• Prison Time for gun owners who lose or have their gun stolen

30 19.23%
  • Background checks and a waiting period for 100% of transactions

119 76.28%
  • No semiautomatic anythings...

60 38.46%
  • Tax gun sales with additional fee to go to mental health

70 44.87%
  • Register ALL firearms and require insurance (car analogy)

101 64.74%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 24 of 295 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Question for the gun experts here: supposedly he purchased two AR platform rifles and 375 rounds of ammo. Approximately how much would that cost?
    He bought a premium AR. Daniel Defense. Approx $1800. Then another $600 AR. Ammo $250.

Usually I say the affordability of guns designed for mass production are a problem, but that DD is unusual.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    Combat vets aren't necessarily trained to be with kids and may do more damage with their other behavior during non shooting times.
    C'mon. Do you think all these vets came back as animals and can't be trained to simply protect a school? That they don't have kids themselves? That they never interacted with local kids in Afghanistan or wherever they served? That schools can't do an interview or background check on them beforehand?

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    I hope some of you aren't wasting all your time engaging with nitwits.

Please take some time to write your senators to pass HR8 and demand that further gun control bills be passed.
    This. Arguing with ammosexuals is a waste of time.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Cono, If you’re going to buy a killing machine, buy a nice one.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    leroy you and Bobby stupid prove his point. As a gun owner, I look at you assholes and see the problem
    That doesn't make any sense. Arguing with me on TGR literally does nothing for your cause. Are you saying its my fault youre engaging me?
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    Someone needs to tell these people they are fucking stupid.

https://news.yahoo.com/manatee-schoo...194554275.html

Bobby, you the NRA & and the GQP can try and sell that narrative. Anyone with a brain knows it is horse shit.
    Close down sales of guns to civilians and buy back all of the guns out there.
    Put a bounty out and make it very profitable to snitch out your gun fag neighbor.
    Make having a banned weapon a very long prison term.
    Within a few years the guns and this issue are gone.

I already asked what assault rifle owners could do and the answer was destroy them....

That wont happen as they are valuable. There are no buy backs in place and selling to another private owner literally does nothing.

So... What exactly is the personal sacrifice you speak of?
    Support a federal, state, and local registry. Support insurance requirements. Support destroying all confiscated firearms. Quit supporting gun manufacturers who stand in the way of any progress, etc and etc….

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    And the absolute impossibility of limiting those things retroactively.
    As I said previously, you can't let perfect be the enemy of good. You've got to start somewhere and maybe the results won't be immediate. You start with something and you work from there.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    bzzzt, wrong again Bobby stupid. 32% of individuals, 44% of households. Freaks like you and Leroy are a minority
    44% of households... About half. Jesus.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    This. Arguing with ammosexuals is a waste of time.
    I was told in this thread that if I own guns, it’s a waste of time to write legislators.

Quote Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
    Support a federal, state, and local registry. Support insurance requirements. Support destroying all confiscated firearms. Quit supporting gun manufacturers who stand in the way of any progress, etc and etc….
    I don't really pay attention to what I buy, other than quality. I already support that other stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Bobby, you the NRA & and the GQP can try and sell that narrative. Anyone with a brain knows it is horse shit.
    Close down sales of guns to civilians and buy back all of the guns out there.
    Put a bounty out and make it very profitable to snitch out your gun fag neighbor.
    Make having a banned weapon a very long prison term.
    Within a few years the guns and this issue are gone.
    Do you actually believe any of that is remotely possible? I've got some nice beach front property for you in TN.

“I don’t care about what I’m actually supporting”

I'd be down with registering my .22 Stevens Little Scout.
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

I feel safer on must urban mass transit systems than I do in most Walmart parking lots..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Jesus, you guys make me ashamed to be American with all this "the problem is too big" whining. We landed on the moon. All that's needed is to actually want to make things better. When did people become so afraid of doing difficult things?

Hence the reason I think all "assault weapons" (which needs more definition) should be Class 3. I don't like to tell people what they need or don't need. It's not really my business. However, if you want access to dangerous shit you need to go through some hoops. They aren't even hoops really. It's just the ATF making sure you aren't a felon or on a list.
    Maybe you'd like to further expound on what Class 3 offers in terms of screening vs the current Form 4473 / NICS background check?
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    C'mon. Do you think all these vets came back as animals and can't be trained to simply protect a school? That they don't have kids themselves? That they never interacted with local kids in Afghanistan or wherever they served? That schools can't do an interview or background check on them beforehand?
    It's really amazing. There are actual instances where it is working fine.

OK, this I agree with.

Yeah, a guy patrolling a school carrying a rifle is totally normal. I can't believe anyone thinks this is where we should be headed as a country. Jesus...

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Maybe you'd like to further expound on what Class 3 offers in terms of screening vs the current Form 4473 / NICS background check?
    NICS are done in about 15 min and apparently the shooter passed one. Finger printing can tie you to any crime that you might've committed. NICS doesn't do that. The waiting period is a deterrent.

However, Im not naive enough to think that a person wouldn't buy a handgun and commit the same crime.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    OK, this I agree with.

Yeah, a guy patrolling a school carrying a rifle is totally normal. I can't believe anyone thinks this is where we should be headed as a country. Jesus...
    It's where you are. Where you should be isn't reality.

I guess we will see if that school has any incidents.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    I hope some of you aren't wasting all your time engaging with nitwits.

Please take some time to write your senators to pass HR8 and demand that further gun control bills be passed.
    We're working on flipping a NC Senate seat to blue
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
    “I don’t care about what I’m actually supporting”
    I'm not on board with the "Take the gunz" crowd. Ill support the things that I already do personally.

It's where you are. Where you should be isn't reality.

I guess we will see if that school has any incidents.
    The shooter encountered an armed resource officer before entering the building. Same with Parkland. SROs aren’t the deterrent you think they are.

https://news.yahoo.com/manatee-schoo...194554275.html

What a great learning environment. The US is full of a bunch of mouth breathing morans.