• Prison Time for gun owners who lose or have their gun stolen

30 19.23%
  • Background checks and a waiting period for 100% of transactions

119 76.28%
  • No semiautomatic anythings...

60 38.46%
  • Tax gun sales with additional fee to go to mental health

70 44.87%
  • Register ALL firearms and require insurance (car analogy)

101 64.74%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 37 of 295 FirstFirst ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    We will proceed with your blessings.
    Posteur indeed

Why aren't the police and police unions SCREAMING for better regulation of this shit? It's clear that their vests are no match for the high velocity rounds coming out of these WMDs. They have no answers other than to sit outside and call the military/border patrol in?? Will blue lives still matter more than freedumbs when cops are getting mowed down?
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    Posteur indeed
    The most sincere flattery, merci.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

We will proceed with your blessings.

Honestly, most of your posts echo that same schtick, like we're not supposed to discuss current events and politics. Sh33sh.
    My only comment was that it’s performative. You’ve done nothing to counter that argument, and historical record is going against you.

But as is common, make it about the messenger when you don’t like what the mirror shows you.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Why aren't the police and police unions SCREAMING for better regulation of this shit? It's clear that their vests are no match for the high velocity rounds coming out of these WMDs. They have no answers other than to sit outside and call the military/border patrol in?? Will blue lives still matter more than freedumbs when cops are getting mowed down?
    They have been. In TX, the police signed a bunch of (performative allegedly) petitions against Abbot signing those laws liberalizing gun access.

You need to fix your speech recognition software or are you making some obscure reference to Polish parliament?
    I thought it was pretty well known that the Liberum Veto of the Sejm causing nothing to get done was problematic resulting in the fall of the commonwealth and partitioning

My only comment was that it’s performative. You’ve done nothing to counter that argument, and historical record is going against you.

But as is common, make it about the messenger when you don’t like what the mirror shows you.
    So 'performative' is not being trotted out as a pejorative in this case. Sure.
    Point being, it's good to talk about stuff and cynical to dismiss it as a passing fancy, something your history shows you doing over and over.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    I thought it was pretty well known that the Liberum Veto of the Sejm causing nothing to get done was problematic resulting in the fall of the commonwealth and partitioning
    Sure

They have been. In TX, the police signed a bunch of (performative allegedly) petitions against Abbot signing those laws liberalizing gun access.
    I fear that these 2 events are just the beginning. I really hope I am wrong.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

So 'performative' is not being trotted out as a pejorative in this case. Sure.
    Point being, it's good to talk about stuff and cynical to dismiss it as a passing fancy, something your history shows you doing over and over.
    It’s good to talk about it. It just hasn’t changed shit in 25 years.

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    the quiet majority of gun owners are not against them. .
    Time for them to be less silent then?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

It’s good to talk about it. It just hasn’t changed shit in 25 years.
    The people of Texas might disagree since the Republican conversation has had a bit of an effect on gun regulation as well as RvW, voting rights, the "steal", and so on.

Nice sidestep, though. Where do you take dance lessions?

At least the cynicism is obvious.

Canadian datapoint that may be of relevance:

1)All firearms and ammunition sales first require the buyer to have a license to buy/borrow/trade (which requires training in the class of firearm the license permits). All applications & renewals (every 5yrs or sooner) require a new background check, along with a signed statement by your significant other (and/or your recently separated partner/GF/BF) that you are of sound mind and temperament. If they are willing to make a statement in the negative, no license is issued until the RCMP are happy with their investigation into the matter.

2)All handguns, several classes of long gun, and some mags, are restricted class, requiring special license to acquire and possess, with very strict transport and use restrictions. The only acceptable uses on the application for most are for collection or target/competition shooting (no hunting with handguns here). No firearm is legal for use for personal protection against another human. Period. Possession of restricted class gives permission for inspection by LEO at any time, and storage requirements are strict. Moving to a new community requires notification to the police chief in the new community of residence of those restricted weapons.

3) All semi auto rifles/shotguns (those in the unrestricted class) must be limited to a clip/magazine of 3 cartridges or less. Any clip/mag of greater capacity is either restricted or prohibited. Pump shotguns for hunting are limited to 3 shells, but full mags are allowed for target or livestock defense.

4)Other than purchase of unrestricted ammo under the firearms license requirements, the explosives act limits possession and storage of quantities of ammo (including powder and primers) to what would be ‘reasonable’ to store for a year’s worth of shooting (total, all weapons combined). Not tracked formally, but can be used in conjunction if a firearms charge is made.

There are other laws, but those are the main ones that are supposed to discourage events such as the Polytechnique massacre in 1989. There is gun culture bleed-over from the US here, but I like to think we still are culturally different in our decision to first go to a firearm to make political or cultural statements. The licensing rules are not perfect, but seem to work in most cases, but cases for improvement do exist. Long gun unrestricted registry looks to be coming back into vogue as well, but will see if they do a better job than the previous version. All restricted weapons are already registered.

And again, no handguns here, concealed or otherwise, unless you are LEO or a criminal, outside of a licensed range (I could apply for work reasons for animal protection, but after 30yrs+ as a professional in the woods, it isn’t really needed IMO). Personal protection with a firearm against a fellow citizen is just not part of our culture (thankfully).

I really hope you guys down south find a way to reverse or change the course.

The people of Texas might disagree since the Republican conversation has had a bit of an effect on gun regulation as well as RvW, voting rights, the "steal", and so on.

Nice sidestep, though. Where do you take dance lessions?
    Me sidestep? What have these threads, newspaper and magazine articles, documentaries, social media posts, etc changed in the past few decades? Each one of these fucking shootings is "the last straw" and "a call for real change" and each time it fades because people stop caring. Thats why its performative.

The D politicians will push on it while it's in the news, but they stop caring once we stop caring. There are other votes to worry about. That's why its performative.

I'll bump this thread in 3 months and ask you for a status update. Hope you've changed my mind.

Me sidestep? What have these threads, newspaper and magazine articles, documentaries, social media posts, etc changed in the past few decades? Each one of these fucking shootings is "the last straw" and "a call for real change" and each time it fades because people stop caring. Thats why its performative.

The D politicians will push on it while it's in the news, but they stop caring once we stop caring. There are other votes to worry about. That's why its performative.

I'll bump this thread in 3 months and ask you for a status update. Hope you've changed my mind.
    If only Democrats had pushed harder against the GOP/NRA?

Seriously, that's your troll answer?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

LIke 'stop the steal'?

I guess you could make the same claim about the civil rights movement, the antiwar movements, the women's rights movements and so on and claim that they were merely performant.

Until they weren't.

Ok, set your timer.

I think I might make a few dents in there, you seem like a fairly bright, but bitter and cynical guy.

Performant is clearly used in a pejorative context here, which I don't think is healthy or relevant. Don't like it? Don't participate.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post

More like “If only Ds could maintain their passion projects for longer than a news cycle”

More like “If only Ds could maintain their passion projects for longer than a news cycle”
    I will give you that JC, the Dummycrats suck at making a plan/platform and pushing it through eventually like the GQP

LIke 'stop the steal'?

I guess you could make the same claim about the civil rights movement, the antiwar movements, the women's rights movements and so on and claim that they were merely performant.

Until they weren't.
    Civil rights was an every day problem. Interest was maintained.

The Rs hammered Stop the Steal every day, relentlessly. Interest was maintained while they needed it.

The anti war movement hasn’t put much of a dent in war.

Ok, set your timer.

I think I might make a few dents in there, you seem like a fairly bright, but bitter and cynical guy.
    Cynical sure. But with how well the optimism experiment has been working, maybe some harsh reality is needed.

I do have more faith in you than in most of the others in here that you would follow through, for whatever that’s worth.

Civil rights was an every day problem. Interest was maintained.

The Rs hammered Stop the Steal every day, relentlessly. Interest was maintained while they needed it.
    With the frequency of these mass shootings, maybe the same thing will happen? I just don't really get the dismissal.

The anti war movement hasn’t put much of a dent in war.
    It did in 1970.
    Cynical sure. But with how well the optimism experiment has been working, maybe some harsh reality is needed.
    Like 19 10 year olds slaughtered is not "reality" enough?
    I do have more faith in you than in most of the others in here that you would follow through, for whatever that’s worth.
    Hallelujah!

No look, I get it, like how annoying the super groovers are and all the flimsy righteous digital indignation and posturing. I guess I'm willing to put up with that shit because it's part of the baggage that comes along with having conversations and developing some sort of cultural awareness. There's social vampires everywhere.

Now I've got some awesome moonbeams blessed by the Dali llama for sale r33l ch33p on my website I could interest you in.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    You're a fucking clown dude.

Seriously. I bet you told on folks back in high school too.

It's really hard to be as much of a douche bag as you. Dunfee is close.

"Oh... Im cool bro. I just go both ways because Im a fucking little bitch"
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    It's in response to the dumbass cannabis comments.

It takes a gutless motherfucker to accuse someone of breaking the law while simultaneously being "cool" with it.

"Im cool with legalization, but not if it means Bobby Stainless!"
    Guess I touched a bit of a nerve. You’re the one that stated none of us know what we are talking about when it comes to gun laws and you’re the expert that needs to be listened to. Turns out you’re just a run of the mill privileged white dude selectively deciding what laws you want to follow with no consequences. When someone calls you on your bullshit you have a melt down.

Now I've got some awesome moonbeams blessed by the Dali llama for sale r33l ch33p on my website I could interest you in.
    Ok, I’m back on team optimism

Ok, I’m back on team optimism
    attaboy. have another slosh of some good brown liquor.

And also think of how today’s youth who had to navigate school shootings for years are going to probably destroy the concept of gun rights when our old-ass, sit-and-do-nothing dumb-asses die off. Middle aged white men are a plague in our society, ha.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post

It's worth noting that the most vulnerable Democrats tend to be the ones whose constituencies include rural areas where gun control can be a third rail issue. I've lived in swing states where the Democrats for statewide office tend to make a point of including photos and videos of them with guns in their hands in many of their campaign materials.

Sent from my SM-G892A using TGR Forums mobile app