• Prison Time for gun owners who lose or have their gun stolen

30 19.23%
  • Background checks and a waiting period for 100% of transactions

119 76.28%
  • No semiautomatic anythings...

60 38.46%
  • Tax gun sales with additional fee to go to mental health

70 44.87%
  • Register ALL firearms and require insurance (car analogy)

101 64.74%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 50 of 295 FirstFirst ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 7374
    Answers (not to be misconstrued as a defense or an endorsemnt) to some of the questions above:

- A small community of 16,000 has a SWAT team, armed school resource officers, Incident Command, etc., because the United States spends billions of dollars every year militarizing its police.

- The effort to ‘Harden’ campuses is now a $3 billion school security industry. It includes: Kevlar backpack inserts for children, bulletproof whiteboards, impact-resistant film for classroom windows, “ballistic attack resistant” door shields, armored saferooms, surveillance cameras and facial-recognition systems, software to monitor potential threats, gunshot and “aggression detector” microphones, even smoke cannons to disrupt an active shooter in progress.

- Local police and feds say they waited outside the door because two police were already shot by the shooter using the door as cover and because the shooter continued shoot at them from behind the classroom door. They believed the shooter barricaded himself inside intent on shooting more police. They now openly admit they fcked up.

- After the feds finally breached the door the shooter was hiding in a closet "and began firing when US Border Patrol agents entered the room more than an hour after the shooter began his rampage." The gunman is believed to have waited for the agents to enter the room, then kicked open the closet door and began shooting.

- Bobby is in fact winning so 'Get your crying done now' because Republicans are not passing shit. ← hat tip The Onion.

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    I just see an immature slap fight. It's not even entertaining.
    To no one's shock, the answers given at the NRA convention (especially during the periods firearms are banned) are "more guns".
    Why people keep electing these fucking douchenozzles is beyond me.
    This shouldn’t be entertaining. Posters like Bobby are the epitome of our stupid gun culture, posting pictures of his blinged out “toys”. It’s disgusting, it’s not really the guns that are the problem it’s the fetish of people playing with these instruments of death like they’re toys. Bobby said he doesn’t hunt, why does he need military style weapons exactly?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Just to clarify, Multi-,
    I read Alvarde has a school district police force. if that's just the school resource officers - "meh" I did not encounter a school police force until I was at a University with 50,000 students...

'Incident Command' is just chain of command - it sure should Not have been set-up inside the invaded school ( while law enforcement was outside tazing parents ) ;

Thank you for your insight regarding the school defense industry. tj

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    This shouldn’t be entertaining. Posters like Bobby are the epitome of our stupid gun culture, posting pictures of his blinged out “toys”. It’s disgusting, it’s not really the guns that are the problem it’s the fetish of people playing with these instruments of death like they’re toys. Bobby said he doesn’t hunt, why does he need military style weapons exactly?

The military doesn't use a 300blk SBR.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    Love this analogy. Airplane manufacturers can be and are sued for deaths related to crashes, cigarette makers are liable for death related to smoking (based on hiding the link between smoking and cancer). But for some reason, suits against gun manufacturers hasn't put a big enough dent into sales, marketing and regulation. If that changes, at least manufacturers would have an incentive to get tougher on who owns and doesn't own a weapon.
    Gun manufacturers can’t be sued if their guns are used in a crime thanks to the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act. Really limits the cost for them. They can flood the market with lethal weapons essentially without consequences.

The Sandy Hook families got Remington by suing for their marketing campaign. Sure seems like the same law could be used against Daniels but Texas probably has even more protections for gun manufacturers.

A small community of 16,000 has a SWAT team, armed school resource officers, Incident Command, etc., because the United States spends billions of dollars every year militarizing its police.

- The effort to ‘Harden’ campuses is now a $3 billion school security industry. It includes: Kevlar backpack inserts for children, bulletproof whiteboards, impact-resistant film for classroom windows, “ballistic attack resistant” door shields, armored saferooms, surveillance cameras and facial-recognition systems, software to monitor potential threats, gunshot and “aggression detector” microphones, even smoke cannons to disrupt an active shooter in progress.
    Fear sells, but all the play acting in the world doesn't mean shit when you have cornered a heavily armed shooter who wants to die. How many times had the Alvarde SWAT team deployed and dealt with a live active shooter?

it’s the fetish of people playing with these instruments of death like they’re toys. why do they need military style weapons exactly?
    It is fantasy land and all these guys with their fucking AR platforms and rail systems and the tactical gear are little different that Civil War re-enactors.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    It is fantasy land and all these guys with their fucking AR platforms and rail systems and the tactical gear are little different that Civil War re-enactors.
    Not really. But if you want to label it that then go right ahead.

Just say anyone that has an AR15 is racist. Might be easier for you.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

I'm sure there's a range of motivations and use cases but I'd bet good money that the vast majority are a lot closer to Civil War re-enactors (i.e. people who like to dress up and pretend they're soldiers) than they are to SWAT team members.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    How many times had the Alvarde SWAT team deployed and dealt with a live active shooter?
    I don't know the answer but I suspect mostly routine drug interdictions, nothing serious. For a small town it's probably more of a jobs program, a daycare for grown men.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    I'm sure there's a range of motivations and use cases but I'd bet good money that the vast majority are a lot closer to Civil War re-enanctors than they are to SWAT team members.
    Considering what we have seen out of the most recent SWAT team, that's nothing to aspire to.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post

Bobby is a rich boy playing with toys. As a well schooled rich boy, he'll basically always get to. It's a distraction, especially given a significant portion is likely client relations as a seller of luxury goods in the gun mad south.
    His kids don't go to public school. He doesn't have to care.
    That's why it's a distraction. Sure, he's a person, but his resources etc. Are the far minority.
    It's about everyone else getting together and pushing for meaningful change. That won't happen if you let yourself get hung up in the weeds.

Thanks Schuss. I appreciate that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    Thanks Schuss. I appreciate that.
    Whatever man, just vote for the change when it comes.

If only there was something we could do...

Hillsboro dad goes viral for surrendering guns; here’s how to get rid of yours https://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-n...-of-yours.html

“Today I’m turning in my weapons to the Hillsboro Police Department in Oregon,” Beers said in his video. “Both my AR-15 and my 9-mill handgun. I no longer want them.”

“I know this will not change legislation or anything to do with gun culture in America, but hopefully it’ll be a form of symbolism and hopefully America can wake up because no other country has the problems that we do with gun culture and ideation and gun violence like we do.”

Quote Originally Posted by ex-powderbroker View Post
    i wasn’t telling you to eat a dick, but i guess you don’t like considering other opinions. here’s how stupid you sound:

Attachment 417556
    Whoosh

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    The military doesn't use a 300blk SBR.
    No shit Sherlock, I posted military style, which is what a 300BLK SBR is modeled after. Like every other AR platform weapon.

Ah ok. My bad.

My wife has been a teacher her entire adult life.

Doors have always been locked. Again, it's a deterrent but will absolutely not stop anyone from getting in.

The resource officer at one school made it perfectly clear multiple times to many teachers that he was going home at the end of the day no matter what.

The issue is the guns. Americans and their guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Flounder View Post
    Gun manufacturers can’t be sued if their guns are used in a crime thanks to the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act. Really limits the cost for them. They can flood the market with lethal weapons essentially without consequences.

The Sandy Hook families got Remington by suing for their marketing campaign. Sure seems like the same law could be used against Daniels but Texas probably has even more protections for gun manufacturers.
    Are the ammosexuals good with big pharm getting the same protection for slinging opioids? They're already much more highly regulated/controlled than guns.. Yet Purdue Pharma is getting gutted by the settlements coming due. Oxy doesn't take itself..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

The thought of those cops high-fiving and good-gaming each other during training contrasted against their gutlessness is something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    The thought of those cops high-fiving and good-gaming each other during training contrasted against their gutlessness is something else.
    video game play acting ...

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post

Doors have always been locked. Again, it's a deterrent but will absolutely not stop anyone from getting in.

The resource officer at one school made it perfectly clear multiple times to many teachers that he was going home at the end of the day no matter what.

. . .

if a 'locked door' "will absolutely not stop anyone from getting in. " it is not a "deterrent" and does not sound like a locked door to me -

so let's prop the doors open, claim the Only issue is guns, drop a bunch of f* bombs and try to sound tough.

or

we could look for solutions to the problem(s) --

you'll get no argument from me that guns are part of the problem - but guns by themselves are not carrying out these massacres - this is a people problem ;

when a thread about school Safety becomes thirty pages of ' all things guns ' , we have further evidence this is a people problem.

when the ownership of assault weapons ( definition - those designed and intended for killing people. there are other definitions - we can get lost in the minutiae of arguing the definition, but let's start there > guns designed to, and intended to, kill people. )
    ... when the ownership of assault weapons is defended as a "valuable" investment, I would offer, one needs a better investment strategy.

so., school Safety -
    I hate the term 'hardening' schools - it certainly fits the lexicon of the era, but let's try to make schools safer again.
    up-thread, the idea of school Safety was dismissed as "insane." Thank you, dunfree - "stupid is, as stupid does. " (Gump)
    it IS the teachers who are in the best position - and have the most to gain by taking protective measures. lock the door - Especially when the classroom is equipped with a Safety door.

these are different times, and we need to recognize society has changed -

Safety First. And always. Safety always --

I would be happy if citizens surrendered assault weapons. it ain't going to happen willingly; and it ain't going to happen anytime soon.

we can make schools safer - by September. but it requires buy-in., and it requires ,,, buy-in. parents, teachers, society, administrators, the public. students.
    and one of the problems I see is schools are a current focal point for arguments about covid policy. it is sickening.
    we aren't even going to be able to agree on basic, fundamental steps to enhance Safety.

lock the door. lock the door. a barrier door, Not a cylinder lock --
    authorized entry Only. does one have an appointment to be there (?) authorized entry Only. lock the door

let's start there. tj

alternatively,
    This is the cost of living in the gun culture -

now I see why americans live elsewhere -

I doubt I am going to do that. but If I was forty ( or twenty-five ), that might merit serious consideration.

. . . back to your Gun 'discussion' ...
    Last edited by skiJ; 05-29-2022 at 05:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    Hillsboro dad goes viral for surrendering guns; here’s how to get rid of yours https://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-n...-of-yours.html
    Someone should make him a gofundy. I wanna buy him a beer.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post

The issue is parenting actually. Not guns, not mental issues, fuck the social pressure breeders. And they want to encourage that too. No you can't fuck with your body? Hits head on wall gives up. Locked and loaded. Merca.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

any way you cut it people will find guns, so maybe the issue is asking why people want to kill other people and why do they think it would be a good thing ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know