• Prison Time for gun owners who lose or have their gun stolen

30 19.23%
  • Background checks and a waiting period for 100% of transactions

119 76.28%
  • No semiautomatic anythings...

60 38.46%
  • Tax gun sales with additional fee to go to mental health

70 44.87%
  • Register ALL firearms and require insurance (car analogy)

101 64.74%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 48 of 295 FirstFirst ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 7374
    The discussion shifted, too. Initially people were arguing schools have too many doors and instead need to have a single secured entrance. That morphed into schools should lock their doors when people found out the shooter entered through an unlocked door.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    The discussion has shifted, too. Initially people were arguing schools have too many doors and instead there needs to have a single secured entrance. That morphed into schools should lock their doors when people found out the shooter entered through an unlocked door.
    the argument on one side has always been, and will be, everything but guns are the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    Its hard to get the other side to take you seriously, when the figure head of the movement suggest blasting shotgun shells off the front porch.
    Ok now I’m leaning more towards lazy.

You put a lot of trust in the DC "experts".
    You're right. That's why I don't think we should have laws that allow guns until we have politicians who understand what they are allowing. Door swings both ways.

No. It's an anti-gun crowd.

Im glad you chose to have your cake and eat it too. Must be nice to choose both sides.
    Not a fan of cake, I prefer pie.

I see a future where Americans can no longer own any firearm they choose and that those who do choose to own firearms are regulated. When that time comes you are welcome to complain about it. You are in the minority.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    As someone who falls into the sportman category of guns I absolutely detest the self defense ammosexuals, and we need a complete cultural separation between the two. Those AR-15 assholes are going to get shotguns and hunting rifles taken away in the long term. Well, maybe not, but it would still be good for progress to separate these groups a bit more (and I don't mean from the outside perspective). There are plenty of "bleeding heart liberals" like myself who appreciate guns in an appropriate setting.
    Amen brother.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Court records indicate as a convicted felon Butler was not entitled to own any guns. He was also wanted by deputies on a misdemeanor charge of transferring and receiving stolen goods from earlier this year. Kanawha magistrate court records show some 20 arrests for local charges..
    You mean he wasn't following the gun laws already in place? Odd.

Wonder what would've happened had that armed civilian not been there?
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

-- Or the gun laws already in place are lax and are being made more lax and therefore even more easily circumvented by criminals?

-- Since he fired in the direction of the crowd, not into the crowd, he might have driven away after his aggro petulant display?

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    Doug Stanhope
    How the hell have I never heard of that guy?!

John Oliver three-parter after the Manchin-Toomey amendment failed post Shady Hook

You mean he wasn't following the gun laws already in place? Odd.

Wonder what would've happened had that armed civilian not been there?
    guy not following gun laws, arguing for following gun laws

If only there was something we could do...

In a time of crisis, the cops ran away. I really can’t get over this. Some DPS dude was on with Wolf Blitzer and essentially said that cops might have gotten shot if they’d followed their training and engaged the dude. Ok, that’s not really their decision to make now is it? For fucking REAL?!?!? Why not just go home and get back in bed. They don’t deserve their benefits.

If this is what the cops do (and let’s face it, the government overall) it truly makes me want to go from “never” to “always” when it come to carrying the EC9 (a small, cheap, carry friendly 9mm pistol). “Sometimes” is never wise.

ETA: a citizen carrying outside would have done nothing here, in retrospect but FFS this lightning seems to strike a lot lately.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    I don’t know shit about how a commercial airliner is built either. But I’m in support of experts developing policies to make flying safe. I don’t need to know the difference between ailerons and flaps to support that.
    Love this analogy. Airplane manufacturers can be and are sued for deaths related to crashes, cigarette makers are liable for death related to smoking (based on hiding the link between smoking and cancer). But for some reason, suits against gun manufacturers hasn't put a big enough dent into sales, marketing and regulation. If that changes, at least manufacturers would have an incentive to get tougher on who owns and doesn't own a weapon.

Probably 90% of the laws on the books are thanks to worst case scenario offenders. It's why we can't have nice things. Guns are no different. Because of the potential harm from someone acting like a dipshit or maniac, nobody gets to have those toys. Fireworks are a prime example here... and could also be classified as "arms" too. Fun fireworks are illegal here. Gotta go to other states to get the fun stuff. There are also quite a few gun owners who would object to rockets and other flaming shit that flies being allowed places where they feel they should be allowed to go with guns. Why? I promise I'll be a careful, responsible fireworks owner.. so why punish me because other people aren't??? Same fucking argument.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    guy not following gun laws, arguing for following gun laws
    Someone hasn't been following along. Someone else has them now. Problem solved amirite?
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Probably 90% of the laws on the books are thanks to worst case scenario offenders. It's why we can't have nice things. Guns are no different. Because of the potential harm from someone acting like a dipshit or maniac, nobody gets to have those toys.
    I don't know how the laws work in your state but for most states the opposite is true. Guns are easier to acquire than ever before because of the worst case scenario offenders. CCWs are less restricted than ever before. Everybody* gets to have those toys.

* Not everybody in the sense a criminal can legally buy a gun, everybody in a practical sense.

So the answer to 19 little kids being murdered is an arms race between the good guys and the bad guys.

Seems like arming the swat team of this town didn’t work - maybe train teachers in how to breach a room with an active shooter inside? Pay them a fraction of what those cops make. Make them also teach.

Someone hasn't been following along. Someone else has them now. Problem solved amirite?
    You didn’t sell all your guns Bobby, how would you vamp in front of the mirror without your “toys”? King Larper. I bet you use the word “goodies” when you describe how you accessorize your “toys”

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    You didn’t sell all your guns Bobby, how would you vamp in front of the mirror without your “toys”? King Larper. I bet you use the word “goodies” when you describe how you accessorize your “toys”

How am I supposed to blow away a deer at 100 yards without a Vortex optic on my Proof Research 6.5 Creedmoor?

I don't know how the laws work in your state but for most states the opposite is true. Guns are easier to acquire than ever before because of the worst case scenario offenders. CCWs are less restricted than ever before. Everybody* gets to have those toys.

* Not everybody in the sense a criminal can legally buy a gun, everybody in a practical sense.
    My point is how come everyone can have guns everywhere but not fireworks? Even gun nuts see why fireworks everywhere is a bad idea because if idiots doing stupid shit. Why can't they see having guns everywhere is also a bad idea because of idiots?

If we can ban the more dangerous types of fireworks (also could be classified as "arms") in most places why can't we ban the most dangerous types of guns in most places?
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Not a bunch of money in fireworks?

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    So the answer to 19 little kids being murdered is an arms race between the good guys and the bad guys.

Seems like arming the swat team of this town didn’t work - maybe train teachers in how to breach a room with an active shooter inside? Pay them a fraction of what those cops make. Make them also teach.
    We could have a combat vet from the war on terror in the corner of every classroom, they could have an M4 with PEQ and an Aimpoint. That’ll solve everything

"Members of the public who want safer gun laws need to educate themselves on the finer details of guns and ammunition!"

-that's a stupid fucking argument that makes no sense

"No! The people in power that are there to write these laws and policies are even less educated about guns than the public!"

-it's stupid to make such a broad accusation and use this as a purity test before we address this issue

"Yeah...well Biden is dumb so there"

My point is how come everyone can have guns everywhere but not fireworks? Even gun nuts see why fireworks everywhere is a bad idea because if idiots doing stupid shit. Why can't they see having guns everywhere is also a bad idea because of idiots?

If we can ban the more dangerous types of fireworks (also could be classified as "arms") in most places why can't we ban the most dangerous types of guns in most places?

My mistake. I misinterpreted your post. We have a problem with fireworks starting fires here in the west yet they are still legal, still widely used .

How am I supposed to blow away a deer at 100 yards without a Vortex optic on my Proof Research 6.5 Creedmoor?
    Why would you need an optic at 100 yards? I thought you were a SEAL or something with your arsenal and extensive “knowledge”. Does your wife tell you you’re sexy when you larp around with your “toys”?

2A bro