• Prison Time for gun owners who lose or have their gun stolen

30 19.23%
  • Background checks and a waiting period for 100% of transactions

119 76.28%
  • No semiautomatic anythings...

60 38.46%
  • Tax gun sales with additional fee to go to mental health

70 44.87%
  • Register ALL firearms and require insurance (car analogy)

101 64.74%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 8 of 295 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Asking for data is rhetoric? Fuck off Leroy.

A ponderer - if guns are so safe, why does the NRA ban them from their conference?

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    We're caught in a vicious cycle of "I want to have an arsenal capable of committing mass mayhem because that other guy/gal (or the gubbermint) has an arsenal and I don't trust "them".
    Mutual Assured Destruction for the individual.

Summer keeping it real. To the assholes that would argue against Australia's example, please go drowned yourself

Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    Coming to a school near you, sooner or later...

As a dad with 2 elementary school age kids, this hits hard.

KSAT San Antonio: 15 killed in shooting at Uvalde elementary school; gunman dead, Gov. Abbott says.
    https://www.ksat.com/news/local/2022...district-says/
    Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    They are just little kids. 7 to 10 years old. Sick society that can't even take basic steps to keep their children safe.
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    I'm reminded by President Obama's feelings after Sandy Hook:

We have to do better than this.
    I've got an elementary age kid, and I can't get past more than the first few posts in this thread without becoming overwhelmed by what those poor children must have felt as this most heinous event unfurled upon them. I'm just sick.

Sick for them.

Sick for their families.

I hate all of this.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I don't think children should have to attend schools that are completely locked down with armed guards. That's not school, that's jail.
    Especially if the kids aren't protected from the cops preying on them. That is more likely and will hurt more kids overall.

We imprison a far larger portion of our population than any other developed country. That often starts be involving them in the system before they even turn 18. Cops in schools searching bags is not unequivocally good, neither is banning guns, or hardly anything else. But everyone these days has their ego attached to their favorite most radical ideas and refuses to discuss them or view them as anything other than unequivocally good, because there is just 'no reason' to oppose them.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post

A ponderer - if guns are so safe, why does the NRA ban them from their conference?
    Or at the GQP conventions? Should be some 'good guys' there, no?
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Summer keeping it real. To the assholes that would argue against Australia's example, please go drowned yourself
    More likely to die (and take out family with them) by bullets from our own guns than drown or shoot an actual bad guy with the gun. I also fall in to that demographic, but 100% behind all of us giving up all of it together. Then put away anyone/everyone for a VERY long time who doesn't comply. Eventually the criminals and crazy people will have fewer high body count options to use in crimes or other mayhem
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

You didn't provide data you provided rhetoric, while defending viewing only your rhetoric as valid.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

If only there was something we could do...

Don’t forget the teachers who were killed. And how traumatizing it must be for teachers everywhere who go to work everyday wondering if their school is next.
    This is freedom? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    You didn't provide data you provided rhetoric, while defending viewing only your rhetoric as valid.
    We are discussing an event with over 20 dead and stats around school and mass shootings are easily available. You vaguely discuss "reasons" without naming one and have nothing to back it included either. Balls in your court fuckboy, or are you going to play deflection all day while saying nothing of value? If so, just stop posting, half the people here have you on ignore.

It's absolutely bonzo nutso mondo dysfunctional to defend semiauto or auto weapons in the light of the murder of 19 little kids. Any of you doing so are worthless and sick.

The priority is Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, not fetishist arsenals.

Buyback and meltdown.

Every other country in the world has this figured out. If the USA is the best in the world, why do we not figure this shit out.

Programmes of violence,
    As entertainment,
    Brings the disease into your room.
    We know the germ,
    Which is man-made in metal,
    Is really a key to your own tomb.
    Prevention is better than cure,
    Bad apples affecting the pure,
    You'll gather your senses I'm sure
    Then agree to,
    Melt the guns,
    Melt the guns,
    Melt the guns,
    And never more to fire them.
    Melt the guns,
    Melt the guns,
    Melt the guns,
    And never more desire them.
    Children will want them,
    Mothers supply them,
    As long as your killers are heroes.
    And all the media
    Will fiddle while Rome burns,
    Acting like modern-time Neros.
    Prevention is better than cure,
    Bad apples affecting the pure,
    You'll gather your senses I'm sure
    Then agree to,
    Melt the guns,
    Melt the guns,
    Melt the guns,
    Melt the guns,
    Melt the guns,
    Melt the guns,
    I'm speaking to the Justice League of America.
    The you S of A,
    Hey you,
    Yes you in particular!
    When it comes to the judgement day and you're standing at the gates with your weaponry,
    You dead go down on one knee,
    Clasp your hands in prayer and start quoting me,
    'cause we say...
    Our father we've managed to contain the epidemic in one place, now,
    Let's hope they shoot themselves instead of others,
    Help to civilize the race now.
    We've trapped the cause of the plague,
    In the land of the free and the home of the brave.
    If we listen quietly we can hear them shooting from grave to grave.
    You ought to,
    Melt the guns,
    Melt the guns,
    Melt the guns,
    Melt the guns,
    Melt the guns,
    Melt the guns,

Songwriters: Andy Partridge

Please stop quoting those tgr elements with nothing to offer.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    We're caught in a vicious cycle of "I want to have an arsenal capable of committing mass mayhem because that other guy/gal (or the gubbermint) has an arsenal and I don't trust "them". Leaving the decision to folks at the individual level will always result in "sure, just in case, even if I don't really need it now" mentality. We need our representatives to decide together FOR SOCIETY what's best for civilized society instead of what's most likely to stuff their campaign coffers and get them re elected. This holds true for the big pharm and big energy issues as well..
    The Prepper mentality was an object of derision for years, but has become somewhat mainstream. Since it dovetails so well with consumerism and political manipulation, it’s hard to stop.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2072A895-33AA-4AA1-84BD-1217CBF68605.jpeg 
Views:	56 
Size:	501.1 KB 
ID:	417358

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    It's absolutely bonzo nutso mondo dysfunctional to defend semiauto or auto weapons in the light of the murder of 19 little kids. Any of you doing so are worthless and sick.

The priority is Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, not fetishist arsenals.

Buyback and meltdown.

Every other country in the world has this figured out. If the USA is the best in the world, why do we not figure this shit out.

Please stop quoting those tgr elements with nothing to offer.
    Send them to Afghanistan and maybe even our own military stockpiles.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by oldnew_guy View Post
    The US by most metrics is not best at anything.
    We've got to be near the top in both guns owned and obesity. Yeehaw!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2022-05-25 at 08-26-50 A Bad Night for Trump's Big Lie.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	450.2 KB 
ID:	417359

Nothing will change as long as these assholes have power.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    The current strategy seems to be working great. Well done.
    Stay stupid, looks god on you.
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

We are discussing an event with over 20 dead and stats around school and mass shootings are easily available. You vaguely discuss "reasons" without naming one and have nothing to back it included either. Balls in your court fuckboy, or are you going to play deflection all day while saying nothing of value? If so, just stop posting, half the people here have you on ignore.
    Millions dead in ethnic cleansings of unarmed populations speak for themselves. You'd be aware of this if you could admit there is any valididty to opposing viewpoints.

People who cannot see any validity in opposing viewpoints are their own problem. No no no, no one can disagree with me without me saying they're crazy or stupid or brainwashed etc.

You guys just want an emotionally gratifying echo chamber to cope with your emotions. Carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    Australia Enjoys Another Peaceful Day Under Oppressive Gun Control Regime

Due to the nation’s controversial and oppressive gun restrictions, no one has died as a result of a mass-shooting from an automatic or semi-automatic weapon on Australian soil today for the 9,523rd day in a row.

North Betoota cinema attendant, Christina Upton can’t believe it has been a whole 26 years and 30 days since a heavily armed white Australian male decided to shoot at a crowd of unsuspecting Australian civilians for no reason.

She says the peaceful two decades that have followed are “probably” because the Australian government decided to strip her of a God-given right to own projectile weaponry capable of shooting down helicopters.

“Yeah, I mean the Yanks come across as sick people. This year there have been more mass shootings in America than calendar dates… but it wasn’t that long ago that Australia had postal workers holding their entire office hostage with AR-15s."

Ms Upton, who claims to be able to walk freely outside of her home without fear of being killed by a mass shooter, believes that God-given rights probably play a bigger role in America’s mass shootings than Americans think.

“I don’t think America should be so hard on itself about the mental state of thousands of lonely white losers. We have those people too,”

“…just in our country those people don’t have access to Russian-made automatic assault rifles that have been invented purely to help military personnel win wars."

“If I was in America, I’d be terrified of working in a cinema – for fear that one of these losers would use their God-given rights to murder me in cold blood."

Local Betoota cop, Rick, says that this is because idiots have a harder time getting their hands on machine guns than criminals.

“I think America needs to realise that it’s not really the criminals and gangsters you need to worry about as such. I’d be more concerned about the indoor types.”

“Criminals use guns to help their efforts in making money through crime – they have much less interest in killing you for the sake of it,”

“Weirdos use guns to shoot up medical centres and elementary schools for no reason other than the fact that they want to use their God-given rights,”

“In Australia our weirdos are forced to write stern letters to newspaper editors and politicians."
    This post merits being bumped for at least a couple of pages --

Please, breathe Deep, AD -

making schools Safer by restricting access is a leap from putting them on "lockdown" .

I have entered the courthouse(s) scores of times in the last five years - always Only through a single public entry point.
    Airport security is a similar example --

there are a couple of naysayers who dismiss school security / restricted access -
    it ain't going to happen overnight, And it is going to be harder now as schools have become the arena for fighting about covid...

restricting access to promote Safety is not "lockdown" ;
    I also support measures to restrict access to firearms - especially firearms that are designed to kill people.

... peace, my friends. tj

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    I have a 7 year old. So innocent and happy.

Such a loss and I’m nauseous knowing nothing will ever change.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    It's just gut wrenching. My twins are now young teens. I distinctly remember discussions with my kids when they were 7, 8 and 9 regarding school shootings prompted by my daughter's questions. Yesterday my 13 yr old son said "Why would anyone go after little kids, they are 6, 8 or 10. What did they ever do to anybody?"

As a parent it seems surreal to even have to consider these possibilities.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Cisco Kid View Post
    Stay stupid, looks god on you.
    Keep posting on TGR. Should see gun control any day now.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

I'll leave one thought then I'm going outside.

Civil liberties are under assault. If you don't like roe vs wade being overturned, you shouldn't support an assault on other civil liberties. We need to stop arguing about which parts of the bill of rights to prioritize and form unity about prioritizing all of them over division.

Carry on with your echo chamber though.

Quote Originally Posted by BC13 View Post
    It's just gut wrenching. My twins are now young teens. I distinctly remember discussions with my kids when they were 7, 8 and 9 regarding school shootings prompted by my daughter's questions. Yesterday my 13 yr old son said "Why would anyone go after little kids, they are 6, 8 or 10. What did they ever do to anybody?"

As a parent it seems surreal to even have to consider these possibilities.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Is it unique in history?

Why would someone kill 11 million men women and children? I'm sorry you had to have that conversation but someone had to have that conversation with Anne Frank too.

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    You guys just want an emotionally gratifying echo chamber to cope with your emotions. Carry on.
    What the fuck do you expect? Less than 24 hours out of the senseless horrific and tragic murders of 19 young children and a teacher at school, everyone is just going to turn off their emotions and focus on a cold, rationale, reasonable, and achievable gun policy in a left leaning internet forum?

Most everyone knows you you struggle with understanding how most humans react and interact. This is a reminder to you of your blindness.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by skiJ View Post
    Please, breathe Deep, AD -

making schools Safer by restricting access is a leap from putting them on "lockdown" .

I have entered the courthouse(s) scores of times in the last five years - always Only through a single public entry point.
    Airport security is a similar example --

there are a couple of naysayers who dismiss school security / restricted access -
    it ain't going to happen overnight, And it is going to be harder now as schools have become the arena for fighting about covid...

restricting access to promote Safety is not "lockdown" ;
    This is the original post I was responding to:
    Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp
    Turn our schools into high security facilities and take away the soft targets. Same as getting into a federal building or prison, pentagon, etc.
    And I don't agree with it. Sure, lock the doors and restrict access, but I'm not onboard with making security at schools on par with The Pentagon or prisons. And my overall point is this is simply a band aid that does not address the root problem. We need a solution on par with what Australia has done to really address the problem. I'm nearly certain that will never happen and that's sad to me.