Any thoughts on the Revel Rail 29?

Never have built a new bike ground up with the parts I want from scratch. Was in a newer shop in town and they mentioned the Rail 29. Not as progressive geo as some of the enduro sleds out now but looks to be a little longer than my Tracer 275 which I think would be good and I've been thinking of going 29er for a bit. So any thoughts or rumors on the frame? Will not be full on budgie if I do it. Already said no to an Elevensix or EXT but still XT level or so so maybe a little bling here and there.

I think Joetron is a Revel dealer and smmokan has Revel's in his fleet as well.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "I'd eat a bag of Dicks and wash it down with a Coke any day." - iceman

I have the 27.5 Rail. Amazing climber for 170/165 bike, descends ok as well : )

CBF is a great platform. And yeah, what those guys said.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I donít think a ton of people have time on the Rail 29 yet (even here in carbondale I havenít seen many) but those I do know are very hyped on it. CBF kicks ass on the way up and down so itís hard to go wrong. Iíve been on a rascal for a couple years and like it more than any other bike Iíve tried, but to each their own. I imagine theyíll get some demos going this summer
    Quote Originally Posted by other grskier View Post
    well, in the three years i've been skiing i bet i can ski most anything those 'pro's' i listed can, probably

That's what I'd like to replace my megatower with eventually if I keep a big bike in the stable.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

I'm supposed to get a size run of XT builds in the next week or two.... I'll definitely report back as soon as I can get some time on one.

For anyone interested in 27.5 Rail, they are apparently 20% off at the moment for both frames and builds that are in stock. I've been riding mine a ton lately, love this bike!

https://www.revelbikes.com/our-bikes/revel-rail/