Rossi 9x fks 15 remount?

I found these bindings. Can I get different base plates to mount them on a flat ski without that plate?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1653799364.924091.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	53.5 KB 
ID:	417598

Those plates are just a sheet of aluminum over plastic as far as the mounting screws are concerned. I'm pretty sure the screw lengths are all normal and you can just remove them from the skis and remount on any normal ski without a plate.

That is the music to my ears that I was hoping to hear. Thanks, mate!

Now, anyone got a brake for an M102?

And, anyone want the ski? It’s free for the cost of shipping. Or- maybe it’s just easier to give it to you. I’ll take pics of the actual ski when I pick it up. That pic is not it. It’s clean.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

^yea other than potentially having to shave down the screws you can definitely mount those bindings on any ski. And its worth bending those brakes...the old black bases break less often than the new silver bases in my experience.
    Do what you like, Like what you do.

Check to make certain the bindings don’t have lifters between them & the plate- that would require a new set of screws.

Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    That is the music to my ears that I was hoping to hear. Thanks, mate!

Now, anyone got a brake for an M102?

And, anyone want the ski? It’s free for the cost of shipping. Or- maybe it’s just easier to give it to you. I’ll take pics of the actual ski when I pick it up. That pic is not it. It’s clean.

I've got 95s,which should work with 102s,but I suspect bending isquicker and a hell of a lot cheaper than shipping NOR-JPN.

Sent fra min LYA-L29 via Tapatalk

Thanks for all the feedback. And Arild, I’ll probably try bending before ordering. But thanks!

So here they are. 187 9X & 155 Race. Anyone estimate the year? 2004? R>21m.

Nearly mint. If I had to guess how much they were skied based on top sheet & binding scratches, I’d guess 10-20 times. Bases and edges are obviously immaculate.

35$. I’ll probably never ski the skis. Which feels like some sort of cardinal sin. I feel like I should go groomer zooming on them before I pull the bindings. Yeah, that’s a better idea.

And interesting there’s a 1mm (rubber?) shim under both heels, under the plate. Quite specific. I feel like whoever owned these threw down. Maybe they were skied 100 times... but still no scratches because homie was meticulous. Also, note the heal pieces set in the locked position. Did he think he was saving spring?

What a thrift store score.

DINS at 12.

Name:	Image1653910984.299797.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	140.8 KB 
ID:	417665

Name:	Image1653910999.159322.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	134.1 KB 
ID:	417666

Name:	Image1653911015.559534.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	146.8 KB 
ID:	417667
    Last edited by gaijin; 05-30-2022 at 07:01 AM.

No lifters on there, so screws should be fine.

I’d not take out that ski as it’s 20 years old & the sidewalls look as if they are quite rippled out. No need to end your season when one of those explodes on ya.

Oh… the ‘1mm of rubber…’ is a glued adhesive.

Thanks!

Yeah, you just scared me about the sidewalls. I guess they’ll go on the wall in the garage. /shrug.

Weren't those sidewalls always rippled? I vaguely remember thinking it looked like the router was wobbly when they cut them.

I don’t remember. But it doesn’t seem strange now. Seems like part of the build.

Thanks for all the feedback. And Arild, I’ll probably try bending before ordering. But thanks!

So here they are. 187 9X & 155 Race. Anyone estimate the year? 2004? R>21m.

Nearly mint. If I had to guess how much they were skied based on top sheet & binding scratches, I’d guess 10-20 times. Bases and edges are obviously immaculate.

35$. I’ll probably never ski the skis. Which feels like some sort of cardinal sin. I feel like I should go groomer zooming on them before I pull the bindings. Yeah, that’s a better idea.

And interesting there’s a 1mm (rubber?) shim under both heels, under the plate. Quite specific. I feel like whoever owned these threw down. Maybe they were skied 100 times... but still no scratches because homie was meticulous. Also, note the heal pieces set in the locked position. Did he think he was saving spring?

What a thrift store score.

DINS at 12.

Name:	Image1653910984.299797.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	140.8 KB 
ID:	417665

I have a similar ski of the same vintage and mine have exactly the same sidewalls and the ~1mm wedge under the heel also. Seems like they came that way from the factory.

Replaced the fks 155s with pivot 12s and used the 155s on another pair of skis with no problems

Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post
    I’d not take out that ski as it’s 20 years old & the sidewalls look as if they are quite rippled out. No need to end your season when one of those explodes on ya.
    Seriously B?

Quote Originally Posted by skuff View Post
    I have a similar ski of the same vintage and mine have exactly the same sidewalls and the ~1mm wedge under the heel also. Seems like they came that way from the factory.

Replaced the fks 155s with pivot 12s and used the 155s on another pair of skis with no problems
    They came that way from the factory?

That is so representative of that era. So many changes in design that fixes would be shims on factory builds. “Factory” had two to three different meanings.

The late 90’s to the early 00’s is like twenty years in ski design.

They came that way from the factory?

That is so representative of that era. So many changes in design that fixes would be shims on factory builds. “Factory” had two to three different meanings.

The late 90’s to the early 00’s is like twenty years in ski design.
    I'm the second (third?) owner so I'm not positive they leave the factory that way, but I can't think of another reason to explain the similarities

FWIW, if you were the ebay type I bet you could get $40 for those riser plates (I've sold same for same on same). There are a few out there (racers and wannabes who can rail) in need/want of that FKS specific plate.
    Quote Originally Posted by skideeppow View Post
    That grip walk shit is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by tuco View Post
    Seriously B?
    My gen1 dayglo Explosiv looks way better than that & is a much more fun ride

I know the designer of that plate quite well, mounted dozens of the prototype when they were trying all the different versions.
    The sidewall was rippled from the factory a lot of the time but your tech would sand/polish/profile them before use (obviously not in this case) I'd feel fine skiing that ski on groomers. Depending on the serial number that ski may have been made in the Dynastar race room too.
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

I've got the same sticks remounted with 3 toe OG Forza pivots. Took them out a couple times last season but was surprisingly underwhelmed at their groomer carving. Maybe I just wasn't going fast enough? I probably only got up to 40mph or so. I probably need the slalom version!