• Prison Time for gun owners who lose or have their gun stolen

22 20.00%
  • Background checks and a waiting period for 100% of transactions

89 80.91%
  • No semiautomatic anythings...

41 37.27%
  • Tax gun sales with additional fee to go to mental health

49 44.55%
  • Register ALL firearms and require insurance (car analogy)

72 65.45%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 41 of 123 FirstFirst ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 3062
    Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post

In Canadian: Sorry to say but our system fucking rocks. Yours is broken. Get over it. Sent my kids on the bus this morning to school quite comfortably, which I can guaranfuckingtee isn't happening in the USA right now.
    It can happen here. My old high school. Not long after I got out of there, remember hearing about it on the radio while working at a tree nursery just north west of Brampton. The shooter was the brother of one of my classmates. Too close for comfort.

https://lornajmccluskey.wordpress.co...bcss-shooting/

Does FOX ever criticize cops? Seems like firings coming.

That teacher who propped open that school door...hate to be that person.

Total collapse of procedures that day.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    As of this moment, k-12 students in the United States are more likely to be fatally shot than on-duty police officers.

2022 number of dead cops: 20
    2022 number of dead kids: 24
    Keeping them even safer than school children is how you know the training is working.

Quote Originally Posted by cinnepa View Post
    Wow, what a shitshow of a press conference going on now
    and you know the real shitshow is behind the scenes as they all try to find a lie to cover their own asses

Jfc sitting there as multiple 911 calls come from inside the school
    Last edited by dunfree ; 05-27-2022 at 11:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    I'd need to consult with your last partner to OK that. What's his name and address?
    You're smart enough to know that's a fucked up thing to say, knock that shit off. Be a homophobe all you want in your trailer, but not here.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "I'd eat a bag of Dicks and wash it down with a Coke any day." - iceman

As of this moment, k-12 students in the United States are more likely to be fatally shot than on-duty police officers.

2022 number of dead cops: 20
    2022 number of dead kids: 24
    More likely? Not so.

There are 50 million students and 700K police officers, so a PO is 60x more likely to be shot.

Not that any of these deaths are OK
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Name:  FTx1EYvX0AgUn0w.png
Views: 228
Size:  95.5 KB

If we find out the classroom door was designed to keep a shooter out it speaks to the defensive problem of objects that protect children can also protect shooters.
    Last edited by MultiVerse; 05-27-2022 at 12:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    More likely? Not so.

There are 50 million students and 700K police officers, so a PO is 60x more likely to be shot.

Not that any of these deaths are OK
    Do we need to point out the huge variable for you? Going to school isn't supposed to be a dangerous activity.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by cinnepa View Post
    Does FOX ever criticize cops? Seems like firings coming.

That teacher who propped open that school door...hate to be that person.

Total collapse of procedures that day.
    Apparently Tucker was actually pretty critical of them last night. Article commenting on him showed up in my newsfeed, but I can’t find it any more.

You know you’ve fucked up as a cop when you’ve lost guys like Tucker.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Do we need to point out the huge variable for you? Going to school isn't supposed to be a dangerous activity.
    What color is the sky?

Going to school should be vastly less risky than being a cop. And it is. I don't have in mind an appropriate ratio.

Both those numbers are ideally zero shot.

Police lied about the timeline. Multiple times. And about shooter having body armor. And about him being barricaded.

They lied about the armed resource officer's whereabouts.

They detained parents, while individual cops went in and got their own kids out. In doing so, one cop got another child killed via his incompetence.

Cops lying is a feature, not a bug, and they'll keep massaging the message until they arrive at one the media will accept.

Police lied about the timeline. Multiple times. And about shooter having body armor. And about him being barricaded.

They lied about the armed resource officer's whereabouts.

They detained parents, while individual cops went in and got their own kids out. In doing so, one cop got another child killed via his incompetence.

Cops lying is a feature, not a bug, and they'll keep massaging the message until they arrive at one the media will accept.
    Holy shit!

That's unbelievable... almost...

Infuriating

Yup. It's a game of cat and mouse to see what they can get away with and what is provable. Resources being spent managing the fuck-ups and the messaging about the fuck-ups is bigly.

And the taxpayers will pay in the end for their cowardice and thuggery

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    You're smart enough to know that's a fucked up thing to say, knock that shit off. Be a homophobe all you want in your trailer, but not here.
    Lawyer living in a trailer? Go on…

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    What color is the sky?
    What's hyperbole? I wasn't going for mathematically accurate. Fuck guns is a better bumper sticker than "please consider voting for candidates that support enacting science based common sense gun control legislation".

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Lawyer living in a trailer? Go on…

I believe the socially correct term is tiny house.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    I believe the socially correct term is tiny house.
    And technically he was being a homophobe in his tiny house when posting, which is conflicting advice IMO.

My job is like 60% more deadly per year than police officer. Shrug. I show respect to law enforcement just as I do any other profesional but it is conditional and certainly doesn't include a sticker on my car or any other undue showering of praise for a bunch of people who mostly don't see the world the way I do.

In the small things I think we should do and can do category is regulate how arms are marketed. Sporting arms would be acceptable. Self defense weapons would not. Hunting rifle is okay. Basically, I think we need to rid ourselves of the pervasive notion guns owned by civilians are for killing people. Corrosive as shit is my opinion.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41599-020-0437-0

Also, my dad and grandpa always drilled it into my head to never talk about what guns I own or don't own. So whenever people spray about their guns it gives me pause. I notice the people who spray the most lean more toward the self defense side of things and less toward the sportman/game hunter side. I guess it is a culture I don't get. Seems like a ridiculous obsession. Like the dude down the street that has like 15 cameras around his house. Wtf. Who has time for all that footy or to haul a gun around everywhere. At least cameras don't kill people. One of those home defense weapons killed a family member who was having a bad day.

And I know this is debatable nonsense to a lot of people and I respect reasonable people who disagree. But cigs were for cool people once. We changed the marketing and over time attitudes changed. The assault rifle, as pointed out by gun people who nonstop compare it to a semi auto hunting rifle, is partly a marketing gimmick and it matters to the deranged kid. They want the whole package. And we hand it to them. Knock yourself out kid. It is insanity.
    Last edited by uglymoney; 05-27-2022 at 01:11 PM.

Yeah, my job is statistically more dangerous than cops' jobs from a death standpoint too, although I concede that theirs is way more dangerous in most other ways. But that's what both they and I signed up for.

Here's the interview where the kid describes his classmate getting killed because the cop said something like "if you need help, shout out" so another kid did, and the gunman turned and shot her. Warning: it's kind of tough to watch https://archiveddit.com/?video=uydcpe.mp4

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Also, my dad and grandpa always drilled it into my head to never talk about what guns I own or don't own. So whenever people spray about their guns it gives me pause. I notice the people who spray the most lean more toward the self defense side of things and less toward the sportman/game hunter side. I guess it is a culture I don't get. Seems like a ridiculous obsession.
    As someone who falls into the sportman category of guns I absolutely detest the self defense ammosexuals, and we need a complete cultural separation between the two. Those AR-15 assholes are going to get shotguns and hunting rifles taken away in the long term. Well, maybe not, but it would still be good for progress to separate these groups a bit more (and I don't mean from the outside perspective). There are plenty of "bleeding heart liberals" like myself who appreciate guns in an appropriate setting.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

^^^^^

Me too

I rip the groomed on tele gear

Yeah, same here. Hunting rifles and shotguns are tools. All these para-military guns have become fetishized toys.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    As someone who falls into the sportman category of guns I absolutely detest the self defense ammosexuals, and we need a complete cultural separation between the two. Those AR-15 assholes are going to get shotguns and hunting rifles taken away in the long term. Well, maybe not, but it would still be good for progress to separate these groups a bit more (and I don't mean from the outside perspective). There are plenty of "bleeding heart liberals" like myself who appreciate guns in an appropriate setting.
    Unfortunately there is a lot of overlap between the two groups.

When specially equipped federal immigration agents arrived at the elementary school in Uvalde, Texas, on Tuesday, the local police at the scene would not allow them to go after the gunman who had opened fire on students inside the school, according to two officials briefed on the situation.”

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2022/05...chool-shooting