• Prison Time for gun owners who lose or have their gun stolen

30 19.23%
  • Background checks and a waiting period for 100% of transactions

119 76.28%
  • No semiautomatic anythings...

60 38.46%
  • Tax gun sales with additional fee to go to mental health

70 44.87%
  • Register ALL firearms and require insurance (car analogy)

101 64.74%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 33 of 295 FirstFirst ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    It's pretty apparent most of you don't know the first thing about gun laws or gun ownership.
    Oh fuck off. Plenty of us gun owners who know the laws and want them changed. I know that you’ve lied on the federal forms you claim to have filled out for your legal guns. Either that or the photos of your past grow ops and posts about weed smoking were all lies. It’s one or the other. Smoking the herb makes you a prohibited person and not allowed to own a gun.

How about we start there? Random drug tests and if you fail you can’t purchase and all your guns are confiscated. No need to change the laws and we’d get a lot of guns off the streets. If we can test welfare recipients we can test those buying guns.

All those pot heads shooting up the place after dumping their dirty pot needles in the park... c'mon dude.

Legalize it. Federally.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

WASHINGTON — Senate Republicans on Thursday blocked action on a bill aimed at strengthening the federal government’s efforts to combat domestic terrorism, rejecting a measure put forward by Democrats in the wake of a racist massacre in which a gunman motivated by white supremacist ideology killed 10 Black people in a Buffalo supermarket.

Democratic leaders had framed the procedural vote as the best vehicle for quick action on gun violence prevention measures in the wake of the elementary school shooting this week in Uvalde, Texas, where an 18-year-old gunman killed 19 children and two teachers.

The bill that fell short on Thursday, known as the Domestic Terrorism Prevention Act, would establish three new offices — one each in the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the Justice Department and the Department of Homeland Security — to monitor, investigate and prosecute domestic terrorism. It would require biannual reports assessing the domestic terrorism threat posed by white supremacists, with a particular focus on combating “white supremacist and neo-Nazi infiltration of the uniformed services.”
    If we can't even pass this,

Then we're fucked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    Not really tracking what the point of this discussion that you and Conundrum are having. Is the idea that we do more with the 5% or 10% of weapons classified as assault style weapons with the hopes that this reduces some of the mass shooting events? Additionally, is the point you two are making that this represents a smaller number of weapons to deal with so it may be feasible?
    Banning semi automatics or "assault weapons" is a bridge to far. Or at least that's been the case for the last 18 years.

There is a chance that you could reclassify them. Or not. Im stupid.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

This thread has served its purpose. I'm confident absolutely nothing will be done, and we can just start the stopwatch to see how long it takes for the next one to happen....

/Thread.

How do I lock a thread I started? Or can we not do that anymore?
    sigless.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    But the fact you think this has to do with trump and his “all powerful” hand over people…he didn’t and does not have this power. But people talk as if he does.

Presidents are just figure heads.
    trump simply had a big fuggin mouth, that’s all. The power he supposedly has is from people fluffing him up. If people would just stop the idolization he’d be a past headline.
    You misunderstand me. This isn't about Trump being all-powerful, it's about people being hopelessly tribal. People can accept an idea if it originates from their side that they would dismiss with prejudice if it originated from the other side.

Quote Originally Posted by Flounder View Post
    Oh fuck off. Plenty of us gun owners who know the laws and want them changed. I know that you’ve lied on the federal forms you claim to have filled out for your legal guns. Either that or the photos of your past grow ops and posts about weed smoking were all lies. It’s one or the other. Smoking the herb makes you a prohibited person and not allowed to own a gun.

How about we start there? Random drug tests and if you fail you can’t purchase and all your guns are confiscated. No need to change the laws and we’d get a lot of guns off the streets. If we can test welfare recipients we can test those buying guns.
    I grew in legal states and didn't own any firearms at the time. There are posts here to back that up. That was also 6-7 years ago.

I enjoy cannabis and I am a lawful user. The form says "unlawful user". Davidson County allows up to a half ounce on your person. Prosecution is up to the officer.

You and Dunfee are the only ones that seem to care. Which is odd. No one seems to mind people can be raging alcoholics and buy firearms.

We need to make sure these potheads don't kill everyone. In your quest to try and shame me, don't come off looking like a dumbass.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    All those pot heads shooting up the place after dumping their dirty pot needles in the park... c'mon dude.

Legalize it. Federally.
    Oh I agree. I’m just pointing out the hypocrisy of our self proclaimed gun law expert. He pontificates about all the paperwork he fraudulently filled out and uses it as an excuse to as to why we don’t need to do anything more with regards to gun laws.

Media now saying as cops were holding back parents other cops were going in and getting their own kids out.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    You misunderstand me. This isn't about Trump being all-powerful, it's about people being hopelessly tribal. People can accept an idea if it originates from their side that they would dismiss with prejudice if it originated from the other side.
    Right. That's the point people are making with how no one on the right batted an eye at the bump stock legislation but would've lost their minds if Biden or Obama did it.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Oh I agree. I’m just pointing out the hypocrisy of our self proclaimed gun law expert. He pontificates about all the paperwork he fraudulently filled out and uses it as an excuse to as to why we don’t need to do anything more with regards to gun laws.
    You're a fucking clown dude.

Seriously. I bet you told on folks back in high school too.

It's really hard to be as much of a douche bag as you. Dunfee is close.

"Oh... Im cool bro. I just go both ways because Im a fucking little bitch"

the paperwork that specifically says “the use or possession of marijuana remains unlawful under federal law regardless of whether it has been legalized or decriminalized for medicinal purposes in the state where you reside”. The fed hardon for pot is dumb, but it’s still there.

I mean, also Bobby doesn't really have much skin in the game here, as I imagine his kids are in private schools.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    the paperwork that specifically says “the use or possession of marijuana remains unlawful under federal law regardless of whether it has been legalized or decriminalized for medicinal purposes in the state where you reside”. The fed hardon for pot is dumb, but it’s still there.
    Well the ATF has access to my house whenever they want.

True colors are showing for some of you. What a bunch of narcs.

Paperwork says unlawful user. I've filled it out multiple times.

I guess Im the on on trial for smoking weed. Strong work guys. You should see a decline in school shootings in no time.

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    I mean, also Bobby doesn't really have much skin in the game here, as I imagine his kids are in private schools.
    Yep. I take education seriously. Apparently some parents here did not.

3% of firearms are "assault weapons". Get off your soapbox.

You aren't even focused on the correct firearm to change gun deaths in any meaningful way. Your lack of knowledge on the subject is dreadful.

It's pretty apparent most of you don't know the first thing about gun laws or gun ownership.
    I’m talking all firearms here and since I started posting in this thread. The majority of the public want restrictions on all firearm sales. I want a federal, state, and local registry with insurance requirements for ALL firearms.

Yep. I take education seriously. Apparently some parents here did not.
    We're not all born rich Bobby, that's a pretty shitty attitude, especially given the quality of some districts.

Bobby, still waiting on a response. I like you but be careful in these debates telling people that they don’t know things and then post inaccuracies.

You’ve got to be all in on this type of stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    We're not all born rich Bobby, that's a pretty shitty attitude, especially given the quality of some districts.
    It's in response to the dumbass cannabis comments.

It takes a gutless motherfucker to accuse someone of breaking the law while simultaneously being "cool" with it.

"Im cool with legalization, but not if it means Bobby Stainless!"

Quote Originally Posted by skiJ View Post
    wow.
    not hard to believe...

more awesomeness.

' is it worth trying!? '

for the kids -
    The kids deserve better. tj
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	95B5A684-5F6F-41A1-89A1-EB36FEC031A1.jpeg 
Views:	49 
Size:	316.4 KB 
ID:	417450

https://twitter.com/edlavacnn/status...GDvMAFVdkBccRw

We should send all our guns to Ukraine.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

If this thread is any indication:
    0) There's an overwhelming number of posteurs who favor background checks at a minimum as well as restrictions on automatic or semiautomatic weapons.
    1) There's a few posteurs whose position is to obfuscate, distract, misrepresent and prance.

Again, hopefully some significant number of you have made contributions to gun control PACs and written your representatives.

Anyone who hasn't, please use some of your energy to carry that out.

Vote.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

It's in response to the dumbass cannabis comments.

It takes a gutless motherfucker to accuse someone of breaking the law while simultaneously being "cool" with it.

"Im cool with legalization, but not if it means Bobby Stainless!"
    LMAO. Delusional.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    Bobby, still waiting on a response. I like you but be careful in these debates telling people that they don’t know things and then post inaccuracies.

You’ve got to be all in on this type of stuff.
    Don't hold your breath.
    Let's have a beer this summer, we'll be rolling through.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<