• Prison Time for gun owners who lose or have their gun stolen

30 19.23%
  • Background checks and a waiting period for 100% of transactions

119 76.28%
  • No semiautomatic anythings...

60 38.46%
  • Tax gun sales with additional fee to go to mental health

70 44.87%
  • Register ALL firearms and require insurance (car analogy)

101 64.74%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 43 of 295 FirstFirst ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 7373
    Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    I believe there are lot's of 'bleeding heart liberal' AR owners out there after a pandemic showed them that they can't depend on a Republican government to keep them safe.
    what pandemic danger was there that required an AR?

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    People strapped up for the future toilet paper wars and global hand sanitizer riots.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    Toilet paper shortages

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    Toilet paper shortages
    Gotta Karen up and solve that.

just goes back to the gaslighting involved with "needing" a firearm

Texas cops are only good for harassing dark skinned folks, abortion providers and people with a bag of weed. The more I read about their inaction and cowardice the sicker I get. And the feds (didn't really) save the day when Texas pork pusssed out.

Thin blue line my thin white ass

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-05-27 at 3.50.47 PM.png 
Views:	66 
Size:	215.3 KB 
ID:	417532

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    Could you imagine withholding even one check from those leeches?
    actually, I cannot imagine believing I had any right to continue in that line of Work if I was one of those individuals and had been in town that day...

but I have seen the kind of people that are now drawn to 'law enforcement. ( heavy on the Enforcement ) '
    it's a broad brush. and no one from Uvalde law enforcement stepped forward.

children deserve better.

tj

Quote Originally Posted by skiJ View Post
    actually, I cannot imagine believing I had any right to continue in that line of Work if I was one of those individuals and had been in town that day...

but I have seen the kind of people that are now drawn to 'law enforcement. ( heavy on the Enforcement ) '
    it's a broad brush. and no one from Uvalde law enforcement stepped forward.

children deserve better.

tj
    Those cops should be on suicide watch.

Can’t imagine.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Uvalde swat team.

words do not adequately convey my disappointment.

find different Work

tj

Pretty sure there aren't enough mall cop gigs in that part of the country...
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    The story I am hearing now from a lot of directions is the local police were stacked up unwilling to attack.

The CBP Tactical team that I had mentioned earlier?

It was ONE GUY from the BORTAC team. He was off duty and eating lunch in another town.
    I'm not sure if new information came to light but the story from the beginning has been a 3 or 4 person Border Patrol Tactical Unit (BORTAC) team, not just one guy, led the breach into the classroom with the shooter after Texas police officers delayed confronting the shooter themselves?

The cops keep changing their story so you might be right. I'm only asking because it seems like the only part of the story that hasn't changed is after local dithering federal agents acted on their own volition to go in after the shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    I believe there are lot's of 'bleeding heart liberal' AR owners out there after a pandemic showed them that they can't depend on a Republican government to keep them safe.
    I disagree with "lots." Do they exist? Sure. But you can't make a determination with something as vague as "blue county." I live (part time) and grew up in an extremely liberal county (nearly 70% voted for Biden) and I still know plenty of conservatives buying more and more guns. Feel free to prove me wrong with some actual data but my anecdotal guess would be that 95% of AR-15 owners are GOP or Independent voters, and that number might be on the low side.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post
    They bought AR’s to shoot the virus?
    I am guessing the mostly peaceful protests...but well...like the school shootings...stuff like this gets forgotten 2 months later:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	de2cf130-ab1d-11ea-bfe9-cfd4416f3370.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	98.0 KB 
ID:	417533

Quote Originally Posted by sirbumpsalot View Post
    I am guessing the mostly peaceful protests...but well...like the school shootings...stuff like this gets forgotten 2 months later:
    I don't think it was forgotten. I think the protests and calls to defund the police nearly cost Democrats the House and caused a lot of elections to be closer than they otherwise would have been. Being "pro-cop" shouldn't mean asking citizens to become more like cops, and cops to become more like soldiers.

People are rightly horrified by the cops behavior in Uvalde. But cops are not soldiers, whereas the team that neutralized a shooter armed with ARs essentially are soldiers.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    If we don’t keep information on gun owners how do we have stats?
    There's no federal registry. Some states do have registries, and feds keep track of the volume of background checks (not sure if those contain a self reporting field for first time gun buyers).

Considering the possibility that a significant portion of people in a rural town know that your politics lean left and then that the majority of households in the county probably have firearms, and then doing the math on low-hanging fruit and assumptions about lack of guns due to politics, well, yes, it can be quite disquieting. In an Armageddon scenario, it doesn't take many of those armed people being asshats to ruin your day.

Sent from my SM-G892A using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    I don't think it was forgotten. I think the protests and calls to defund the police nearly cost Democrats the House and caused a lot of elections to be closer than they otherwise would have been. Being "pro cop" shouldn't mean asking citizens to become more like cops, and cops to become more like soldiers.
    No one is asking citizens to do so....many citizens just aren't waiting around until its too late to defend themselves and their families...and those citizens are not the ones that advertise they are gun owners.

I don't think it was forgotten. I think the protests and calls to defund the police nearly cost Democrats the House and caused a lot of elections to be closer than they otherwise would have been.
    Totally agree. Plays right into the same concept of don't let great be the enemy of good. This younger liberal generation is very passionate and that's wonderful but they need to understand that change happens gradually, not in one big sweeping reform. Basically anyone who isn't "all in" so to speak become traitors to the cause or whatever and it actually slows down progress. Take AOC for example - I actually really like her but she's a little guilty of falling into this trap at times.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

No one is asking citizens to do so....many citizens just aren't waiting around until its too late to defend themselves and their families...and those citizens are not the ones that advertise they are gun owners.
    Right, that's the narrative not necessarily the reality. If there's one overall lesson we should be learning, regardless of where a person falls on the political spectrum, is liberal democracy doesn't come easy and should not be taken for granted. It's a mess but so far no one has been able to come up with a better path.

If I’m not mistaken, the “defund the police” heavy thinkers are older than most of us. But they’re POC.

I'm not sure if new information came to light but the story from the beginning has been a 3 or 4 person Border Patrol Tactical Unit (BORTAC) team, not just one guy, led the breach into the classroom with the shooter after Texas police officers delayed confronting the shooter themselves?

The cops keep changing their story so you might be right. I'm only asking because it seems like the only part of the story that hasn't changed is after local dithering federal agents acted on their own volition to go in after the shooter.
    I might be wrong too. Like you said they keep changing their story so much who knows what it actually is.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

The 2a armed citizen(s) were killing school kids not defending them.

How is that working out?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

I don't think it was forgotten. I think the protests and calls to defund the police nearly cost Democrats the House and caused a lot of elections to be closer than they otherwise would have been. Being "pro-cop" shouldn't mean asking citizens to become more like cops, and cops to become more like soldiers.

People are rightly horrified by the cops behavior in Uvalde. But cops are not soldiers, whereas the team that neutralized a shooter armed with ARs essentially are soldiers.
    respectfully, No.
    I have a great friend who was Border Patrol -
    That is Not / is not supposed to be combat.

Too much of our culture wants to equate to combat. 'battle'. 'war'. No.

soldier face combat.

police are not soldiers, But they have a duty and a Responsibility.

I am Not suggesting that any police who did not act become a security guard - that is not different work.
    ( deliver newspapers, flip burgers, herd cats. That's different work --

enlist. Maybe as a soldier they could figure-out what they should be doing. Because they areN't police officers.

Dang. )

enough. for now. tj

^we’ll never really know. Police are proven liars and local news agencies are their stenographers printing every word they say without follow up questions or corroboration.

Good read on the “pro-life” state.

https://www.texasmonthly.com/news-po...alde-shooting/

respectfully, No.
    I have a great friend who was Border Patrol -
    That is Not / is not supposed to be combat.

Too much of our culture wants to equate to combat. 'battle'. 'war'. No.

soldier face combat.

police are not soldiers, But they have a duty and a Responsibility.

I am Not suggesting that any police who did not act become a security guard - that is not different work.
    ( deliver newspapers, flip burgers, herd cats. That's different work --

enlist. Maybe as a soldier they could figure-out what they should be doing. Because they areN't police officers.

Dang. )

enough. for now. tj
    I think we're mostly in agreement. These BORTAC guys however are not just regular Border Patrol agents. They're highly trained, highly capable. They are headquartered and trained at Fort Bliss U.S. Army base in El Paso, Texas. One of their main missions is to respond to terrorist threats. They conduct narcotics operations overseas. They supported the military mission in Afghanistan. Stateside, they routinely breach buildings during drugs raids, etc.