Thumb/wrist (CMC joint) arthritis and MTB

Diagnosed with bilateral CMC joint arthritis, getting a little better (had a cortisone shot at the base of RT thumb...seemed to help a little but certainly nothing too dramatic), but still cant ride my mountain bike. Been on the gravel bike and that seems to be fine, a little tender, but this is the first season in forever that I have not been on my MTB yet. Anybody dealt with this, have a magic cure or just good way to "deal"?

It seemed to come out of nowhere, I think it is related to doing a ton of skiing and not using straps (made a switch to Leki trigger ones at the end of the season), but it's lingering--im at 2 months at this point. I'm 51, so I've dealt with long term stuff before that eventually went away (shoulder pain, plantar fasciitis, etc), so I'm hoping this will go away as well.

Any strategies/ideas appreciated!

Have you tried TOGS (Thumb Over GripS)?
    I have client that has has been dealing with some wrist/forearm issues and her physio told her to rest her thumb above the bar as often as possible, as opposed to gripping it around the handle.
    I installed some TOGS and she is happy with them. For $20 its worth a try.
    https://togs.com/collections/togs-1

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    I have a client who played for Nortre Dame back in the day. In his 50s. He was telling me about doing stem cell injections in his old beat shoulders and elbows. He said it's basically been life changing. Other than the cost it sounds like a legit option.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    Have you tried TOGS (Thumb Over GripS)?
    I have client that has has been dealing with some wrist/forearm issues and her physio told her to rest her thumb above the bar as often as possible, as opposed to gripping it around the handle.
    I installed some TOGS and she is happy with them. For $20 its worth a try.
    https://togs.com/collections/togs-1
    Ordered. Think I might cut down my bar a bit as well from 800 to reduce the angle on my cmc joint.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    I have a client who played for Nortre Dame back in the day. In his 50s. He was telling me about doing stem cell injections in his old beat shoulders and elbows. He said it's basically been life changing. Other than the cost it sounds like a legit option.
    My wife had some platelets spun out of her blood and injected into her back by a guy in Burlington. Super painful, expensive, and didnt work. Dunno who does stem cell stuff around here..will look into it. Thx for ideas so far!