• Prison Time for gun owners who lose or have their gun stolen

30 19.23%
  • Background checks and a waiting period for 100% of transactions

119 76.28%
  • No semiautomatic anythings...

60 38.46%
  • Tax gun sales with additional fee to go to mental health

70 44.87%
  • Register ALL firearms and require insurance (car analogy)

101 64.74%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 146 of 295 FirstFirst ... 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 ... LastLast
Results 3,626 to 3,650 of 7374
    Poll responses seem to show support for common sense gun regulations.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by skiJ View Post
    OP above ^^^

thanks for keeping this thread prominent and having great ideas regarding school safety --

Thanks again. skiJ
    I think some of the usual suspects are keeping it prominent. Ii think many people are somewhat fed up with the gun violence and the culture that wants to see guns everywhere as the only solution.
    Everywhere they loosen gun restrictions as part of the solution ends up with higher rates of gun deaths. I don't really want to live in a society where people are paranoid and armed to the teeth. I'd sort of prefer to not have to worry about it, and it would be nice to stroll in and out of places without a pat down or metal detector. Quality of life, seems to decline the more guns are around.
    sigless.

Definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post
    yes, it is

What's the definition of irony?

After that, do “self awareness”

Actually, the definition of insanity is suffering from severe mental illness. Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results is stupidity. Makes a nice sound bite though

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Actually, the definition of insanity is suffering from severe mental illness. Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results is stupidity. Makes a nice sound bite though
    Not only that, Einstein (who the quote is most often attributed to) never even said it.

Wait wait wait, does this mean that the guns enter the system legally and are then stolen from irresponsible owners?
    That would mean... Too many guns owned by too many irresponsible people are a major source of the problem! In short... Too many guns!
    What a breakthrough revelation!
    That should be an easy problem to solve, fewer guns for everyone would reduce the problem! I did it guys, I figured it out.
    sigless.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Not only that, Einstein (who the quote is most often attributed to) never even said it.
    Who told you that? Ben Franklin?
    ... jfost is really ignorant, he often just needs simple facts laid out for him...

Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    Wait wait wait, does this mean that the guns enter the system legally and are then stolen from irresponsible owners?
    That would mean... Too many guns owned by too many irresponsible people are a major source of the problem! In short... Too many guns!
    What a breakthrough revelation!
    That should be an easy problem to solve, fewer guns for everyone would reduce the problem! I did it guys, I figured it out.
    Holy shit! Basin, I think you may have something here. So let me get this straight. If you have less guns, you have less gun deaths?
    No. I must be missing something.
    Cause I thought I read that you need to arm more people so that the bad guys with guns are out numbered.

It's all so confusing.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Wonder if they are mainly handguns or assault weapons that are stolen out of cars?

Discussion seems to be shifting from banning assault weapons to all guns...

Which tends to happen.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    Wonder if they are mainly handguns or assault weapons that are stolen out of cars?

Which tends to happen.
    Assault weapon ban. Handguns more highly regulated than currently, hunting rifles and shotguns less regulated than handguns.

a security type dude from Vegas has a FB vid outlining the 5 reasons you got robbed in Vegas and one of them is that you are obviuosly Canadian so you are unarmed

Canadians are the low hanging fruit so the bad guys would rather take their chances with a Canadian than an American
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Which tends to happen.
    I am primarily concerned with living in a society that doesn't shoot each other up as much.

I don't really understand the need for handguns, as they are primarily designed for shooting other people. You need a handgun for protection because someone else has a handgun, etc... So a reduction in handguns overall would lead to a reduction in gun deaths overall. That is sort of the goal, yes? Fewer shot dead people? Do we at least agree on that?

Assault style weapons, no need. Happy to see them go away.

But how about this...
    you can have as many handguns as you want, but they need to be registered. Get found with an unregistered hand gun, go to jail. If a handgun registered to you is lost and ends up being used in a murder or other violent crime? You go to jail.

Hunting rifle? Shotgun? With low capacity magazine, say, less than 5 rounds, have at it. But again, you lose it, or someone steals it from you out of your car, and it gets used in violent crime, you go to jail.
    sigless.

Which tends to happen.
    Perhaps we should focus on the ones that kill the most people unnecessarily and the ones that have the worst results when used for bad things. i.e. the ones police are saying NOPE to dealing with until SWAT or the Border Patrol arrives. Handguns owned by people who don't have high risk dangerous occupations or restraining orders against violent stalkers... CHECK! ARs and other high velocity high capacity magazine capable things.. CHECK

Hunting rifles and shotguns that TYPICALLY have less than 15 rounds on board.. 2nd A all they way!
    Handguns for WELL REGULATED, heavily and FREQUENTLY vetted individuals.. "Well regulated" 2nd A all the way!

+1 to jail if you fuck up and lose it with criminal results.

Around here if someone with a CCW/CCW has one stolen they DON'T report it because they're afraid they'll lose their permit. They just go buy another one and pretend it didn't happen. So, that article probably greatly missed quite a few others that got/get stolen.. It's likely far worse... I bet this is a BIG reason why folks don't want to be "well regulated".

Quote Originally Posted by jfost View Post
    Who told you that? Ben Franklin?
    You don't even want to know what he said about his Love Gun

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BF.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	910.5 KB 
ID:	423429

This is the ONE thing progressives DO want to take back to the good olde days/1950s..

watch out for snakes

Common theme here.. Individual sense Trumps common sense when it people are asked to ACT. Ya, common sense gun control is probably going to reduce the number of guns falling in to adverse possession... But given the choice I'M KEEPING MINE". This is why we need repetitive legislators to make the hard choices FOR us. Left to our own devices we choose our own wants over society's needs.

Name:  93ADFC6C-BB12-4EB8-A9A6-75277DE7D1F9.jpeg
Views: 416
Size:  98.2 KB

Git job at IRS and lern to kill taxpayers.

Its phun!
    watch out for snakes

If you're dealing drugs or fencing stolen goods and don't report it properly on your taxes the IRS will come gunning for you..

IRS Guidance for Thieves, Drug Dealers, and Corrupt Officials

Job sounds cool...but 50hrs a week? On call 24/7?

Sure holding anti-american tax cheats accountable sounds fun but I need quality me-time

Name:  93ADFC6C-BB12-4EB8-A9A6-75277DE7D1F9.jpeg
Views: 416
Size:  98.2 KB

Git job at IRS and lern to kill taxpayers.

Its phun!
    Scotty B cheats on his taxes and is scared that Hunter Biden will take away his AK-47 collection.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters