• Prison Time for gun owners who lose or have their gun stolen

30 19.23%
  • Background checks and a waiting period for 100% of transactions

119 76.28%
  • No semiautomatic anythings...

60 38.46%
  • Tax gun sales with additional fee to go to mental health

70 44.87%
  • Register ALL firearms and require insurance (car analogy)

101 64.74%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 90 of 295 FirstFirst ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... LastLast
Results 2,226 to 2,250 of 7374
    Gun deaths per capita

Missouri (21.5 per 100k people)
    California (7.5 per 100k people)
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    Yes, the same people that guard Gavin le douche Newsom, traded in their guns and they were sold wholesale around the country.
    I didn't hear that dork in the youtube didn't say they were traded in guns. You got some evidence? I'm calling BS. Likely overstock / mfgr / dealer config sold to the gun dealer dork.

It’s hilarious to hear my Cali friends go off on how smart their state is when they in fact clueless.
    Isn't your entire life basically in shambles? Smart thinking get you there?

The cops are flooding the mkt with their own guns! Google law enforcement trade in. You can buy an ex Leo AR! And even better, foreign countries dump their surplus police and military guns here! That’s retarded.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Wild guess. but I'd lay odds that 80% of those fire sale items are being snapped up by the cops themselves. It would be bad optics for them to just get to take them home so they have these clearance events and share that info with other departments so it's mostly them (and a few of their friends who got a heads up of the event) taking that hardware home after all is said and done..

All ties back to the problem of white supremacists killin in the name of..

Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by CarlMega View Post
    Isn't your entire life basically in shambles? Smart thinking get you there?
    It’s everyone else’s fault

If I’m going to start writing new environmental laws, emissions for cars etc, I might want to learn a thing or two about catalytic converters or at least ask.

California high patrol selling their handguns on the internet. Get yourself one. https://youtu.be/sIi5ioZtRRY

It’s hilarious to hear my Cali friends go off on how smart their state is when they in fact clueless.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Is the general public/TGR mags allowed to write gun laws and environmental laws?

The incredibly stupid “gun laws that might help won’t pass because the general public doesn’t know a magazine from a clip or a pistol from a rifle” is a ridiculous argument meant only to push back long enough until the story falls off the front page and we can all go back to doing nothing.

Maybe Broebert or MTG can weigh in with their intelligence. They don’t want the gazpacho police to come seize their guns. Nor do they want their food grown in a peach tree dish.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    The incredibly stupid “gun laws that might help won’t pass because the general public doesn’t know a magazine from a clip or a pistol from a rifle” is a ridiculous argument meant only to push back long enough until the story falls off the front page and we can all go back to doing nothing.
    It's the weakest of bullshit arguments. Tantamount to: unless you use the exact semantic phrasing and can speak to the unimportant minutia that enthusiasts geek out on, you are unworthy of an opinion. Hence forth sayeth I, the gatekeeper of valid debate.

The public is entitled to positions that are simple: "I don't want to risk being shot and I want to keep firearms from people who present that risk". Or a belief in general safety measures like universal background checks. Or, on the flipside, no checks, bans or otherwise.

Now, what policy and execution plan is likely to and meaningfully yield a result - that's part of informed and detailed policy debate using evidence and experts.

What our trolls are doing is cluttering up the debate with nonsense gatekeeping to avoid dialog, avoid evidence. Set a standard for expertise that can never be met.

Quote Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
    It’s everyone else’s fault
    Naw... come on, man. Just the libs and the brown people.

What our trolls are doing is cluttering up the debate with nonsense gatekeeping to avoid dialog, avoid evidence. Set a standard for expertise that can never be met.
    It's the trolls everywhere. My vet buddy was first on the scene with his LIBS CAN'T EVEN TELL WHICH OF THESE TWO GUNS IS AN ASSAULT RIFLE b.s.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Meanwhile there are two imperfect parties vying for imperfect laws that support their base’s wishes re:guns.

And dipshits like Comrade Este keep voting for the one flush with NRA cash that consistently pushes back against any gun control measures - whether perfect or imperfect.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    I don't think you realize how insane your current gun polices seem to every country in the world (that doesn't blast AK rounds in the sky to celebrate arranged marriages).

Nobody would/could stop you from teaching your kids about shooting, gun safety, and how to hunt. The USA needs a major correction on gun culture, not a baby step towards sanity every time someone shoots up a school.
    This is why it's so grating when 'responsible gun owners' come out of the woodwork and start telling people to tread carefully and stay in their lane and don't push too much. Tone deaf.

Quote Originally Posted by ex-powderbroker View Post
    It's the trolls everywhere. My vet buddy was first on the scene with his LIBS CAN'T EVEN TELL WHICH OF THESE TWO GUNS IS AN ASSAULT RIFLE b.s.
    Totally. Old trick, widespread use.

What is important is that the conversation doesn't stop. Get bogged down on a detail that is irrelevant. But maybe there is an important detail to be called out - the quality of that retort in the context of the discussion could be useful. "Oh, let me be more precise". But what they are doing is meant to disqualify you. Stop the debate full stop.

Bobby did it earlier. He showed two guns: same form factor. some nuance on categorization that put one into a waitlist which the other lacked. And that if you were ignorant of that enthusiast detail, you're an idiot subsequently discounted.

All I could think was: so fucking what. I don't want to be shot by either one. And if they are materially the same, well, now we need to do some better categorization to close that loophole or ban/treat them both of them by an even more generic categorization. Thanks for pointing it out.

There's a whole bunch of people who are glad this guy didn't have an AR-15. https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/10/europ...ntl/index.html

I like the 2a,
    I challenge you to define what the 2A means.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

I, for one, will be staying safe from mass shootings by simply hoping I’m not there when the next one happens. Quit your bellyaching and do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
    I, for one, will be staying safe from mass shootings by simply hoping I’m not there when the next one happens. Quit your bellyaching and do the same.
    The rythum method. It's not just for birth control anymore.

Bobby did it earlier. He showed two guns: same form factor. some nuance on categorization that put one into a waitlist which the other lacked. And that if you were ignorant of that enthusiast detail, you're an idiot subsequently discounted.
    That's not accurate. I showed a AR with a arm brace and one with a stock. It illustrated the stupidity of the short barrel rifle law and these are the same people trusted to make more laws.

People calling for the banning of fully automatic weapons are who I called ignorant.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Flounder View Post
    That’s the valuable info that they need to know so they don’t think you’re some spoiled rich kid trying desperately to fit in.
    Im providing free firearms training to beginner level shooters. I am making them safer gun owners by hiring the best the US military has to offer. Meanwhile, I am supporting a veteran owned small business and helping them network with high net worth individuals. You have to be pretty fucking stupid to disagree with that.

"I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Naw... come on, man. Just the libs and the brown people.
    "Brown people" include Indians?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    That's not accurate. I showed a AR with a arm brace and one with a stock. It illustrated the stupidity of the short barrel rifle law and these are the same people trusted to make more laws.

People calling for the banning of fully automatic weapons are who I called ignorant.
    That may or may not be accurate for that particular post - but don’t turn all cowardly here and pretend you didn’t state that TGR mags/the general public needs to know the minutiae before asking for laws to help lessen the risk of grade 4 kids getting mass murdered at school. You know just in case they ask for something wrong and all of a sudden grease guns get included in the law.

Edit: first sentence should read “That was not accurate for that particular post -“
    Last edited by bennymac; 06-10-2022 at 06:57 PM.

Fucking workplace shooting. Lock down all places people gather? https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/09/us/ma...ine/index.html

I laughed so hard at this statement.
    The irony

So, I'm going to trifle with you on this one. I don't think it shows the stupidity of the law. Instead it shows that people work to skirt the law and flaunt that they are doing so, as evidenced by a lot of YouTube videos. I will agree that the SBR law has some serious issues. I also think such weapons should be highly regulated and registered.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    I laughed so hard at this statement.
    The irony
    They were banned in 1986. That's the point.

They were banned in 1986. That's the point.
    We've been through this.
    The irony here is the accusations of failed hair splitting.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    That may or may not be accurate for that particular post
    Its not accurate. That's why I said so.