• Prison Time for gun owners who lose or have their gun stolen

30 19.23%
  • Background checks and a waiting period for 100% of transactions

119 76.28%
  • No semiautomatic anythings...

60 38.46%
  • Tax gun sales with additional fee to go to mental health

70 44.87%
  • Register ALL firearms and require insurance (car analogy)

101 64.74%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 156 of 295 FirstFirst ... 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 ... LastLast
Results 3,876 to 3,900 of 7374
    It was Mr. Fierro’s first time at a drag show. He said he was having fun.

“These kids want to live that way, want to have a good time, have at it,” he said in the interview on Monday. “I’m happy about it because that is what I fought for, so they can do whatever the hell they want.”

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post

“These kids want to live that way, want to have a good time, have at it,” he said in the interview on Monday. “I’m happy about it because that is what I fought for, so they can do whatever the hell they want.”
    This guy for President.

good guy veteran stops bad guy...but also is pro drag parties...Fox News is gonna be confused about how to portray this one

Guy's so humble. Not taking any credit. Just did what was necessary. Upset that he couldn't have prevented the five deaths.

A hellavalotta blowhards could take a lesson from this guy, but they won't. True hero.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    This guy for President.
    Seconded.
    Wait, how can we trust this guy^^^ He's clearly not DJSapp

So a good guy without a gun. Who could have guessed?
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-11-22 at 10.32.58 AM.png 
Views:	97 
Size:	379.7 KB 
ID:	434996

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-11-22 at 10.32.58 AM.png 
Views:	97 
Size:	379.7 KB 
ID:	434996
    and you may have to explain humanity (all definitions thereof) in an understandable way

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    So a good guy without a gun. Who could have guessed?
    I read in the NYT piece there was also a drag queen stomping the shooter with spike heels.

This is gonna make for some interesting school safety protocols…

I read in the NYT piece there was also a drag queen stomping the shooter with spike heels.

Maybe this unarmed drag show loving veteran and the high heel stomping queen could give a class to the 376 law enforcement officers that descended upon the Uvalde school

Name:	911777F7-A538-4448-8D66-C6FC3BEFCC84.jpeg 
Views:	85 
Size:	532.1 KB 
ID:	435012

If anything could push action it would be a mass murder a stone's throw from the nation's capitol. But it won't!
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Pretty insane comments on Fox yesterday from a guest (Gays against Groomers) basically saying we should expect more gay club mass shootings until they get their preferred policies in place (run of the mill anti trans/gay stuff).

Which sounds an awful lot like someone threatening indiscriminate violence against civilians to accomplish their political goals.

Mental health crisis I guess.

I wonder where, with who’s money and how such ideas have been amplified. Who knows, total mystery…

They're not wrong about it being a mental health crisis, it's just that the crisis is theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Just because they were unarmed doesn't mean they weren't packing!
    I laffed.

quite aside from any tradition or cultural upbringing, i find it all baffling the various and multiple ways in which people say they NEED to have a gun

i can accept that some percentage may actually need a firearm, but the volume of people making the claim really begs some introspection on what daily life is like

and then, the followup question: why do people aspire to live a life that requires being constantly armed?

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    quite aside from any tradition or cultural upbringing, i find it all baffling the various and multiple ways in which people say they NEED to have a gun

i can accept that some percentage may actually need a firearm, but the volume of people making the claim really begs some introspection on what daily life is like

and then, the followup question: why do people aspire to live a life that requires being constantly armed?
    I don’t know, the fact that a trip to Walmart in anywhere USA may lead to a gunfight kinda makes me want to carry a gun.

And…..12 pages of handwringing….go.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by ex-powderbroker View Post
    If anything could push action it would be a mass murder a stone's throw from the nation's capitol. But it won't!
    Maybe in a Nieman Marcus store, or Burberry, no politician or lobbyist's families were shopping in Walmart to trigger real change.

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    Talked to a guy last year who was bitching about bans on high capacity magazines. I asked him how often he was getting into shootouts where more than 10 round capacity would make a life or death difference. Just got more of a tirade in response.

I had a recent convo with someone in our little village about the 10 round magazine limit in OR’s Measure 114.

“I need it (large cap mag) on my farm to chase coyotes from my chicken coop” he sez.

My response “if you need more than 10 rounds to chase off a coyote, your problem isn’t magazine capacity, it’s that you suck at marksmanship.”

He didn’t like that much “I’m a great shot!”
    “Then why do you need so many bullets to chase off a ‘yote? Pretty sure I would only need one or two. You know they will run at the first shot if you’re at all close to target”

Lotta mumbling and he walked off.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    I don’t know, the fact that a trip to Walmart in anywhere USA may lead to a gunfight kinda makes me want to carry a gun.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    That's the hope of the NRA. They secretly love these mass shootings. It's good for business. So do the Republicans. Their hollow thoughts and prayers while they rake in tens of millions of dollars in NRA campaign contributions and actively try to weaken gun laws is proof that they are pro gun violence.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post

That seems to be the response i hear too.
    It is however a pretty backwards "solution" under the least amount of scrutiny and emblematic of why we keep having these issues.
    IE...the current process of "everyone gets a gun" and little in the way of deciding who can responsibly use one.

Gun proponents say "regulations don't work"; per the chart upthread, they demonstrably do.
    The larger problem is that unfettered gun availability doesn't work.

For those that claim "it's the person not the gun", I ask: with that as a presumptive basis for the issue, why would you ever give the person a gun without heavy scrutiny of the person?

I’m hoping that “gun proponents” are figuring out that if they don’t get on the train that is headed towards implementing common sense solutions to this issue they are really, really not going to like what comes down the pike.

I get the impression that a majority of people are pretty much done with the BS excuses and stalling.