• Prison Time for gun owners who lose or have their gun stolen

30 19.23%
  • Background checks and a waiting period for 100% of transactions

119 76.28%
  • No semiautomatic anythings...

60 38.46%
  • Tax gun sales with additional fee to go to mental health

70 44.87%
  • Register ALL firearms and require insurance (car analogy)

101 64.74%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 85 of 295 FirstFirst ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,125 of 7374
    Is there an NRA bot in here working psyops to make this about hunters now?

Nobody gives a fuck about hunters and nobody wants to take their guns or regulate the tools for hunting.

Nice distraction though.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    That seems low... and then of course if you include fishing it's more like 35-40%.

But yeah, hunting really has nothing to do with this thread nor the weapons being discussed.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

It doesn't matter, as most hunters I've met either use or would be fine with bolt action. You only really get one good shot on most game anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    People want to hunt, people don't need to hunt. It's a hobby. When one adds up the cost, it's cheaper to buy protein
    This just isn’t true. I’ve got several extended family who really need that freezer full of venison each fall. Would they starve without it, no but it would significantly impact their life. These are all people hunting locally so no trophy trips. Cost is time and they enjoy being in the woods so it’s not a burden. Of course they all hunt with bolt action rifles not AR-15s.

Biking last night with my one buddy that sleeps with a loaded AR next to his bed. He was going off on how he’s so far in the boonies that there’s no police and he needs to be ready to protect himself. Of course there is also zero crime where he lives. Way more crime in my neighbor hood including drug dealers, armed standoff and a stabbing on my 1 block long street in the past 5 years. I’ve got a revolver, shotgun, and a bolt action 22. None kept loaded by the bedside because I’m not a scared pussy.

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    Who’s doing that?
    I thought someone had suggested stricter gun regulations across the board, not just for the types of guns usually involved in killings (ie semiautomatics). I may well be misremembering or confusing with something I read elsewhere in an online debate on the subject.

As I said more than once, though, I still think that you can avoid damn near all issues around hunting access by targeting semiautomatics. People do hunt with them, but as has already been said, it's hard to come up with a legit usability argument against bolt, lever, or pump action for hunting firearms.

Sent from my SM-G892A using TGR Forums mobile app

Hunting's kinda like skiers on a ski forum. There's probably five times the number of rednecks who say they hunt versus folks who actually have or recently had a hunting license and actually hunted legally. Bunch of posers... Sure, most still like to think they'll be out there again soon, but reality and life makes that unlikely..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by Flounder View Post
    This just isn’t true. I’ve got several extended family who really need that freezer full of venison each fall. Would they starve without it, no but it would significantly impact their life. These are all people hunting locally so no trophy trips. Cost is time and they enjoy being in the woods so it’s not a burden. Of course they all hunt with bolt action rifles not AR-15s.

Biking last night with my one buddy that sleeps with a loaded AR next to his bed. He was going off on how he’s so far in the boonies that there’s no police and he needs to be ready to protect himself. Of course there is also zero crime where he lives. Way more crime in my neighbor hood including drug dealers, armed standoff and a stabbing on my 1 block long street in the past 5 years. I’ve got a revolver, shotgun, and a bolt action 22. None kept loaded by the bedside because I’m not a scared pussy.
    A dog and some motion lights in the yard would be a lot more useful to buddy. And if that doesn't deal with the issue, he's got bigger problems that he isn't disclosing. Maybe he pissed off a Mexican cartel? In which case he'd better not sleep, they are just going to sneak in and probably shoot him with his own gun, for funsies.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    A dog and some motion lights in the yard would be a lot more useful to buddy. And if that doesn't deal with the issue, he's got bigger problems that he isn't disclosing. Maybe he pissed off a Mexican cartel? In which case he'd better not sleep, they are just going to sneak in and probably shoot him with his own gun, for funsies.
    That is not a person that should live in the boonies. No one is coming to get him. For 99% of people - no one outside your circle gives a shit about you one way or another.
    Plenty of times I don't even remember to lock my door or I leave the garage open.
    Motion lights are terrible too, as there's a lot of creatures moving about in the night, many across your yard. Unless you enjoy constantly being woken up by squirrel, owl, coyote or deer just dubbing around.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    he's got bigger problems that he isn't disclosing.
    I’ve got a good idea of his bigger problems. Fits the usual profile. His life peaked in high school, works too much at a shitty job, not as successful as his old man, no female companionship for years, and so on. Like a lot of the pro AR crowd he’s obsessed with the military, watching war videos all the time but too much of a pussy to join the army. He larps through his many acres of land pretending to be a soldier while snowshoeing or hiking with an AR. He thinks he’s cool, the rest our old high school crew just feel sorry for him.

Like a lot of the pro AR crowd he’s obsessed with the military, watching war videos all the time but too much of a pussy to join the army. He larps through his many acres of land pretending to be a soldier while snowshoeing or hiking with an AR. He thinks he’s cool, the rest our old high school crew just feel sorry for him.
    Pffff war videos.

I prefer to hire retired Tier 1 operators for my larping.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    That is not a person that should live in the boonies. No one is coming to get him. For 99% of people - no one outside your circle gives a shit about you one way or another.
    Plenty of times I don't even remember to lock my door or I leave the garage open.
    Motion lights are terrible too, as there's a lot of creatures moving about in the night, many across your yard. Unless you enjoy constantly being woken up by squirrel, owl, coyote or deer just dubbing around.
    I didn't say they were a good, or bad, idea. I was merely stating that they would be more useful than a loaded AR-15 by the bedside. I stand by that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    Pffff war videos.

Heh.

Shoot the messenger in 3...2...1...

Name:  FUzeYK3XsAA4coy.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  48.2 KB

If guns were harder to obtain, messengers would be safer and we'd have to find a new expression for "don't hassle me for news you don't like, I'm just reporting it."

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    That seems low... and then of course if you include fishing it's more like 35-40%.

But yeah, hunting really has nothing to do with this thread nor the weapons being discussed.
    Most state agencies that regulate hunting & fishing provide license sales data online, so you could see that 268k people bought a California hunting license last year, <1% of the state. Texas sold like 1 million licenses so ~4%. Minnesota, about 7% of the state. Some smaller states get higher numbers. Fishings harder to quantify but 40% is high.

Quote Originally Posted by anotherVTskibum View Post
    In my world, that's insane. Participation in hunting is already dropping, suggesting that kids can't learn gun safety and marksmanship when young and have their own hunting firearms as teenagers would be a huge cultural shock, plus I doubt it would move the needle on gun deaths.

If my kids don't get into shooting as a recreational activity or sport, that's 100% fine with me (and would avoid potential disagreement with my ex-wife on the matter). However, I hope she'll still be amenable to them learning basic gun handling (especially the treat every gun as loaded and watch where the business end is pointing bits), because one of the best ways to mitigate the risk of improperly stored firearms is to teach the people you can to respect what even a bolt action .22 can do downrange.

And please don't think that I oppose holding people responsible for what happens with their firearms. I'm also 100% behind civil responsibility for what happens when you intentionally or negligently provide someone who either is legally prohibited or who you know is dangerous with the means to make headlines, and I'd also support codifying that, possibly with criminal penalties, on a national basis. That would include private-party sales to prohibited individuals, even if a background check isn't required (ie don't require a federal action that creates a de facto registry, but make the seller responsible for somehow ensuring that the buyer is legit).

Sent from my SM-G892A using TGR Forums mobile app
    I don't think you realize how insane your current gun polices seem to every country in the world (that doesn't blast AK rounds in the sky to celebrate arranged marriages).

Nobody would/could stop you from teaching your kids about shooting, gun safety, and how to hunt. The USA needs a major correction on gun culture, not a baby step towards sanity every time someone shoots up a school. I mean, y'all had your chance to have 5 guns for every man woman and child, and you messed it up. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    I don't think you realize how insane your current gun polices seem to every country in the world (that doesn't blast AK rounds in the sky to celebrate arranged marriages).

Nobody would/could stop you from teaching your kids about shooting, gun safety, and how to hunt. The USA needs a major correction on gun culture, not a baby step towards sanity every time someone shoots up a school. I mean, y'all had your chance to have 5 guns for every man woman and child, and you messed it up. Sorry.
    You're not wrong, Walter.

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I'm all for sollutions that don't involve a national registry de facto or otherwise.
    Why no registry?

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Why no registry?

Cause, the gubmint, man. Hitler used the registry when he conquered Poland.

Yeah it's not like the gubmint doesn't know about literally every other facet of your lives.

Also, what the fuck is this hunting bullshit? Nobody gives a fuck!

Quote Originally Posted by sirbumpsalot View Post
    Looks like a great source you got there. Shockingly, it is not accurate, it looks like firearm related homicides for white people were 7.5 per 100k in 2019 per the cdc, not from a dumbass chart from mostly suspended users on reddit and twitter.

It's also using TOTAL DEATHS including suicides in the other countries and only homicides in the usa. If we added accidental and suicides to the USA numbers the USA would be off the charts in every category. Finland, for instance, for gun homicide averages 0.2% per 100k.

But even if it was true, you could look in the face of mass shootings in schools and 30k suicides a year and say there is no problem, because the rates are in line with other countries for white people? Your racism isn't just showing, you are flaunting it.

You should be fucking ashamed passing off these lies. They might hold up under the light of torches at your Klan rally, but not under the light of day.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuntmonkey View Post

Also, what the fuck is this hunting bullshit? Nobody gives a fuck!
    Hunting, fishing, look, a drag queen and some kids!
    Last edited by ex-powderbroker; 06-09-2022 at 08:34 AM. Reason: post preservation of a racist fucking moron for all time
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Pffff war videos.

We know, you’ve bragged about it more than once

Quote Originally Posted by sirbumpsalot View Post
    Why don’t you just come out of the closet and declare your racist tendencies

Real retired Tier 1 operators don’t whore themselves out to a bunch of fat larping rednecks. You’re getting some tool like Dan Bilzerian. Asshat Navy vet with zero combat experience, 2 time flunky in Seal training but he lives the life style and lets people think he was an actual navy seal.

Name:  Image1654784638.723210.jpg
Views: 220
Size:  112.4 KB

But hey, I’m sure they’ll have some awesome stories to keep you hard all afternoon.

Real retired Tier 1 operators don’t whore themselves out to a bunch of fat larping rednecks. You’re getting some tool like Dan Bilzerian. Asshat Navy vet with zero combat experience, 2 time flunky in Seal training but he lives the life style and lets people think he was an actual navy seal.

Name:  Image1654784638.723210.jpg
Views: 220
Size:  112.4 KB

But hey, I’m sure they’ll have some awesome stories to keep you hard all afternoon.
    Look, Dan has the beard, black polo and khaki cargo pants, that’s legit.

Bobby, do you consult your wife before these larp sessions? “Honey, what do you think, grey or khaki cargoes with the navy polo?”