• Prison Time for gun owners who lose or have their gun stolen

30 19.23%
  • Background checks and a waiting period for 100% of transactions

119 76.28%
  • No semiautomatic anythings...

60 38.46%
  • Tax gun sales with additional fee to go to mental health

70 44.87%
  • Register ALL firearms and require insurance (car analogy)

101 64.74%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 88 of 295 FirstFirst ... 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,200 of 7374
    Cool that bump stocks are banned, but the Uvalde shooter was able to buy one of these:

https://www.firequest.com/HEG2.html

(found in the school, not clear it was used)

My 1st grader had her first active shooter drill yesterday. A lot of kids cried during this drill I was told.

Yay! What a country we have.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by TNKen View Post
    Bought it for $4,500, today worth about $34,000.
    Regrets. Bought an MG-42 for $31k, sold it for $60k. Its sister sold last week for $192k.

Pretty damned good investment.
    MG-42. No shit. Original German caliber or converted? Must have been expensive to feed. Hitler's Zipper.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    If he actually has an M-16 it’s already registered and the BATF knows he has it. The real question is why he has it, it’s prohibitively expensive to shoot full auto firearms. Like it would likely be a few hundred dollars for a short range session. So it’s more likely that he just likes to fondle it and think about how powerful it makes him.

Why do people own Ferrari's? Pretty expensive to drive and unless you are going to track, it is illegal to use as intended on public roads. Why do you care what he does with his money if he isn't endangering anyone?

As you already mentioned...it is fully registered, etc. Not sure there is a reason to worry about people that pass the backgrounds and process of purchasing full auto rifles.....
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    My 1st grader had her first active shooter drill yesterday. A lot of kids cried during this drill I was told.
    They didn't have masks on did they? I mean, then, we'd be talking some PTSD.

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    Why do people own Ferrari's? Pretty expensive to drive and unless you are going to track, it is illegal to use as intended on public roads. Why do you care what he does with his money if he isn't endangering anyone?

As you already mentioned...it is fully registered, etc. Not sure there is a reason to worry about people that pass the backgrounds and process of purchasing full auto rifles.....
    because as already established in this thread the background check ain’t much of a background check? And reasonably speaking any kind of “real” background check would be prohibitively expensive, or at least require a substantial increase in the NFA tax stamp cost.

the DC school shooter ( who was shooting at kids exiting/entering school) had an illegally converted auto ar-15

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post

You can take street legal cars to the track and race them, run quarters, etc...

And it still gets you to work and back. All a gun's good for outside of the range is tragedy....

Bla bla bla let's ban cars/knives/bats/bla bla bla. All those things add massive net social utility and everyday productivity. False equivalency to claim they are the same as guns because they can be dangerous....
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by CarlMega View Post
    They didn't have masks on did they? I mean, then, we'd be talking some PTSD.
    Nope. Masks gone for last few months thankfully.

Quote Originally Posted by TNKen View Post
    They won't ban them from ownership. Only new manufacture and transfer. The recent house bill didn't ban ARs or mags, only new mags with more than 15 round capacity, and the sale of ARs to persons under 21. Nothing about existing AR's or mags.
    In other words the law doesn’t take anybody’s gun or mags from them, nor does it turn law abiding citizens into felons. It’s a completely reasonable law that every Republican voted against. And had no chance due to the GQP in the senate. Fuck republicans and all their voters!

Let's allow anyone/everyone who isn't already a CONVICTED felon the ability to quickly and easily procure a massive arsenal deadly enough to commit mass mayhem with zero warning..

What could possibly go wrong???

Our country is run by cunts, I’m not expecting much.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Our country is run by cunts.

Now that's a statement everyone can agree to right there. Bravo!

To the gun crowd: are there any armaments that you feel should not be legally ownable by civilians?

Like, if there's a spectrum of weapons that could be owned, with a dull pen knife at one end, and a nuclear ICBM at the other end, where on that spectrum do you draw the line for civilian ownership, and why?

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    To the gun crowd: are there any armaments that you feel should not be legally ownable by civilians?

Like, if there's a spectrum of weapons that could be owned, with a dull pen knife at one end, and a nuclear ICBM at the other end, where on that spectrum do you draw the line for civilian ownership, and why?
    I feel much safer killing feral hogs with my Trident II D5 missile. Usually one suffices.
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    I feel much safer killing feral hogs with my Trident II D5 missile. Usually one suffices.
    Shall not be infringed!

Lulz. I often wonder this too - what is the line for the gun nuts? Flame throwers? Grenade launchers? Dark complexion?

Still, hit it with two just to be sure

If only there was something we could do...

People HAVE to drive.

I own guns, Glocks and even an AR, and nothing I’ve proposed would take away persons right to own a Glock 17 or an AR. We register guns, we get a safety class prior to purchasing, we NFA AR’s and high cap mags. I’d give up nothing, but if I really wanted them, I’d have to pay a few hundred dollars and do some paperwork.

The difference between that and walking through the sporting goods store, grabbing a sleeping bag, lantern, bag of charcoal and an AR because, we’ll, why not? The are dirt cheap, is the difference between sanity and insanity.

I’m happy to tell fun nuts they are ruining it for the average gun owner. I don’t care about them. The problem is democrats won’t do any of the above. They will scare everyone away with dumb ideas. And even if it does pass, there will be little to no enforcement. They will let everyone out of jail.

Until your the victim of a serious crime, you have a false sense of security from law enforcement. The truth is there is almost none in this country.

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    People HAVE to drive.

I own guns, Glocks and even an AR, and nothing I’ve proposed would take away persons right to own a Glock 17 or an AR. We register guns, we get a safety class prior to purchasing, we NFA AR’s and high cap mags. I’d give up nothing, but if I really wanted them, I’d have to pay a few hundred dollars and do some paperwork.

The difference between that and walking through the sporting goods store, grabbing a sleeping bag, lantern, bag of charcoal and an AR because, we’ll, why not? The are dirt cheap, is the difference between sanity and insanity.

It’s called sanity.

Sometimes we disagree...but this makes a lot of sense to me. Why is this not possible in our current political environment?
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

People HAVE to drive.

I’m happy to tell fun nuts they are ruining it for the average gun owner. I don’t care about them. The problem is democrats won’t do any of the above. They will scare everyone away with dumb ideas. And even if it does pass, there will be little to no enforcement.

Until your the victim of a serious crime, you have a false sense of security from law enforcement. The truth is there is almost none.

And there’s one political party stopping that from happening. And you’re voting for them

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    Sometimes we disagree...but this makes a lot of sense to me. Why is this not possible in our current political environment?
    Same reason not a single GQP candidate will win an election this fall without praising Trump and the big lie....

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    Still, hit it with two just to be sure
    that’s only if you are using the surplus USSR nukes, and you’ll need five to be sure you hit the same zip code

Dammit, haven't you ever seen sci-fi movies?

Do NOT expose dangerous animals to high levels of radiation.

Stick with something reasonable for the job at hand, like napalm.

Sent from my SM-G892A using TGR Forums mobile app

If only there was something we could do...

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    And there’s one political party stopping that from happening. And you’re voting for them
    Today I talked to a girl I’ve know a long time about guns. she gave me shit for trying to educate her on why every law we have is failing and even insulted me. I told her if I started suggesting a gun registry, or mag limits to the gun community they would roast me too.

So where do reasonable gun owners land? Left won’t listen to their logic, call them part of the problem, and the right outcast them.

That’s why it falls. Average gun owner guys like lMconaughey, who are not movie stars, are not listened to, and not respected. But they are the only ones that can really change things. .

I guess we can blame a deeply dived country rules by minority extremists.

Today I talked to a girl I’ve know a long time about guns. she gave me shit for trying to educate her on why every law we have is failing and even insulted me. I told her if I started suggesting a gun registry, or mag limits to the gun community they would roast me too.

Gee I can’t imagine why she got pissed, you were just trying to “educate her”. I mean she was proposing things like eliminating high capacity magazines…. How unreasonable.