Thread: RIP Alan White.

RIP Alan White.

Yes drummer for about 50 years. A bad day today, indeed.
    Back in the day he had such an elaborate kit.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Oh man what the hell. Rough day!

Fwiw there are many Yes concert recordings available on Relisten.net

Dude could drum. RIP

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    Yes drummer for about 50 years. A bad day today, indeed.
    Back in the day he had such an elaborate kit.
    You do know that Bill Bruford was still the drummer on this one, not Alan White, right?
    "The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size."

Another one lost to Rock and Roll Heaven.

Bill Bruford
    15h ·
    Yes drummer Alan White slips away. From Bill:
    Alan was a proper Geordie – steady, powerful, no nonsense, probably didn’t really like the frilly bits. He took over the reins in Yes at short notice after I moved on, and by all accounts, didn’t make a fuss when he had to learn the band’s repertoire in about three days.
    As different men from different backgrounds with quite different styles, we had come to drumming from pretty much opposite ends of the spectrum. I quite liked the frilly bits. Geordies don’t like talking about anything very much, so our mutual respect went unspoken. I know he loved the heck out of ‘Close to the Edge’ as, indeed, did I.
    Aside from the sadness, there is something extraordinarily poetic that his life should have come to an end exactly 50 years after he picked up the sticks and gave his all to the band he came to love. He’ll be forever remembered through his contribution to drumming inside and outside of Yes. My heart goes out to Gigi and all Alan’s family.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by powpig View Post
    You do know that Bill Bruford was still the drummer on this one, not Alan White, right?
    No, I don’t know that. When he joined the band in 1972 I was still a pup
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix