RIP "Fletch" from Depeche Mode. Founding member dead at 60

Met him briefly, across the bar, in London, a few times. Seemed the most "adult" of the DM guys.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using TGR Forums mobile app

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Oh, man, heard about this a few minutes ago. Yet another musician from my childhood MTV soundtrack gone. Never appreciated DM that much in the 80's and 90's (too much of a classic rock, narrowly focused, guitar hero person at the time) but always had to concede the catchiness of some of their tunes, and some of their stuff was just impossible to escape/ignore at the time. I'm almost 100% certain that every single person I went to high school with knew at least a few of their songs. And of course the guy only being 60...not the kind of news you want to hear.
    [quote][//quote]

I went to a bar in Estonia that only plays Depeche Mode. Place was packed. This was 4 years ago.

Obligatory movie quote: “I don’t want to sound gay or nothin’…but I think Depeche Mode is a sweet band”

Damn. Sad news. Speak and Spell was the soundtrack to my childhood.

https://youtu.be/AP0AjVHYUAQ

Saw DM in 98 or 99 on their "Discography" tour. They played pretty much every album and the show went on for HOURS. Was nostalgia overload. Stabbing Westward opened for them. Packed stadium. What a night!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app