• Prison Time for gun owners who lose or have their gun stolen

30 19.23%
  • Background checks and a waiting period for 100% of transactions

119 76.28%
  • No semiautomatic anythings...

60 38.46%
  • Tax gun sales with additional fee to go to mental health

70 44.87%
  • Register ALL firearms and require insurance (car analogy)

101 64.74%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 72 of 295 FirstFirst ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... LastLast
Results 1,776 to 1,800 of 7373
    Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    more guns = more gun violence, we have this data now
    If someone's position is that guns are their right and schoolkids getting massacred is the price of freedom, I can accept that. I don't agree, but it's an intellectually honest position. People who try to argue that more guns will lead to less gun violence, however, can fuck right off.

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    Are you high. You want to overwhelm the gun nut right wingers with... research, studies, statistics and science?

how'd that work out with oh, say, covid, global warming, pedo pizza parlors, etc?
    Heh.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    If someone's position is that guns are their right and schoolkids getting massacred is the price of freedom, I can accept that. I don't agree, but it's an intellectually honest position. People who try to argue that more guns will lead to less gun violence, however, can fuck right off.

Heh.
    Fuck their feelings.
    Yep and yep.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

If someone's position is that guns are their right and schoolkids getting massacred is the price of freedom, I can accept that.
    I can't.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

but it's an intellectually honest position.
    No.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Are you high. You want to overwhelm the gun nut right wingers with... research, studies, statistics and science?

how'd that work out with oh, say, covid, global warming, pedo pizza parlors, etc?
    morons are gonna moron; meanwhile, normal folks move on and reset expectations for healthy society
    car safety, smoking indoors, same sex marriage
    stuff changes despite the loudmouth resistance when it's the right thing to do

we certainly have challenges (covid, roe v wade, energy choices), but progress needs to hold course to doing the right thing

morons are gonna moron; meanwhile, normal folks move on and reset expectations for healthy society
    car safety, smoking indoors, same sex marriage
    stuff changes despite the loudmouth resistance when it's the right thing to do

we certainly have challenges (covid, roe v wade, energy choices), but progress needs to hold course to doing the right thing
    Sir, it’s spelled ‘moran’.

i understand the thought behind this as an academic exercise
    but IRL that rationale is pretty detestable
    esp when this whole thing has been wrangled as a 3rd rail touchstone for what amounts to a culture war

What defensive use data there is is small compared to the number of deaths. And it's microscopic compared to the number of firearms in civilian hands...

What fucking kills me about these "patriots" whose espouse 2A bs is that these patriots are absolutely certain that their favorite country (the one they tell you to "love it or leave it") is going to fuck them over at some point in the future and this lethal idol is their savior...

This. Mention science and the immediate response is:

Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post
    Sir, it’s spelled ‘moran’.
    i stand corrected

I wonder what gun sales are like today and this coming weekend. I’m thinking another new record

And in other news the army announced that they are replacing the M4 / With a new platform from Sig. Bigger very high velocity round. 80,000 psi. Requires expensive custom ammunition
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    This. Mention science and the immediate response is:

This is exactly why the first step needs to be proper study

Currently, we can't show shit beyond big picture arm waving

Big tobacco resisted as long as they could, but were overwhelmed eventually. That is the kind of timeline/effort required here

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    I wonder what gun sales are like today and this coming weekend. I’m thinking another new record
    funnily enough, last weekend had a lot of shooting too
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/memoria...hootings-2022/
    otoh, i can only find one defensive shooting

Only thing this is going to do is drive up the prices of firearms, magazines and ammo. The Dems will be reminded of their demise following the passage of the initial AWB in 1994. There will be pounding of chests and pontification by all.

My thoughts.

If you have mental health issues, you go on the NCIS list and fail a background. There needs to be a procedure to restore your rights in place.

If you use a weapon in the commission of a crime, there is a mandatory minimum sentence imposed. Oh wait, we have that, but rarely utilized. Nor do we want to pay the freight on jails to house the offenders.

If you are a domestic abuser, you lose your firearm ownership rights and are charged with a serious firearms violation if caught with a firearm. Oh wait, we have that law, but rarely utilized or enforced.

States need to enact waiting periods. Oh wait, we have that.

What about a new AWB or hi cap mag ban? Well, many states have done that with little effect on the problem.

Wait, if you are addicted to drugs, lets make you a prohibited persons. What if we put a check box on the 4473 to ask if you are an addict, including MJ, which bans the sale to you. Oh wait, we've done that. Addicts simply ignore.

What if we say you can't buy a gun for a prohibited person. Oh wait, we've done that.

What if we make a law that says you can't shoot someone with a firearm? Have we done that yet?

What if we make a law that says you can't murder someone with a firearm.......
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

You've just made a case for no laws at all. Quite the paradox given the party of law and order.

funnily enough, last weekend had a lot of shooting too
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/memoria...hootings-2022/
    otoh, i can only find one defensive shooting
    It’s spring time. It’s getting warm and the days are longer

But we have to acknowledge that there is an increasing amount of crazy happening in all parts of the country

In my area there is not that much shooting going on. And half of it is self defense shootings

I am still a bit concerned that too many people with no training are buying AR platforms and sticking them in the closet. Maybe out in the woods plinking on the weekends
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

[not going to get sidetracked by commenting on all]
    Quote Originally Posted by TNKen View Post
    States need to enact waiting periods. Oh wait, we have that.
    we do not - only 9 states do
    [checks notes] I see TN isn't one of them
    how about we nationalize those laws as a first step?

Quote Originally Posted by TNKen View Post
    The Dems will be reminded of their demise following the passage of the initial AWB in 1994.
    Revisionist history much?

i understand the thought behind this as an academic exercise
    but IRL that rationale is pretty detestable
    Oh don't get me wrong, it's a disgusting abhorrent position.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    You've just made a case for no laws at all.
    Or, at the very least, to completely legalize all drugs.

Let's give everyone who isn't ALREADY a felon virtually instant access to be ability to EASILY carry out total mayhem for roughly $1,000. What could possibly go wrong???
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

If only there was something we could do...

It’s spring time. It’s getting warm and the days are longer

But we have to acknowledge that there is an increasing amount of crazy happening in all parts of the country

In my area there is not that much shooting going on. And half of it is self defense shootings

I am still a bit concerned that too many people with no training are buying AR platforms and sticking them in the closet. Maybe out in the woods plinking on the weekends
    there have been 10 defensive use incidents this year in NV
    there have been 140 shooting incidents this year in NV
    [eta] search gunviolencearchive.org database for this year & NV https://www.gunviolencearchive.org/query
    Last edited by ::: :::; 06-03-2022 at 02:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    You've just made a case for no laws at all. Quite the paradox given the party of law and order.
    Ken was one of the marauding anarchists all along?

After seeing evidence and some first hand observations. I could get behind a law that restricts gun possession while on Prozac and similar drugs. Mass shooter on Prozac seems to be a thing

It cannot be a coincidence. And can be tracked
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

there have been 10 defensive use incidents this year in NV
    there have been 140 shooting incidents this year in NV
    When talking about Nevada. You have to split the numbers to two different regions. Clark county. Washoe County

I don’t even consider Vegas as Nevada anymore. It’s like an extension of LA with some pesky gun rights.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

almost 700K of Nevada's 3mil live in Vegas.

After seeing evidence and some first hand observations. I could get behind a law that restricts gun possession while on Prozac and similar drugs. Mass shooter on Prozac seems to be a thing

It cannot be a coincidence. And can be tracked
    Humm, a psych exam to purchase a gun.. and annually to keep a CCW/CCL? Seems reasonable..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!