• Prison Time for gun owners who lose or have their gun stolen

30 19.23%
  • Background checks and a waiting period for 100% of transactions

119 76.28%
  • No semiautomatic anythings...

60 38.46%
  • Tax gun sales with additional fee to go to mental health

70 44.87%
  • Register ALL firearms and require insurance (car analogy)

101 64.74%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 175 of 295 FirstFirst ... 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 ... LastLast
Results 4,351 to 4,375 of 7373
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    The reason it does nothing for Mexico is because the cartel guns come from the US where guns are regulated like toys.
    So, actually, it is a great example.

No personal attacks needed or intended.
    But haven't you heard? Cartels get guns from Afghanistan. Bobby said so.

Quote Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
    We had been leaving shit over in Afghanistan over 4 administrations, that’s all on the DoD, imbecile. Keep trying, it’s cute.

And yea, the Mexican government is the same as the US government. Great equivocation, BRO.

This is where we’re throwing ideas around to stop domestic terrorism. What are you doing here?
    Your "ideas" have zero chance of happening. Waste of bandwidth. Nationalize the gun industry? Really? What planet are you on?

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    This is exactly the problem: immediately available lethality — there isn’t a check for it

BTW, We’ve already had multiple school shootings where security didn’t actually work

So, what’s your next idea?
    We've tried nothing, and we're all out of ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    But haven't you heard? Cartels get guns from Afghanistan. Bobby said so.

Ah yes. All those belt fed machine guns that come from the US... JFC yall are hopeless.

What are you doing here?

Ban assault weapons.
    It's been done before: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federa...lt_Weapons_Ban

No sunset this time.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

No personal attacks needed or intended.
    Fuck him, he should be attacked in here

Ban assault weapons.

No sunset this time.

How many assault weapons were used in the latest tragedy?

Disagree. It's that kind of emotion and lack of reason that divides us. Fuck, we're Americans.
    Don't stoop to that level, it doesn't work.

Cue the "punch him in the face" online threats from McPhee. What a clown.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

^we only have so much patience. And we’ve been more than reasonable to allow for their preferences of unfettered access, for all, to all guns for….reasons. Off with their heads at this point.

If only there was something we could do...

The problem: immediately available lethality (both in the immediacy of death and in the immediacy of access)

The solution: curb the “immediately available” part of that lethality. Allow the lethality with conditions for what society may deem reasonable use.

It is solvable…except that Americans are involved.

Off with their heads at this point.
    Lmao.

^I only have so much patience. And I think I've been more than reasonable to allow for their preferences of unfettered access, for all, to all guns for….reasons. Off with their heads at this point.
    fify.

Point is, it's not reasonable to allow the current level of access to lethal toys. They're the number 1 cause of death for kids. The national firearms position is nuts, a shining example of how money drives cultural manipulations and unreasonable policies.

Anyway, per usual, I'll spend some time firing off emails to representatives rather than wallowing in emo mires.

If only there was something we could do...

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    Cue the "punch him in the face" online threats from McPhee. What a clown.
    Once again, I never threatened anyone. I was trying to point out that problems that fist fights used to resolve are now escalated to gun violence because there are too many goddamn guns in circulation legal or otherwise.

I stupidly fell for some bait from a car salesman. That’s on me.

ETA: fuck you

Has anyone tried telling the dead kids' parents to stop being so emotional?

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    How many assault weapons were used in the latest tragedy?
    Two, apparently, plus a 9 mm handgun.

I would like to point out that in a few days this thread will slip off of page 1 until the next mass shooting.

The scenes of chaos and terror are all too familiar in America.

The AR-15 fires bullets at such a high velocity — often in a barrage of 30 or even 100 in rapid succession — that it can eviscerate multiple people in seconds. A single bullet lands with a shock wave intense enough to blow apart a skull and demolish vital organs. The impact is even more acute on the compact body of a small child.

“It literally can pulverize bones, it can shatter your liver and it can provide this blast effect,” said Joseph Sakran, a gunshot survivor who advocates for gun violence prevention and a trauma surgeon at Johns Hopkins Hospital.

During surgery on people shot with high-velocity rounds, he said, body tissue “literally just crumbled into your hands.”

The carnage is rarely visible to the public. Crime scene photos are considered too gruesome to publish and often kept confidential. News accounts rely on antiseptic descriptions from law enforcement officials and medical examiners who, in some cases, have said remains were so unrecognizable that they could be identified only through DNA samples.

As Sakran put it: “We often sanitize what is happening.”

The Washington Post sought to illustrate the force of the AR-15 and reveal its catastrophic effects.

The first part of this report is a 3D animation that shows the trajectory of two different hypothetical gunshots to the chest — one from an AR-15 and another from a typical handgun — to explain the greater severity of the damage caused by the AR-15.

The second part depicts the entrance and exit wounds of two actual victims — Noah Pozner, 6, and Peter Wang, 15 — killed in school shootings when they were struck by multiple bullets.

This account is based on a review of nearly 100 autopsy reports from several AR-15 shootings as well as court testimony and interviews with trauma surgeons, ballistics experts and a medical examiner.

The records and interviews show in stark detail the unique mechanics that propel these bullets — and why they unleash such devastation in the body.
    Just cause you want one is no reason to be able to have one.

Point is, it's not reasonable to allow the current level of access to lethal toys. They're the number 1 cause of death for kids. The national firearms position is nuts, a shining example of how money drives cultural manipulations and unreasonable policies.
    well put
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Folks in Colorados 5th congressional district should be working to unseat Doug Lamborn.

BS. As one salesman to another, your sales technique here reminds me of an evening 50 years ago that I spent being entertained by an encyclopedia salesman.

So I'll show you out.
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    An armed guard would've stopped this as she got hung up in the door entering. Stop making this more complicated than it needs to be.
    Then why didn't that work at Parkland?
    Why didn't the heavily armed police rush in to save people at Uvalde?

Your solutions are proven not to work at scale, and are enormously expensive compared to other potential remedies.
    One corner case anecdote is not a viable national program basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    I would like to point out that in a few days this thread will slip off of page 1 until the next mass shooting

Yep.

And this thread will pop back up with the same grand ideas and not so grand ideas, with the same people calling the same people childish names and just further polarizing everyone into catalyzing their opinions into stone.

Same as the media, same as the politicians, same as every fucking American, the only difference is more dead kids.

Disgusting.

FUBAR
    All conditions, all terrain.
    Expect nothing, don’t be disappointed.
    Too Old To Die Young (TOTDY)

So we're going to mandate that faith based places of education have armed guards?

When we can't even mandate that the same institutions provide birth control in their health care policies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Ban assault weapons.

No sunset this time.
    While I see zero legit use for AR style weapons, there’s no way that 10 GOP senators and what, 6 Representatives, are gonna vote for this.

And while it would put a big dent in “mass shootings”, it doesn’t do anything for 1-3 people killed at a pop by 9mm handguns.

Only solutions I find remotely compelling are to
    (1) include ALL semi-auto firearms under the National Firearms Act of 1934. Was passed to restrict firearms favored by Mafia (cartels) like machine guns & sawed-off shotguns. It requires significant background checks, registration and tracking of transfers, and hefty fees. Doesn’t prohibit, just requires licensing - like a motor vehicle. (Note - this idea came from Bobby Stainless)

(2) Strengthen Red Flag laws.

I have little faith any of this will ever happen in my lifetime. Both sides are too deep into their rhetoric.

I sent a letter to my senators with the above proposals and got back Dem talking points on AWB - not even an acknowledgment of my ideas.