forth about getting something a little more versatile and PTex posted the Navis Freebird for sale. It seems like that might be a solid option? Anyone have any thoughts on them? I'd probably just move my current bindings over to whatever new ski I get and continue rocking the 1-ski quiver for backcountry as I am around 90-10 resort-backcountry. The other alternative that I've been debating is just getting a pair of real skis (Atris, Kore 105, etc.) because I care less about weight and more about how the ski skis.

Get a Corvus or Corvus FB. If you don’t know what you’re getting into in regards to snow that’s the tool. I’m thinking about getting a 188 Corvus for touring to complement my 193s

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by SoVT Joey View Post
    fuck that. Buy an old nocta, a new nocta and buy what ever heritage is going to come up with. That’s the proper solution.
    This is the way. I don't know what I was thinking.

As for the Atris discussion, I owned the previous version 4-5 years ago and it was a fine ski... I wanted it to have a little more backbone (which it sounds like they added?) but definitely not any reason to dislike it.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Get a Corvus or Corvus FB. If you don’t know what you’re getting into in regards to snow that’s the tool. I’m thinking about getting a 188 Corvus for touring to complement my 193s
    +1 for the pink sticks. I love my 188s.

Re: new Atris vs. old…old Atris felt surfy and pivoty in soft snow but could still handle firm snow, bumps, and groomers very well, as long as you maintained a fairly neutral stance and didn’t try to push them too hard.

New Atris feels much more energetic and wants to go straighter and faster. Still not a stiff ski, but less pivoty and more like to be skied fast and driven. You can still throw them sideways, but not as easily as the old version.

In powder, the new Atris is a hoot if you enjoy making a three dimensional turn. The pop you get out of a powder turn is super fun. But if you prefer more of a planing/surfy feel, the new Atris has a lot less of that versus the old Atris.

Bottom line: not massively different, and if you’ve skied one, it won’t take you too long to get used to the other. But they’re not the same ski.

I agree with this statement heavily. If I was going to Cham I’d bring a Corvus and a Corvus FB. I have a Corvus FB 188 with bindings and skins that are both brand new on the skis for $300 plus shipping.

Don’t think I can resist the ptex1 temptation…

Anyone here ski the Navis Freebird? I’d mount with ATK Kuluar12 tech bindings and use as my touring rig… hoping/shooting for a light Mantra102 type experience. Thoughts?

I don’t have any experience except on the non-freebird and it was a great alpine traditional mounted ride. My buddies on orb freebirds love those and the Navis freebird is pretty close to the orbs just wider. I wouldn’t hesitate to give them a shot. Especially at that price. There is a guy that skis around here that DDs a pair of Navis freebirds and says they are great.

Can anyone compare the Atris to a QST 106? They sound very similar.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

After coming to my senses I pulled the trigger on that new Nocta. I'll report back in a few weeks. Not too concerned about the 19m radius - the last gen was 21m so not a huge difference, and I think that's part of the reason they're so great in the trees.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post

Atris is better on hardpack and in soft/powder snow. Can't speak to moguls because I suck. So Atris is better I guess.
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

I agree with this statement heavily. If I was going to Cham I’d bring a Corvus and a Corvus FB. I have a Corvus FB 188 with bindings and skins that are both brand new on the skis for $300 plus shipping.
    How similar do the Corvus FB feel on snow vs the regular Corvus? I have the flat/rocker 18/19 Corvus.

How similar do the Corvus FB feel on snow vs the regular Corvus? I have the flat/rocker 18/19 Corvus.

they have camber so they are more traditional feeling I guess I would say, they aren’t as slarvy but they can, they ski as well in a conditions as the regular Corvus though. It’s kinda like a zero G 105. They just do everything well

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    After coming to my senses I pulled the trigger on that new Nocta. I'll report back in a few weeks. Not too concerned about the 19m radius - the last gen was 21m so not a huge difference, and I think that's part of the reason they're so great in the trees.
    Last gen before this year was 26m

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    Last gen before this year was 26m
    Ahh... okay. Well, I guess I'll see how they handle. I already have my chargy pow ski - Noctas will be for surfy / playful skiing... not too worried about it.

Wow great deal, I'm too featherweight to handle that size though.

Caw! Caw! Joining the Murder… 185cm Navis Freebirds on the way from ptex1. Hoping I’ll need the width for a trip to the Gaspe’ in mid March.

Decided to keep the Corvus. Mounted them last night -1cm from recommended and took them out for the first time today. Conditions offered a bit of everything so it was a good opportunity for a well-rounded test. Overall I’m happy and looking forward to the rest of the year. Regarding mount point, I’d say the recommended line is too far forward for me. Glad I went -1cm and would consider -2cm.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4CA83128-8D01-4BA1-8311-2B71AD766D48.jpeg 
Views:	62 
Size:	246.1 KB 
ID:	445122