• Prison Time for gun owners who lose or have their gun stolen

30 19.23%
  • Background checks and a waiting period for 100% of transactions

119 76.28%
  • No semiautomatic anythings...

60 38.46%
  • Tax gun sales with additional fee to go to mental health

70 44.87%
  • Register ALL firearms and require insurance (car analogy)

101 64.74%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 11 of 295 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Obviously I’m not going to quote the verbal diarrhea guy, but the NRA talking point of a nation of gravy seals fighting tyranny is addressed here: https://www.theatlantic.com/national...t-ever/272734/

^ also points out that the most effective Soviet genocidal technique was starvation.
    It's kind of funny seeing that 2013 article reference Ukranian peasants standing up against Stalin. Clearly modern Ukranian peasants are doing a good job of standing up against the tyrannical Russians - all they needed was their guns and a unifying will to resist. (And a few hundred billion dollars worth of heavy armaments donated by sympathetic non-tyrannical governments)

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Form an orderly queue.
    Thank you for this. Civility is so underrated in these troubled times and basic ritual politeness can be very comforting while we wait our turn.

We've tried NOTHING and are all out of ideas!
    Old's Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    Leroy and Bobby have it all figured out. Didn't you know, gun violence is down since the 80s so we're all good y'all! Bobby has a couple of guns registered with ATF...problem solved!

A couple of thoughts....

Universal background checks
    Register all new gun sales
    If you buy a gun you need to prove that you can store it safely and are required to prove this prior to taking possession
    periodic (maybe every 2-4 year) mental health checks to confirm you are mentally capable of safely owning a firearm
    I guess you don't know what Class 3 means. Perhaps learning a thing or two about the current gun laws would help you.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

I love the personal responsibility argument from the guy who dabs before he drives his kids to school or on a racetrack. Fucking clown. Gtfohwts.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    I guess you don't know what Class 3 means. Perhaps learning a thing or two about the current gun laws would help you.
    what exactly does you registering Class 3 firearms do to curtail school shootings like the one that happened in Texas yesterday? What point are you trying to make?
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Our schools are just fine.

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell delivered an emotional speech on the Senate floor Wednesday following a mass shooting in a Texas school a day earlier.

The top Senate Republican put the blame clearly on the shooter, whom he described as a “deranged young man” and “maniac,” echoing the views of many Republicans that mental illness is the root cause of many of these recurring tragedies.

McConnell didn’t make any mention of the 18-year-old shooter’s easy access to high-powered weapons or any possible preventative legislative solutions.

In separate interviews with CNN, Florida GOP Sens. Marco Rubio and Rick Scott defended the need for AR-15s and semi-automatic weapons, dismissing calls for expanded background checks.
    When asked about the prospect of banning AR-15s, Scott said, “I think we have in our Constitution our Second Amendment rights, and we shouldn’t take away rights for law-abiding citizens.”

These scumbags would have a very different tone if their family members were the victims. Or maybe they wouldn't....

Quote Originally Posted by skiJ View Post
    I said it above, and I will say it again, schools are attacked Because they are the easiest targets ( churches, too ) -
    the children have not done anything, they are just undefended targets.

we can Start by making schools safer - restricted access. Not prison- or 'Pentagon'- secure, but I would not be opposed to single-entry.
    There are about 88,000 elementary schools in America. If the proposal is armed guards to protect a single-entry point, each school needs enough trained and armed guards to face a gunman in body armor. Maybe, four? So ~350,000 guards. More than the army that occupied Iraq. Whether a person is for or against the idea, that's just what it is.

Go for it. Give us customers an education. Just like you do on the showroom floor. Or batch about your stupid clients to the guy in the next cube.
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

For all the "OMG Johnny can't drink at 18 but he can shoot!"

We could increase the right of voting age back from 18 to 21 in combination with making the right of firearm ownership age 21, plus throw in MJ legal at 21 too?

Or maybe we would like to standardize all that, and drinking, at 19?
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    nah, it’ll never get solved because the us is a failing state and the people wrapping themselves in the flag like it that way.
    That’s what I figured, carry on

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by skiJ View Post
    I said it above, and I will say it again, schools are attacked Because they are the easiest targets ( churches, too ) -
    the children have not done anything, they are just undefended targets.
    j
    Why aren't schools attacked in the rest of the world?

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    It's kind of funny seeing that 2013 article reference Ukranian peasants standing up against Stalin. Clearly modern Ukranian peasants are doing a good job of standing up against the tyrannical Russians - all they needed was their guns and a unifying will to resist. (And a few hundred billion dollars worth of heavy armaments donated by sympathetic non-tyrannical governments)
    Heh, in spite of the Russian invasion Ukrainians today are asking about the Texas elementary school shooting where a gunman killed 19 children wondering "Why? How?"

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    There are about 88,000 elementary schools in America. If the proposal is armed guards to protect a single-entry point, each school needs enough trained and armed guards to face a gunman in body armor. Maybe, four? So ~350,000 guards. More than the army that occupied Iraq. Whether a person is for or against the idea, that's just what it is.
    Uvalde Texas spends about 40% of its municipal budget on Police. Another 3-5 LEO would make policing closer to half the budget. Insane the answer to “protecting the guns that’ll protect me from a police state” is a police state.

Quote Originally Posted by heckacali View Post
    I had a nice little talk with my 4th grader on the way to school today about crazy people with guns killing 4th graders in their classroom.

And to think, yesterday I was frustrated that all he wanted to talk about was Minecraft.
    I was going to talk to my first grader but instead just told her I loved her and gave her an extra tight hug as I dropped her off for 1st grade.

Kids that young I’m not sure what taking to them can do other than make them fearful. Reality is if shit went down a 7 year old is cannon fodder.

Crazy to think that this limp dick killed 21 while being pursued by law enforcement. Can you imagine if he went to the school first, before shooting his grandma? We could realistically be looking at 60-80+ dead kids and teachers.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

what exactly does you registering Class 3 firearms do to curtail school shootings like the one that happened in Texas yesterday? What point are you trying to make?
    You make "assault weapons" Class 3. It accomplishes everything you want.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    They are, but we hear about it less. Our media doesn't give a shit about poor brown and black children in other countries getting slaughtered, because there is no political action associated with such tragedy. Media kinda care when the biggest attack on a school in history happens, but only kinda.

Everyone remembers Columbine.

Few in the US remember Beslan.

There does seem to be VASTLY more terrorism aimed at schools outside the US. Do we see more psychopathy aimed at schools in the US? I'm not sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    This has already been pointed out. (and in fact included the far bigger K-12 number of schools, since older kids also deserve a solution)

And it waived away as a non issue by the usual suspects
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

China has had dozens of school attacks in the past decade
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/School_attacks_in_China
    , but fewer deaths per incident because knives and hammers and cleavers are harder to kill with.

Bentley, Maybach, Lambo, Bugatti, Koenigsegg, Hennessey, Ferrari....

Yes I have. What's your point? That's right, you have none.
    i actualy ment to say hyperbole, it worked for Trump

There are already so many/ too many guns so I think the genie is already outa the bottle when it comes to controling guns

and too many Americans feel like killing people
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    China has had dozens of school attacks in the past decade
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/School_attacks_in_China
    , but fewer deaths per incident because knives and hammers and cleavers are harder to kill with.
    also way more people in china so the kill ratio is way lower
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Our media doesn't give a shit about poor brown and black children in other countries getting slaughtered, because there is no political action associated with such tragedy.
    Wait, what? Are you suggesting school shootings in America only get media coverage because it furthers a political agenda?

If only there was something we could do...

When asked about the prospect of banning AR-15s, Scott said, “I think we have in our Constitution our Second Amendment rights, and we shouldn’t take away rights for law-abiding citizens.”
    Of course we shouldn’t take rights away from citizens…..well except for women. Forcing a teenage girl to give birth after being raped is AOK but god forbid you have to go through a universal background check to buy an arsenal.

"if only there were something we could do..."

we can vote in an actual super majority
    nothing is happening until ^^^that occurs