• Prison Time for gun owners who lose or have their gun stolen

30 19.23%
  • Background checks and a waiting period for 100% of transactions

119 76.28%
  • No semiautomatic anythings...

60 38.46%
  • Tax gun sales with additional fee to go to mental health

70 44.87%
  • Register ALL firearms and require insurance (car analogy)

101 64.74%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 295 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    They're alien beings Al.
    that was the late 70's but its something one remembers clearly
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I love the Steve Kerr rant.

If they try to do a moment of silence at the game I hope he, and many more, scream the entire time at the top of their lungs till they have no voice left, just a long agonizing painful scream.
    because that's what the victims deserve, loud voices screaming over the agony for change.

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    Drugging isn't exactly treating necessarily. Its sometimes treating the symptoms not the disease and its sometimes just creating a reliable customer base who is dependent on your products.

Your whole post is creating a binary either or issue, in reality drugs are often given in leu of decent therapy and actual treatment.

As far as I know, no prescription drugs have shown any ability to have actually curative effects in regards to mental illness except psilocybin, and I guess supposedly ketamine.

This is the same system that created the opioid epidemic. Not sue why its America's darling sacred cow that is verboten to criticize because God and The (Bought and Paid for) Science

I've seen multiple people get sold a cocktail of daily meds and not have it work out well. They can increase psychosis and dissiociation etc.
    "As far as I know"

gotcha thanks for saying this - helps us put your whole post in perspective

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    "As far as I know"

I am all ears if you have an example to the contrary?

No, well then your post has less value than mine.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    "As far as I know"

If you could refrain from quoting his inane drivel that would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    It’s a band aid, no one wants to put in the time. Just sedate them then, better than rolling the dice on the latest SSRI with a advertising campaign. Obviously, we’re going to always have shitty parents, and all we can really do is get rid of the guns. But, the entire industry is a joke. Drug dealers.

I saw my gf’s 14 yr old girl lie in bed for a weak as that shit tweaked her brain. She said she was tripping hard. The doctor said just give it time. My God!

It’s illegal to drug kids like in the UK.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Please kindly fuck off with this ignorant anti-SSRI bullshit.

I personally benefit from taking them, and know several others who do as well. Never ‘tripped balls’, never felt as if my brain was ‘tweaked’, but do cope much better when I’m on them than off - things just feel a bit better, stressful situations are a bit less so. Wish I had of started them much earlier in life instead of in my 30’s.

I am all ears if you have an example to the contrary?

No, well then your post has less value than mine.
    Your post isn't examples - it's just ill informed opinions vomited onto a page - which is your MO around here.

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    If you could refrain from quoting his inane drivel that would be great.
    Sorry! I forgot that smarter people than me not only refrain from engaging with this self styled expert in all things but also have him on ignore. I'll stop the quoting

Gun cucks talking like they aren't part of the problem while buying guns and ammo and memberships that fund perpetual lobbying against any reform is all-time.

When my children's eyes look at me and they ask me to explain
    It hurts me that I have to look away
    The powers that be are in for shame and comeuppance
    When Generation Lockdown has their day
    They'll throw the bums all out and drain the swamp for real
    Perp walk them down the Capitol steps and show them how it feels
    Tramp the dirt down, Jesus, you can pray the rod they'll spare
    Stick it up your ass with your useless thoughts and prayers
    Stick it up your ass with your useless thoughts and prayers

Governments have killed a lot more people than civilian mass shooters, by a ridiculous margin.
    Thanks for clarifying to anyone who hasn’t figured out yet that you are not serious about this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    I’m anti SSRI’s, and my last two girlfriends were giving that junk to their kids...

Fuck ass holes who shirk their responsibilities to parent and just drug their kids.
    Yet... they were your girlfriends

So is it fuck those people or fuck those people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NRA.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	282.6 KB 
ID:	417353
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Death toll now at 21 - 19 children, teacher, shooter.

(Trained) good guys with guns unable to bring down shooter before entering building.
    https://twitter.com/NatashaBertrand/...55082914725888

Body armor. Assault rifle. Parents are providing DNA swabs so children whose bodies have been shattered and mutilated into unrecognizable forms by a military weapon can be identified. How cool of us to allow this equipment to be purchased in the USofA so grown men can cosplay GI Joe.

We all get a pass in confronting these events with the sanitized news coverage. Shooters turn these schools/clubs/stores/concerts into warzones, and none of us at home have to confront the horrific imagery. Wonder if things would be different if we did, ala Emmett Till.
    Last edited by North; 05-24-2022 at 10:50 PM.

About a month ago I started a conversation on FB with a man running for congress on a MAGA ticket. Iraq vet as a medic. Purple Heart. Currently a detective on Long Island near NYC. He asked me for input to about any issues I'd like to discuss. I said "Let's see if we can agree on one thing, Fewer guns would mean fewer gun deaths". He never answered, I didn't press but the conversations continued.

So, can anyone disagree that fewer guns would mean fewer gun deaths? Seems like a good place to start.
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    If the shooters were not able to acess children in schools due to increased security wouldn't they just go to a shopping mall instead ?
    Gotta start somewhere, I think the kids are worth it.

This whataboutism is just a shitty road block.

“If we can’t change everything then we should change nothing” is just bullshit.

When nothing changed after Newtown we as a country decided that our children being slaughtered wholesale was the price we would pay for "freedom"

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Quote Originally Posted by Cisco Kid View Post
    So, can anyone disagree that fewer guns would mean fewer gun deaths? Seems like a good place to start.
    Fewer bullets, maybe...but the correlation is far from linear. Wouldn't you agree?

The same people who spent all last month insisting that life must be protected above any other consideration will now explain to us you how children being massacred in classrooms is just the sunk cost of protecting a single sentence written in 1789.

Quote Originally Posted by heckacali View Post
    I love the Steve Kerr rant.

If they try to do a moment of silence at the game I hope he, and many more, scream the entire time at the top of their lungs till they have no voice left, just a long agonizing painful scream.
    because that's what the victims deserve, loud voices screaming over the agony for change.
    The moment of silence in Dallas tonight before the game made me sick. I don’t expect a bunch of Texans to turn into Democrats but god damn hold your GOP representatives accountable or STFU with this nonsense like you give a shit. I really don’t get it.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    That’s a real man. I’d vote for Steve Kerr for president. The truth is there’s one political party that is hell bent on fucking this country. They care for nothing but money. Fuck every GOP politician and voter! I own guns. There’s no reason to not have sensible controls and there’s only one reason we don’t have them. The Republican Party and every person who votes for them. You vote to continue the status quo of this shit happening time and again. PERIOD, take a a look in the mirror and say you’re fine with this happening to your loved ones so that the status quo of zero fucks given can continue.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    You sir are exactly correct. The GQP and their voters are dead to me.
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Heard a talking head yesterday asking why not pass a law so an 18 year old can can only buy a single shot hunting rifle or a double barreled shotgun.

That makes so much sense.
    Can’t buy beer.
    Can’t buy smokes in many states.

So many of these nut jobs are hormonal kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Heard a talking head yesterday asking why not pass a law so an 18 year old can can only buy a single shot hunting rifle or a double barreled shotgun.

That makes so much sense.
    Can’t buy beer.
    Can’t buy smokes in many states.

So many of these nut jobs are hormonal kids.
    How about no one buys rifles that aren't bolt action? Half of these shooters had parents buy them their guns.

Governments have killed a lot more people than civilian mass shooters, by a ridiculous margin.
    Name:  2b34291fc5718cab17c564d5c943e8a2116561bf35bb50a27a32d56cdea8e448.jpg
Views: 497
Size:  20.1 KB

leroy is the new king of whataboutism..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

The way of the gun.

How many weapons did we leave in Afghanistan? They will show up in another conflict zone. As will what we’re now sending to Ukraine. Guns from Vietnam were smuggled into Chile back in the day. We can ban assault weapons, and we SHOULD, and we should ban hi cap mags, but leaving people with the choice to just carry more mags don’t stop crazy from showing up.