• Prison Time for gun owners who lose or have their gun stolen

30 19.23%
  • Background checks and a waiting period for 100% of transactions

119 76.28%
  • No semiautomatic anythings...

60 38.46%
  • Tax gun sales with additional fee to go to mental health

70 44.87%
  • Register ALL firearms and require insurance (car analogy)

101 64.74%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 45 of 295 FirstFirst ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 7374
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    Checks out. Im agreeing now.

I think I am going to get rid of all my guns. Selling them to another person should do the trick.

Until Flounder and Dunfee mentioned it, I didn't realize how much of an issue pot smoking gun owners are. It is abhorrent that we let those filthy drug addicts have access to guns. (me included up until a few hours ago)

If anything is going to change, we need to make sure gun owners aren't using THC. (CBD is all good)

Who wants mimosas?
    You can clear heroin and cocaine from the body faster than THC, so those would also be good alternatives.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    You can clear heroin and cocaine from the body faster than THC, so those would also be good alternatives.
    There are no drug tests that are taken when purchasing a gun. Probably something to look at.

Can someone add drug tests to the list?

Even if nose beers get out of your system in 3 days we could still keep a healthy portion of dope smokers from getting firearms.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    The answer is obvious.. Texas needs to lower the age to purchase long guns from 18 to 10..
    Mos def. I mean the Uvalde shooter had to wait until he turned 18 to score.

Sent from the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen

I admire the bravery of Flounder and Dunfee to speak up about the sanctity of our cannabis laws.

I only regret how long it took for me to see the light.

It's not easy to hold your ground in the face of overwhelming adversity. "Courage" is a word that comes to mind.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

I think I am going to get rid of all my guns. Selling them to another person should do the trick.
    Dibs on your semi-auto with the pictures of Star Wars characters on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    Dibs on your semi-auto with the pictures of Star Wars characters on it.
    Semi auto with Star Wars characters on it... (Obi Wan for the win btw)

Ah... You must mean the magazine I have with Baby Yoda on it.

Pretty much the same thing. Semi auto and a magazine.

I'm not sure why I thought yall didn't know your shit. My mistake.

23 bucks. Buy one yourself and have it sent to your house. https://www.gunbroker.com/item/932952240

“When I was the same age as the children in Uvalde, my father taught me to stand for the Pledge of Allegiance when I believed my country was representing its people well or to protest and stay seated when it wasn’t. I don’t believe it is representing us well,” Kapler wrote, adding: “Every time I place my hand over my heart and remove my hat, I’m participating in a self-congratulatory glorification of the ONLY country where these mass shootings take place.”
    “We elect our politicians to represent our interests,” Kapler wrote. “Immediately following this shooting, we were told we needed locked doors and armed teachers. We were given thoughts and prayers. We were told it could have been worse, and we just need love.

“But we weren’t given bravery, and we aren’t free,” he wrote. “The police on the scene put a mother in handcuffs as she begged them to go in and save her children. They blocked parents trying to organize to charge in to stop the shooter, including a father who learned his daughter was murdered while he argued with the cops. We aren’t free when politicians decide that the lobbyist and gun industries are more important than our children’s freedom to go to school without needing bulletproof backpacks and active shooter drills.”
    SF Giants manager, Gabe Kapler, on why he won’t be on the field for the national anthem.

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    SF Giants manager, Gabe Kapler, on why he won’t be on the field for the national anthem.
    Id prefer that he go on the field and take a knee

That should do the trick.

That should do the trick.
    Even so, doing more than you

Even so, doing more than you
    Guilty as charged. I'm not sure you are aware what side I am on.

Newts plan

Here is Gingrich’s plan.

“Every school in the country ought to have five or 10 people paid $500 a month or more extra — that would be a rational federal program to pay every teacher who’s willing to be trained and armed to protect the children — teachers and administrators,” he said. “But we don’t have that kind of conversation. We’re all stuck up in some high political baloney” — baloney led, he added, by President Biden.

The beauty of this idea, of course, is that it sort of makes sense in the abstract. Yeah, why not outsource protection of schools to people who are already there? Mean-spirited critics might note that this is a form of defunding the police, but we can set that aside. Pay teachers to carry guns and stop school shootings. Done and done.

That’s where you land if you think about this for 2.3 seconds or less. Get to the 2.4-second mark and suddenly you realize: Wait. That’s stupid.

One reason that it is stupid is that it is outrageously expensive.

If you just say the number out loud — $500 a month — it sounds like not that much. About $6,000 a year in extra compensation for those teachers or administrators to be armed and trained. But then you remember we’re talking about at least five such teachers per school, raising the total to $30,000. Still not that much.

However, there are just under 131,000 schools in the United States. (That’s public schools; there are tens of thousands more private schools, but we’ll just focus on the public ones.) What happens when you multiply 131,000 by $30,000? You end up just south of $4 billion in new costs.

That’s just the compensation and just one year. They need to be armed, too, remember. If they’re using handguns like the Glock G17, that’s a one-time cost of $599 per participant. Or about $389 million. And then there’s training. One training regimen costs $16,500 for 50 people — meaning another $214 million.

Now the total cost is about $4.5 billion. And at least $3.9 billion of that — the compensation — is annual. If the trainings are annual, too, the yearly cost jumps to $4.1 billion.

And this is at the lower end of Gingrich’s proposal. Remember, he said “five or 10 people” and “$500 a month or more.” If we assume it’s 10 people and $750 a month, the cost for the first year becomes $12.9 billion, including firearms, one set of trainings and compensation.

For the sake of contrast, consider how much it would cost if the country wanted to buy back all of the AR-15-style rifles that are in circulation. There are probably about 20 million currently owned in the United States, retailing new for about $700. Buying all of those back at $700 apiece would cost $14 billion.

Even at Gingrich’s lower five-people-at-$500 rate, the cost of buying back every AR-15-style rifle would be less expensive than paying for and training armed teachers for four years.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Semi auto with Star Wars characters on it... (Obi Wan for the win btw)

Ah... You must mean the magazine I have with Baby Yoda on it.

Pretty much the same thing. Semi auto and a magazine.

I'm not sure why I thought yall didn't know your shit. My mistake.

23 bucks. Buy one yourself and have it sent to your house. https://www.gunbroker.com/item/932952240
    No mylittlepony? Buying a mylittlepony magazine would really give you knowledge Bobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    Problem is, we don’t enforce the laws we already have. Like 1% of cases where people lie on a back ground check, get caught, are prosecuted.
    Among the tropes always repeated about gun control are 'Chicago' and 'Why don't we enforce the laws on the books?' The problem with both arguments is the laws are purposely toothless making it possible for gun sellers to get off easy even after repeatedly selling guns to criminals:

Over the past two decades, the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives has let some of the Chicago area’s most notorious gun sellers off the hook for serious violations of federal law that included selling to straw purchasers, transferring guns without background checks and doctoring sales records.

ATF can revoke a gun dealer’s license only if the seller willfully violates the law. That’s different from most areas of civil and criminal law, in which defendants can’t use ignorance as an excuse for wrongdoing. To revoke a license, ATF inspectors have to prove a gun dealer intentionally disregarded the rules.

Proving that a dealer disregarded these laws intentionally can be difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    No mylittlepony? Buying a mylittlepony magazine would really give you knowledge Bobby.
    Not a fan.

Confusing a rate of fire and a magazine is an honest mistake.

So just keep the doors propped open?

You'll have to bear with me. Im stupid.
    Jfc. The fucking doors. Yup.

School doors open and close all damn day. Ever hear of recess? Or outdoor classes? So when the door opens and a fucktard with ak47's walks up and shoots everything in sight and continues in that open door that is the issue?
    Or he just walks up and blows thru the glass windows or doors?

Fuck you and anyone placing blame on a fucking door being open. The door in Buffalo was wide open. Didn't hear about that being an issue.

Maybe, just maybe, it's the fucking semi-auto high capacity guns.

One study, published in the Journal of Public Economics in 2020, examined state legislatures’ policy responses in the wake of mass shootings — and found that they were heavily tilted toward lax regulation.

“In states with Republican-controlled legislatures, a mass shooting roughly doubles the number of laws enacted that loosen gun restrictions in the year following the incident,” the authors write. “We find no significant effect of mass shootings on laws enacted when there is a Democrat-controlled legislature. We also find no significant effect of mass shootings on the number of enacted laws that tighten gun restrictions.”
    https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...litcal-science
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

Not a fan.

Confusing a rate of fire and a magazine is an honest mistake.
    No confusion here. You’re missing my point. So baby yoda is on your magazine and not the gun…at what point did a lethal weapon become a toy for grown ass adults? When people started buying high cap mags with pics of baby Yoda on them.

Still waiting on a response to a question I asked many pages ago. Other than shooting many people quickly or one person many times because you’re a bad shot, what does a 30 rd, semi-auto, suppressed, SBR, 300BLK do better than my 26” barrel, 3 rd, bolt action 300 WM?

Feel free to glaze over the question a second time but don’t come back and twist my words so you can feel like you’re debating someone “that doesn’t know about guns”. I can tell you what my gun can do better than yours. It isn’t made for shooting as many people as possible as quickly as possible. Just need one to two shots to shoot North American large game at moderate distances.

I can tell you what my gun can do better than yours.
    My gun can do better than yours...

lol. Ok bud.

Afraid to answer? You could get a lot of cred in a thread discussing how to prevent 19 children from being shot and killed with a semi auto high cap gun if you could list a purpose for civilian ownership and why it’s a good tool without other better options that doesn’t involve shooting people.

Feel free to say it’s your right to own under 2a and that you don’t owe anyone an answer because you don’t. I’m just trying to get you some cred here.

The most viable way to do that is through Class 3 designation.
    Only if there are resources available to ensure that questions were answered honestly and a real back ground investigation done.

As a gun owner I worry that if nothing is done this country will reach the tipping point where the majority gets the votes to repeal the 2nd amendment. Between fewer households owning guns and more voters experiencing gun violence that day will come. Seems like universal background checks, red flag laws and a buy back program that pays more than a gun is worth would be a good start.

Instead of confiscating assault rifles we could start by outlawing sales of them. No new ones hit the market and if you want to sell your current guns you sell to the feds.

And give it a rest Bobby. You contribute good things to the forum but I call you out on one piece of hypocrisy and you go into a multi day melt down. If you want validation on how amazing you and your ideas are, call mommy.

Afraid to answer? You could get a lot of cred in a thread discussing how to prevent 19 children from being shot and killed with a semi auto high cap gun if you could list a purpose for civilian ownership and why it’s a good tool without other better options that doesn’t involve shooting people.

Feel free to say it’s your right to own under 2a and that you don’t owe anyone an answer because you don’t. I’m just trying to get you some cred here.
    Im pretty sure the best course of action is to make sure no one smoking pot has access to firearms. Or at least that seems to be the focus. I could be off base.

A Glock 19 can be a semi auto hi cap gun. Are you asking why civilians need hand guns?

100% on all points of Flounder’s.

Guilty as charged. I'm not sure you are aware what side I am on.
    You’d be surprised

Im pretty sure the best course of action is to make sure no one smoking pot has access to firearms.
    Deflection is not answering my question.