• Prison Time for gun owners who lose or have their gun stolen

30 19.23%
  • Background checks and a waiting period for 100% of transactions

119 76.28%
  • No semiautomatic anythings...

60 38.46%
  • Tax gun sales with additional fee to go to mental health

70 44.87%
  • Register ALL firearms and require insurance (car analogy)

101 64.74%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 125 of 295 FirstFirst ... 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 ... LastLast
Results 3,101 to 3,125 of 7374
    More locked doors around these parades would prevent this type of shooting. It's not the guns, it's the doors people. More locked doors! Wake up!!

Quote Originally Posted by Crusty View Post
    That's a great point and why the US will never address this problem. There were hundreds of people at the parade and only 6 of them died. Not worth impinging our precious personal freedumbs when almost no-one is killed by mass shootings.
    Statistically, you're right--mass shootings alone aren't a good reason to restrict our rights.

Total gun deaths, and even total gun homicide numbers, are good reasons for more regulation of firearms, and we have data that proves that our approach doesn't work well. But most of the media attention in the national scene is on the relatively small number of very scary events, not the relatively large number of events that seem more mundane to society as a whole (obviously a lot less mundane when one of those events affects you or people you care about directly).

Analogously, the number of school bus vs train collisions is tiny, as is the number of kids hurt or killed in them. The number of kids hurt or killed in everyday car crashes is far higher, but every bus vs train collision makes the news, so we have lots of procedures and regulations around driving school busses across train tracks.

Sent from my SM-G892A using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusBrody View Post
    One of my friends/former students was at the parade today. She had gone to McDonalds two blocks away when the shooting started, but her boyfriend and some family were on the block where it happened.

Generally of the camp that it is shameful that the US hasn't dealt with this problem but I'm not personally nervous about mass shootings as the odds of being near one aren't high. This really hammered home how that a small probability is still a chance for people I care about.
    What are the odds of being on a plane that gets hijacked? Doesn't "shall not be infringed" apply to domestic air travel as well? If I can carry a gun to McDonalds I should be able to carry a gun through the airport and on the plane amirite?

However, that's "well regulated". I might even have to take off my shoes and get strip searched before I can get on the plane.. Humm..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    What are the odds of being on a plane that gets hijacked? Doesn't "shall not be infringed" apply to domestic air travel as well? If I can carry a gun to McDonalds I should be able to carry a gun through the airport and on the plane amirite?

However, that's "well regulated". I might even have to take off my shoes and get strip searched before I can get on the plane.. Humm..
    Cavity search for you.

Police reporting that it was yet another legally obtained gun.

How could this keep happening?
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Since semiautomatic weapons, like abortion, are not explicitly specified in the Constitution, the same logic should apply.
    Ban the fucking things.
    +1

i haven't seen it posted in this thread, so I will add the suspected shooter had a fascination with mass shooting events and hosted a chat server to discuss.

it is really sad.

I come from a culture where semi autos are a normal hunting weapon. The assault weapon ban not affecting all semi autos is complicated. I really think it is a clip size issue. However, when I rationally think about all semi auto weapons, it seems to me their banning is required.

You can hunt with a bolt action or a lever action/ pump long gun. you can use a wheel gun as a pistol.

The devastating power of pulling a trigger as quickly as possible is to apparent to ignore. Times have changed and semi autos are too deadly. Semi autos with large clips are absurd

and again the gun issue is really a rural versus urban mindset. mass shootings are not as big an issue as that of suicide, family violence and urban violence

regarding the second amendment, the supremes changed everything with Heller. I find it disturbing that the originalists have reinterpreted the second amendment from the original meaning of the framers.

The law Heller over turned was ridiculous but that was what DC thought it needed at the time because of all the gun violence. The recent ruling over NY's carry law is similar. It over turns a 100 year old law. Again, because people carrying pistols concealed in NY a 100 years led to carnage
    Last edited by DBdude; 07-05-2022 at 10:34 AM.

3, 2, 1… someone will be by shortly to invalidate your entire post because of your use of the term clip. And it’s unfortunate.

Quote Originally Posted by ex-powderbroker View Post
    Police reporting that it was yet another legally obtained gun.

How could this keep happening?
    Two guns. He had a second in his car.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post

Oh I'm totally for substantial regulation of firearms for reasons including, but not at all exclusive to, mass shootings. I just don't tend to worry about them as a personal threat due to their randomness and low probability of affecting me. That doesn't mean I don't think they should be addressed.

exactly

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    Vayase a chupar la polla de champiñon de su señor.
    Is it true that you guys have code names for us?
    Yes, Mr President
    So what was Obama's?
    "Renegade"
    And Bill's?
    "Eagle"
    Hillary's should 'jailbird'
    Well, sir, it's already Evergreen
    What's mine?
    Señor Champiñon, sir
    The champion, I like that

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    Two guns. He had a second in his car.
    what are the odds it was left unlocked?

my favorite vermont gun story i witnessed

A guy getting out of a lifted truck at the Cumby in Wallingford has a semi auto pistol skitter out of his truck or pants and hit the ground and bounce around

dbdude - you know they can go off like that

oy

Name:  propagenda.jpg
Views: 370
Size:  145.4 KB

Everyone thinks one of those headlines is propaganda.

People get shot every day in Philly.

Highland park, not so much.

Just watched an interview with the mayor. I forgot I know her. 7 degrees of bacon assault weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    3, 2, 1… someone will be by shortly to invalidate your entire post because of your use of the term clip. And it’s unfortunate.
    That's just a defense mechanism. Like when you can't think of anything substantive, you go full rigor pedant on nomenclature like it matters more than anything else. ..By the time you're finished, you dun forgot what had you feelin so defensive in the first place. Thanks Obama!

If only there was something we could do...

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    “I do not want any more officers to be spray-gunned to death by street punks armed with high-tech killing machines.”

BWAAAAHAAAAHAAAAHAAAHAAAHAAAAHAAAA???!?!?!?!?!?! back then, he was actually serious. His cop brain was like "we need the cool guns, not them n-words and burrito filling gangster "Geez." "this is 1989, we can gun the crackies down in to submission." Fuck 1989. "I think I saw an 'URBAN' individual, imagine if he'd had a gun?!" The only thing that separates a POC from a 'Street Punk' is a gun, just a bunch of "street punks" waiting to happen. He's the street punk.

Driving tanks down the streets. Kicking people's doors in while looking for "something" or "somebody" and then just killing the people inside. Massive round ups of innocent blacks with his fucking kristalnacht “gang sweeps” plus an actual massive uniformed narco gang Like S. America style corruption? Waving fucking machine guns in peoples fucking faces, and the citizens are the "street punks?" this fascist can fuck right the fuck off. He was a relic when he testified in 89.Not to mention, he was chief when his stormtroopers beat the ever loving shit out of rodney king. They were so lucky he didn't have a gun, oh maybe they thought he had one.

Me, I dont want officers spray gunning to death citizens whom they've deemed to be street punks.

ETAA: not discounting the article in any way, but fuck that former chief he was a fascist.
    Last edited by Jong Lafitte; 07-05-2022 at 12:31 PM.
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Name:  propagenda.jpg
Views: 370
Size:  145.4 KB

Everyone thinks one of those headlines is propaganda.

At a 4th of July parade, only police should have guns. Obviously doesn't happen that way, but really and truly that's what I'd prefer. It would be not only better, but a lot better, if things were like that.

Yes, Mr President
    So what was Obama's?
    "Renegade"
    And Bill's?
    "Eagle"
    What's mine?
    Señor Champiñon, sir
    Bahahahahahaha.

If only there was something we could do...

Uh oh, Police visited this guy in Sept and confiscated a dozen knives after he made threats.

Then he was allowed to buy 5 firearms.

In illinois you cannot buy a gun without a F.O.I.D card. You have to apply for that ID.

Sept, 2019, family members called cops because this guy threatened to kill them all. And earlier that yr he threatened suicide.

I assume he applied for, and was issued his FOID card after, because he was not 18 then.

Wow, major fuck up.

Yes, Mr President
    So what was Obama's?
    "Renegade"
    And Bill's?
    "Eagle"
    What's mine?
    Señor Champiñon, sir
    This, sir, is fucking GOLD. Thank you. Genuinely.

Listen you bugle-headed morons. I have zero problems with putting whack jobs on the NICS list. Do a manifesto, hit the list. Youtube your fetish, hit the list.

This guy hit more red flag buttons than you can count, and nothing was done.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Quote Originally Posted by TNKen View Post
    Listen you bugle-headed morons. I have zero problems with putting whack jobs on the NICS list. Do a manifesto, hit the list. Youtube your fetish, hit the list.

This guy hit more red flag buttons than you can count, and nothing was done.
    Kenny, that’s the problem. Laws don’t work in America. They took his samurai swords after his family called the cops and said he threatened to kill them all, then gave him a FOID card.

We’re out of options. More stupid laws written by ignorant people obviously does not work. But you knew that.

So someone sponsored this guy when he applied for his FOID card, because he was not 21. Either a parent or legal guardian.