Still good people in the world !

I've been on the go stressing, helping my daughter find/move into a place to live and find a used car with a low budget from the other side of the country. We fly in on a Wed night, drive 50 miles Thursday to meet and secure a sublet from a grad student, Friday graduation ends at 2, pack up everything in her dorm room, drive another hour to see the last car(the others were duds) and it ends up being the one. The owner is accommodating on all fronts from letting us run an hour late because "I have everything packed" means something different in college than what it means in real life.
    I schedule an inspection with a local shop this morning and the mechanic calls with a 5 star rating and refuses to take any money( he quoted me $200). I offer to pay multiple times as well as providing lunch for his crew. The mechanic won't hear of any of it and just says, "come see me when you're kid needs something fixed" . Keep in mind I never even met the guy, everything was done over the phone.

I came away from this feeling really grateful there are nice people in the world that believe in being kind.

If anyone needs a mechanic in Cambridge/Somerville go see Murph at Carzone.

Maybe Murph knows the car is gonna need a timing belt or head gasket in the next 1000 miles...he's a closer I hear.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

That seems like a pre roundabout way of letting us know your kid just graduated from Harvard.
    And yeah, I run into good people all the time. Usually people who work with their hands and backs for not a lot of money.

That's a little snide, Doc. And she didn't go to Harvard btw.

FNS, it's not the world, it's Massachusetts. It's better here.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    That seems like a pre roundabout way of letting us know your kid just graduated from Harvard.
    And yeah, I run into good people all the time. Usually people who work with their hands and backs for not a lot of money.
    Not the big H but Wellesley. Had to run around all over BFE to find a car. By the way I'm not overly educated or very smart but somehow ended up with 3 awesome human beings that grew up at my house. All I wanted to say was how much I appreciated the moment(s) dealing with total strangers that made me feel good not trying to give some Ivy League flex.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    That's a little snide, Doc. And she didn't go to Harvard btw.

I asked my mother in law how she professes to be a English teacher when she comes from a state that can't read elementary school words?

What the fuck is Woostah and PEEEbdy all about ?

And yet she still needs pops to find her a place to live and a car to drive!

You should pay your street hookers more then!

Quote Originally Posted by fatnslow View Post
    Not the big H but Wellesley. Had to run around all over BFE to find a car. By the way I'm not overly educated or very smart but somehow ended up with 3 awesome human beings that grew up at my house. All I wanted to say was how much I appreciated the moment(s) dealing with total strangers that made me feel good not trying to give some Ivy League flex.
    You sound like a good parent for reals.

If you actually read what he wrote, daughter's school was not by the car mechanic (he mentioned driving an hour). And even if it was near the mechanic, if you knew anything about the Boston area, you'd know you can throw a rock in any direction and hit a different college. Going to a car mechanic in "Cambridge" most definitely doesn't automatically equal "Harvard".
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

All I wanted to say was how much I appreciated the moment(s) dealing with total strangers that made me feel good
    All kidding aside, it is nice when you meet really good people. For some reason random people feel comfortable coming up to my wife and I and talking to us. I think I must give off a psychiatrist vibe because they tend to open up to me. They are often “odd” people but in a good way. These are fun interactions, sometimes they need help or advice and sometimes it’s just an older person that wants to talk. Usually I learn something as well. It’s fun and it does feel good.

I asked my mother in law how she professes to be a English teacher when she comes from a state that can't read elementary school words?

What the fuck is Woostah and PEEEbdy all about ?
    Well. First you have to drive past woooburn, go through dedhm, then over to quinzeeee and then on to east ham.
    It’s complicated.

I know that's what you were saying and that you were just trying to throw some business to a good guy, not brag on a smart kid--not that there's anything wrong about bragging about a smart kid. Besides, what's so great about Harvard--lot's of rich idiots go there. And I don't think any of the Ivy's teach you how to buy a used car.

I know that's what you were saying and that you were just trying to throw some business to a good guy, not brag on a smart kid--not that there's anything wrong about bragging about a smart kid. Besides, what's so great about Harvard--lot's of rich idiots go there. And I don't think any of the Ivy's teach you how to buy a used car.
    Clearly magna cum laude doesn't since her half wit old man had to handle it. I was hoping to find click and clack's old place but didn't look that hard. And yes so proud I felt like I was levitating last weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Flounder View Post
    …. For some reason random people feel comfortable coming up to…. they tend to open up to me. They are often “odd” people but in a good way...
    Whatever vibe you’re giving off, I must have it too cause I experience the same thing- a lot. And yeah, there are still good people in the world. Maybe even most people

I've been on the go stressing, helping my daughter find/move into a place to live and find a used car with a low budget from the other side of the country. We fly in on a Wed night, drive 50 miles Thursday to meet and secure a sublet from a grad student, Friday graduation ends at 2, pack up everything in her dorm room, drive another hour to see the last car(the others were duds) and it ends up being the one. The owner is accommodating on all fronts from letting us run an hour late because "I have everything packed" means something different in college than what it means in real life.
    I schedule an inspection with a local shop this morning and the mechanic calls with a 5 star rating and refuses to take any money( he quoted me $200). I offer to pay multiple times as well as providing lunch for his crew. The mechanic won't hear of any of it and just says, "come see me when you're kid needs something fixed" . Keep in mind I never even met the guy, everything was done over the phone.

I came away from this feeling really grateful there are nice people in the world that believe in being kind.

If anyone needs a mechanic in Cambridge/Somerville go see Murph at Carzone.
    Nice, FNS, congrats on all that.

You know they’re called Massholes for a reason, yeah?
    I still call it The Jake.

ha I couldn't believe that slow pitch was still sitting out there

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Well. First you have to drive past woooburn, go through dedhm, then over to quinzeeee and then on to east ham.
    It’s complicated.

Towads Braintree or is that down Hingham way?

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless Sinner View Post
    Towards Braintree or is that down Hingham way?
    Oh you must mean Weymouth, it's the only thing between Braintree and Hingham.

I think the maggot Jimmy Carter is from there, you should ask him.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    ...throw a rock in any direction and hit a different college.
    "...currently residing in the where are they now file"

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post

You know they’re called Massholes for a reason, yeah?
    Well bless yaw fahkin haaaht

Oh you must mean Weymouth, it's the only thing between Braintree and Hingham.

I think the maggot Jimmy Carter is from there, you should ask him.
    As I hear it, it’s best to just keep driving these days

Quote Originally Posted by Flounder View Post
    And yet she still needs pops to find her a place to live and a car to drive!
    They are always your little girl and I am certain he bends over backwards to help her. It is how a good dad rolls.