• Prison Time for gun owners who lose or have their gun stolen

30 19.23%
  • Background checks and a waiting period for 100% of transactions

119 76.28%
  • No semiautomatic anythings...

60 38.46%
  • Tax gun sales with additional fee to go to mental health

70 44.87%
  • Register ALL firearms and require insurance (car analogy)

101 64.74%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 49 of 295 FirstFirst ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 7374
    Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    "Members of the public who want safer gun laws need to educate themselves on the finer details of guns and ammunition!"

-that's a stupid fucking argument that makes no sense

"No! The people in power that are there to write these laws and policies are even less educated about guns than the public!"

-it's stupid to make such a broad accusation and use this as a purity test before we address this issue

"Yeah...well Biden is dumb so there"
    All of that lumped into one pile.

Keep in mind Columbine happened during the AWB and Australia got rid of all semi-autos and most long guns.

Getting rid of "assault rifles" isn't going to do it. Which has been my stance all along.

It's just easy to point at those as the problem.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Why would you need an optic at 100 yards? I thought you were a SEAL or something with your arsenal and extensive “knowledge”. Does your wife tell you you’re sexy when you larp around with your “toys”?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I was just kidding. I don't kill animals.

I've got a couple of SEALs coming to do a training course with some of our clients. It's best to learn from people who have walked the walk.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post

I've got a couple of SEALs coming to do a training course with some of our clients. It's best to learn from people who have walked the walk.
    Here’s a question, between you and me, which one of us has carried a weapon in combat? Don’t think too hard, it’ll come to you

Here’s a question, between you and me, which one of us has carried a weapon in combat? Don’t think too hard, it’ll come to you

Here's a question. Why does that matter?

That's fantastic that you are a combat veteran. Thank you for your service and I hope you have a good weekend.

Learn what?

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    Learn what?
    How to properly handle firearms. Shoot. Shit like that.

You know. Firearms training. The type of thing people rant about in this thread.

The problem isn't a training problem.. The problem is guns are so easy to kill with any idiot can shred a school, mall, Walmart, etc in a matter of minutes.. As long as they're willing to die doing it, with guns, especially sick guns readily available, we're all fucked...

And ya there are other ways to kill a lot of people.. but few as easy as this... and banning access to other things harms our overall productivity and net social value more than banning AR15s does..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    The problem isn't a training problem.. The problem is guns are so easy to kill with any idiot can shred a school, mall, Walmart, etc in a matter of minutes.. As long as they're willing to die doing it, with guns, especially sick guns readily available we're all fucked...
    Yeah... there are other ways to kill a lot of people but you gotta figure out how to build bombs or disperse poison..

Even killing just one person. The other methods are messy and personal. It takes some real rage to beat someone to death and they get to at least try to fight back..

The Columbine shooters bombs didn't explode, so they had to use their handguns. Assault weapons were banned at that time.

The Columbine shooters bombs didn't explode, so they had to use their handguns. Assault weapons were banned at that time.
    Because its hard to build a bomb that works how you want. Easy to indiscriminately kill a bunch of people with guns. Any guns.

I know. I was agreeing with you.

If only there was something we could do...

Uuuuuhhhh a 995 (amongst the Columbine shooters’ kit) is hardly a “handgun”

If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Quote Originally Posted by mb6f50 View Post
    Yeah... there are other ways to kill a lot of people but you gotta figure out how to build bombs or disperse poison..

Even killing just one person. The other methods are messy and personal. It takes some real rage to beat someone to death and they get to at least try to fight back..
    Trucks, cars, knives, pressure cookers, etc all deliver a LOT of net social utility that we lose banning them.. AR15, not so much, hardly anything but fun at the range and death..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    I don’t know shit about how a commercial airliner is built either. But I’m in support of experts developing policies to make flying safe. I don’t need to know the difference between ailerons and flaps to support that.

Yeah some people online don’t know the difference between a magazine and a gun. Some people think AR stands for assault rifle. You like to look down your nose at these people. Cool hobby I guess.

Regardless it’s a stupid fucking argument that the general public needs more gun knowledge before sensible gun laws can be put it place. It’s not the general public writing those laws anymore than it is the general public driving commercial airline safety regulations.
    The counterpoint to this is the popularity amongst anti-gun advocates of the expired assault weapons ban. In no small part due to technical deficiencies, it created a new class of ban-evading guns that were, in most ways, not a lot less dangerous in the hands of someone who wants to shoot a lot of people.

Treating all semiautomatic rifles the same makes far more sense to me, but it becomes a tougher sell because you're now lumping a Ruger 10/22 in the same category as an AR-15.

Sent from my SM-G892A using TGR Forums mobile app

How to properly handle firearms. Shoot. Shit like that.

You know. Firearms training. The type of thing people rant about in this thread.
    Isn’t having a seal teach fire arms basics the equivalent of hiring Alan Ducasse to lead a class on how to make pancakes?

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    Isn’t having a seal teach fire arms basics the equivalent of hiring Alan Ducasse to lead a class on how to make pancakes?
    Maybe. Especially the ones I've got coming.

The clients will get a kick out of it and it's on the manufacturer's dime. I get to smell some SEAL jock straps. Everyone wins.

Here's a question. Why does that matter?

That's fantastic that you are a combat veteran. Thank you for your service and I hope you have a good weekend.
    It matters because all the gravy SEALs(you) with weapons of war are idiots. It’s just fantasy bullshit larping and cosplay. You dorks can do that with real toy guns. If you like the idea of carrying a weapon and fantasize about engaging the bad guys enlist or go fight in one of the ongoing wars. I can tell you that it’s not that glamorous. Sack up or get out of the way.

It matters because all the gravy SEALs(you) with weapons of war are idiots. It’s just fantasy bullshit larping and cosplay. You dorks can do that with real toy guns. If you like the idea of carrying a weapon and fantasize about engaging the bad guys enlist or go fight in one of the ongoing wars. I can tell you that it’s not that glamorous. Sack up or get out of the way.

Ok G.I. Joe.

Ok G.I. Joe.
    I’m not the one posting pictures of blinged out ARs and bragging about my latest tax stamp acquisition.

Most people lose their desire to play soldier around puberty, apparently you have a ways to go.

I’m not the one posting pictures of blinged out ARs and bragging about my latest tax stamp acquisition.

Most people lose their desire to play soldier around puberty, apparently you have a ways to go.

I guess so. I also like fast cars.

bobby’s winning so far….

All of that lumped into one pile.

Keep in mind Columbine happened during the AWB and Australia got rid of all semi-autos and most long guns.

Getting rid of "assault rifles" isn't going to do it. Which has been my stance all along.

It's just easy to point at those as the problem.
    I agree it’s dumb for those who develop gun safety policies to not be educated on the particulars.

I do not agree that I personally need to know the differences in order to believe stricter laws are necessary. Again that is just fucking stupid.

I’m an expert in a few things I guarantee you are not. I’m sure you’re an expert in things I’m not. It’s ridiculous to say “you need to be on my level before you can, as a member of the public, demand safer rules” around what I’m an expert in.

I don’t need to educate myself on what led to the specific design decisions around the 737 Max in order to believe that this shit shoulda been handled better.

It’s a lazy excuse for dismissing calls for better gun safety laws. Do better.

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    bobby’s winning so far….
    LOL not even close

Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    Coming to a school near you, sooner or later...

As a dad with 2 elementary school age kids, this hits hard.

KSAT San Antonio: 15 killed in shooting at Uvalde elementary school; gunman dead, Gov. Abbott says.
    https://www.ksat.com/news/local/2022...district-says/
    The OP ^^^

I will try to link the article quoting ' 'Senator' Johnson' as having determined that school slaughters are due to CriticalRaceTheory and the "woke-ness" of the liberal left -

https://madison.com/news/local/govt-...ea88b6ff7.html

I sure don't find any cause to hope this situation is going to improve in this thread ;

there's a post - it might even be in the first ten pages -
    ' Nothing will change. This is the cost of living in a gun culture. '

( screw) the gun culture -
    ... makes me want to clean-up and volunteer as a hall monitor at the elementary school ;
    one of these cowards can shoot me first

( maybe the local swat team will sit outside waiting... )

Done with this thread
    ( Thank you for entertaining Bobby- ).

how does a community of 16,000 have a school district "police force" that sets up Incident Command inside a school that has been invaded, and orders law enforcement to stay out of the school ?

I can't wait to hear the final version of this story -
    Thanks to the BorTac team that only waited forty-five minutes to engage the killer.

peace to Alvarde. tj
    Last edited by skiJ; 05-28-2022 at 05:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    bobby’s winning so far….
    I just see an immature slap fight. It's not even entertaining.
    To no one's shock, the answers given at the NRA convention (especially during the periods firearms are banned) are "more guns".
    Why people keep electing these fucking douchenozzles is beyond me.