• Prison Time for gun owners who lose or have their gun stolen

30 19.23%
  • Background checks and a waiting period for 100% of transactions

119 76.28%
  • No semiautomatic anythings...

60 38.46%
  • Tax gun sales with additional fee to go to mental health

70 44.87%
  • Register ALL firearms and require insurance (car analogy)

101 64.74%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 179 of 295 FirstFirst ... 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 ... LastLast
Results 4,451 to 4,475 of 7374
    Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    So security is only for private school kids, fuck them public ones?

Also seriously, you aren't even attempting to address all the other things, which shows how ridiculous the "defense" of current gun regs are. I get it, you want your fun pop toy, but as you yourself have pointed out, you're willing to jump through additional hoops/registration to do it, so doing that writ large isn't much of a stretch.
    Public schools around here have multiple cops or SROs. Private schools have to pay for it. I imagine Covenant didn't have one for the optics.

and they think because they purchased their guns legally, use them responsibly according to the law (technically not really in BS’s case), and probably (maybe) aren’t going to go on a rampage, there isn’t blood on their hands.

Monetary support of the gun industry pays for this unfettered access to too many firearms.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    Public schools around here have multiple cops or SROs. Private schools have to pay for it. I imagine Covenant didn't have one for the optics.
    Those SROs and cops aren’t free for public schools, you dripping pussy.

Quote Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
    Those SROs and cops aren’t free for public schools, you dripping pussy.
    I mean, I used to have some respect for Bobby, but he seems brain damaged or intentionally obtuse for his own benefit on this one.

^why would you ever have respect for that scumbag?

There are plenty of rich kids on this board, and plenty of self interested ones. Bobby was at least up front about it even if his choices wouldn't be mine.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Maybe we could start finding volunteer senior citizens to arm themselves and sit at every door in every school.

It could work...

Walmart would like a word

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    There are plenty of rich kids on this board, and plenty of self interested ones. Bobby was at least up front about it even if his choices wouldn't be mine.
    Where does this come from? No one is talking about Bobby's daddy's money.

Watch her entry video. An armed senior citizen could've shot her climbing though the door. The fact she shot through the doors, alerted many to the threat. Thank God she didn't figure out a way to enter otherwise.
    Take guns away from this scenario and nobody gets dead. See how that works?

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    Take guns away from this scenario and nobody gets dead. See how that works?
    Simple enough. Have at it.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Simple enough. Have at it.
    You’re making stupid and illogical arguments so I thought I’d join ya.

and they think because they purchased their guns legally, use them responsibly according to the law (technically not really in BS’s case), and probably (maybe) aren’t going to go on a rampage, there isn’t blood on their hands.

Monetary support of the gun industry pays for this unfettered access to too many firearms.
    Let's get some more drug laws on the books while we're at it. Those work well.

That post isn’t about more drug laws. It’s about being a responsible gun owner who agrees to follow the law regarding owning class 3 firearms. Can’t have your cake and eat it too, fuckstick.

Should I alert your local ATF field office?

That post isn’t about more drug laws. It’s about being a responsible gun owner who agrees to follow the law regarding owning class 3 firearms. Can’t have your cake and eat it too, fuckstick.

Should I alert your local ATF field office?
    You strike me as the boot licking type. Goes along with your "ill beat you up in real life" online persona...

If only there was something we could do...

You strike me as the boot licking type. Goes along with your "ill beat you up in real life" online persona...
    Nice edit, dork.

Far from a bootlicker. I’m not the one heralding police efforts in here and elsewhere, and calling for more cops in schools and everywhere else that a shooting might take place.

Eat shit motherfucker.

Nice edit, dork.

Far from a bootlicker. I’m not the one heralding police efforts in here and elsewhere.

Eat shit motherfucker.
    I thought we were taking guns away from people though.... Off with the heads?
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Yeah, take the guns away. Too fucking bad for the gun nuts. Kids lives are way more important than your little dick hobby.

And how about all the kids who survived and lived thru this tragedy? Ahh, they'll all be just fine I'm sure. No nightmares keeping them up at night.

Fuck you and your gunz!

Bobby, you willing to sacrifice your o wn kids for 2A? Yes or No?
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Cisco Kid View Post
    I wouldn't sacrifice my kid's for anything. That's a stupid question. I have them in schools with armed security. My son's school has a police force. Yall can wait for gun regulation to pass. I'll protect my family now.

Quote Originally Posted by Cisco Kid View Post
    Yes.

And I’m not Bobby.

Just a guy on a Buffalo.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Seriously, what the fuck does the shooter being trans have to do with anything? Pretty soon they'll tell us they went to a drag show!
    I believe it might have something to do with the story, just as every time there's another shooting, the very first thing the media does it try to relate it to some sort of identity. Sometimes they say it's rooted in white supremacy, sometimes it's incel 4chan white male loser, etc. Now that the shooter was trans, we can't talk about that?

Funny how so often when the shooter profile doesn't fit the narrative, the news media shifts so quickly away from the identity. Esp when the shooter happens to not be your standard white male. Although that IS the typical profile, I'll admit. Seems the most common element among school shooters is that they often come from broken homes. Is that the case with this one too? Haven't heard too many details just yet. Still catching up.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app

I thought we were taking guns away from people though.... Off with the heads?
    Goddamn you get dumber with each post. Not a complex thought in your tiny, smooth brain.

how is it the same 2A proponents are watching citizens in Ukraine take up arms against a tyrannical government and are…wait for it…cheering on the tyrannical government?

I wouldn't sacrifice my kid's for anything. That's a stupid question. I have them in schools with armed security. My son's school has a police force. Yall can wait for gun regulation to pass. I'll protect my family now.
    Despite ignoring the obvious, may your children never experience a mass shooting.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

One of the rock-solid truths about the US epidemic of mass shootings is that these catastrophic events, which tear families and communities apart, are committed overwhelmingly by cis males. According to the Violence Project (TVP), men are responsible for carrying out more than 97% of all public mass shootings.

TVP, a non-partisan research group, tracks mass public shootings in the US stretching back to 1966. Its database defines such shootings relatively stringently as incidents in which four or more people are killed with a firearm in a public place.

Following this definition, there have been 190 such disasters in the past 57 years, and of those 185 were carried out by shooters who were assigned male at birth. Only five, including Hale, were assigned female at birth. Two committed the killing sprees alongside their male partners.

“Men perpetrate over 90% of homicides worldwide,” said TVP’s Jillian Peterson. “Explanations for this focus on a host of biological, social, economic and cultural factors, including societal expectations and gender roles. When it comes to mass shootings, perpetrators often see themselves in previous perpetrators and identify with them, which can contribute to copycat shootings.”

The FBI has a slightly looser definition of what it calls “active shooter incidents” that focuses on individuals who engage in killing or attempting to kill people in a confined and populated area. Its database records a larger number of cases – 277 between 2000 and 2018 alone – but even here the proportion of perpetrators assigned female at birth is very low – 12, or just 4% of the total.

The number of shooters who are trans or gender nonconforming is even rarer, placing Hale in an almost unique class. The only other member of this category known in recent years is the 22-year-old shooter who killed five people in a gay nightclub in Colorado Springs last November who, according to defense lawyers, is non-binary.

Dr Jason Silva, an assistant professor at William Paterson University who has co-authored one of the only studies of the small number of mass shooters who were assigned female at birth, noted that there is still scant understanding of why the overwhelming majority of mass shooters are cis male.

“We can think about the nature versus nurture argument – are men predominantly biologically driven toward aggression because of testosterone, or are they more been nurtured into being more violent through our culture and society? We don’t have a definitive answer, but both seem plausible.”

The exceedingly rare nature of a shooter who is anything other than cis male is unlikely to stop far-right agitators from seizing on Hale’s trans identity to forward culture war objectives. Within hours of the shooting, Charlie Kirk, an extremist provocateur affiliated with Donald Trump, was calling for a ban on “gender affirming care for kids”.

Such toxic responses to the shooting are likely to find fertile ground among some sectors of Tennessee society. The state’s Republican leadership has been at the forefront of the movement to pass anti-trans legislation that has swept the US.

Earlier this month, Tennessee became the first state to ban drag shows. Its legislature is setting the pace for at least 16 other Republican-controlled states that are debating similarly draconian measures.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........