• Prison Time for gun owners who lose or have their gun stolen

30 19.23%
  • Background checks and a waiting period for 100% of transactions

119 76.28%
  • No semiautomatic anythings...

60 38.46%
  • Tax gun sales with additional fee to go to mental health

70 44.87%
  • Register ALL firearms and require insurance (car analogy)

101 64.74%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 177 of 295 FirstFirst ... 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 ... LastLast
Results 4,401 to 4,425 of 7374
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    Because the trans chick is better with a gun than a professional? That's a stretch...
    You might be shocked at how little firearm training full time cops do on a regular basis. Might make you less surprised about how little firearm training a security guard would undertake. Or would you prefer a full on gravyseal for security at an elementary school?... Yeah that would go well.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlMega View Post
    Other hot take:

"The police did a great job after just a few kids and people were killed"

Interesting flex.
    I dont get why you are taking this opportunity to shit on people for recognizing that the cops did well in preventing further loss of life, and drawing the comparison/contrast to Parkland and Uvalde. It takes nothing away from the tragedy that did occur.

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    I dont get why you are taking this opportunity to shit on people for recognizing that the cops did well in preventing further loss of life, and drawing the comparison/contrast to Parkland and Uvalde. It takes nothing away from the tragedy that did occur.
    i read the quote not as a knock on the police here but about how stupid our policies are. a bunch of people dead is not a victory for anyone. i just watched the footage and the cops acted very bravely and it still broke my heart that it's anyone's job to deal with some loser like this shooting up a school. why can't we just prevent more of these losers from getting access to a bunch of guns legally when every other place does it?
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by ex-powderbroker View Post
    i read the quote not as a knock on the police here but about how stupid our policies are. a bunch of people dead is not a victory for anyone. i just watched the footage and the cops acted very bravely and it still broke my heart that it's anyone's job to deal with some loser like this shooting up a school. why can't we just prevent more of these losers from getting access to a bunch of guns legally when every other place does it?
    IMO the bar for owning firearms should be very high, and should need to be passed on a yearly basis. Psych evals, skills/safety testing, continuing education, and proof of a legitimate activity/need for the fire arm (hunting, self defense, etc) corresponding directly to the type of firearm being owned and total fire arms owned.

Guns are a hobby. If they arent a hobby (hunting for sustenance, or legit self defense) then a 1hour appointment on an annual basis to prove your need is a small price to pay.

By the time the police are involved, it's too late, even in the presence of armed private security.

New federal data released on Thursday offers insight into the many, growing ways that schools have amped up security over the past five years, as the country has recorded three of the deadliest school shootings on record, and as other, more routine gun incidents on school grounds have also become more frequent....

Even as schools spend billions of dollars on security, the number of gun incidents at schools has only grown. The latest tragedy unfolded last week in Virginia, where the police said a first grader, just 6 years old, brought a gun from home and used it to seriously injure his teacher.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/01/12/u...-security.html

https://k12ssdb.org/all-shootings
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Because the trans chick is better with a gun than a professional? That's a stretch...
    I think it's fair to assume someone who has planned and is currently executing an armed attack on a school is going to have a jump on the professional. It will come down to how quickly (and the willingness) for that pro to react.

Guns are a hobby. If they arent a hobby (hunting for sustenance, or legit self defense) then a 1hour appointment on an annual basis to prove your need is a small price to pay.
    Most hunting is a hobby, even if they eat all the meat

the thing about policing in the us is there isn’t much downside risk (it’s not one of the most dangerous occupations). Fuck up and you are unlikely to be held accountable “because it’s a life or death job where seconds matter”. Do they job everyone thinks you are supposed to be doing and you get lauded a hero.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    Do they job everyone thinks you are supposed to be doing and you get lauded a hero.
    Clown.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    We're also shitty drivers.

The only way is to have a gun turn in. All these little bullshit laws about braces l, mag limits and barrel lengths are a joke.

And the only way even a gun turn works is if you are willing to put violators away, and keep them In prison.

We just had a guy on home arrest, who violated his ankle bracelet every fucking day, run down a 17 yr old girl. Now we’re trying to get rid of the DA and we’ve got paid protestors crying racism. Felons are being released at their arraignments because the DA isn’t showing up.

When it’s official, I’m sure someone in here will start a thread about the Governor booting her.

More tragedy. Just awful. Looks like the guns aren't going anywhere though, so have you guys tried making guns not-cool to those right-wing crazies yet? Like, just run ads making fun of them and likening them to holding a dildo or whatever. Get some trans people to be very vocal pro-gun spokespeople. Make carrying a gun a secret sign that someone is gay and looking for some gay loving. Be creative, it'll work! Gun sales will decline rapidly and the problem will slowly solve itself.

I do ok.
    So you make a lot of pitches but how many sales have you made in this thread with the encyclopedia salesman approach? ZERO. Loser.
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

Clown.
    Simp harder, LAR

cops have no duty to protect and immunity when they fuck up.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    What a fucking idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    More tragedy. Just awful. Looks like the guns aren't going anywhere though, so have you guys tried making guns not-cool to those right-wing crazies yet? Like, just run ads making fun of them and likening them to holding a dildo or whatever. Get some trans people to be very vocal pro-gun spokespeople. Make carrying a gun a secret sign that someone is gay and looking for some gay loving. Be creative, it'll work! Gun sales will decline rapidly and the problem will slowly solve itself.
    Homosexuals don't have firearms? Furthermore... is being homosexual bad?
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Gaddammit, do we have to look to Canadians for a viable mechanism?

For someone who just shaded a trans person, this is just another hollow knee jerk woke salvo.

It's all about identity politics. LIke "What's the Matter With Kansas".

No not at all. But you see, most of these gun nuts think otherwise. That's the trick!

You can call your guns, Death Dildos.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    What a fucking idiot.
    And I’m reading posts from several others here that I put in the same category. Pathetic.

Can’t shame the shameless.
    Fuck Bobby stainless.

Now somehow get this idea translated into Facebook boomer memes and we’re on our way to a solution.

Yeah, that's not my take at all. I'm calling out out Bobby's deflection of "the cops did a good job here unlike Uvalde" as some sort of substitute for sensible preventive measures. Sorry / Not sorry - irreversible damage is already done. You can't unring that bell no matter how good the police are after the shooting starts.

I'm of the belief that a motivated shooter with the element of surprise and an arsenal is a powerful combination that proves to be very successful even against the well trained. So much so, that I'll take those odds any day of the week.

But, hey, that trans callout tells us a lot about you.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlMega View Post
    But, hey, that trans callout tells us a lot about you.
    Seriously, what the fuck does the shooter being trans have to do with anything? Pretty soon they'll tell us they went to a drag show!