• Prison Time for gun owners who lose or have their gun stolen

30 19.23%
  • Background checks and a waiting period for 100% of transactions

119 76.28%
  • No semiautomatic anythings...

60 38.46%
  • Tax gun sales with additional fee to go to mental health

70 44.87%
  • Register ALL firearms and require insurance (car analogy)

101 64.74%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 91 of 295 FirstFirst ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,275 of 7373
    Quote Originally Posted by ex-powderbroker View Post
    Gun deaths per capita

Missouri (21.5 per 100k people)
    California (7.5 per 100k people)
    Maybe because the CHP is only selling their guns out of state?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    Maybe because the CHP is only selling their guns out of state?

Built the year before catalytic converters, so it shoots good on regulah brAss.

If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Wild guess. but I'd lay odds that 80% of those fire sale items are being snapped up by the cops themselves. It would be bad optics for them to just get to take them home so they have these clearance events and share that info with other departments so it's mostly them (and a few of their friends who got a heads up of the event) taking that hardware home after all is said and done..

All ties back to the problem of white supremacists killin in the name of..

Some depts give them a choice, but know that when most depts ditched the 40 cal in the last 5 yrs 10,000’s of Glock 22’s were sold online. As low as $250 bucks. They had piles of them everywhere. Until Covid.

Who needs a lightly used police AR?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1654896528.364307.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	298.9 KB 
ID:	418557

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    Who needs a lightly used police AR?

Name:	Image1654896528.364307.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	298.9 KB 
ID:	418557

Not the Ulvade police department.

Aren’t those just back door bonuses for cops? Sell them their old gun back at bargain prices?

^it’s also a dipshit way of ensuring job security!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    That's not accurate. I showed a AR with a arm brace and one with a stock. It illustrated the stupidity of the short barrel rifle law and these are the same people trusted to make more laws.

People calling for the banning of fully automatic weapons are who I called ignorant.
    I'll grant the pass. Post is here: https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...96#post6622196

It was during (or posted again) during one of your rants how no one here understands the current gun laws (which could be true - compared to dealers and enthusiasts). So I'm sticking with that this was part of the same sort of argument.

As far as I'm concerned, the law is attempting to be overly accommodating to gun owners thus allowing these nuanced conditions. A more explicitly delineated law - say capturing hard rules on stock / length / autoloading capabilities...probably is going to net a lot more guns under regulation. Bottom line: deference to gun interests made these laws somewhat nonsensical or easy to subvert.

Its not accurate. That's why I said so.
    Ok fair enough I’ll edit my otherwise uncontested post:

“That was not accurate for that particular post - but don’t turn all cowardly here and pretend you didn’t state that TGR mags/the general public needs to know the minutiae before asking for laws to help lessen the risk of grade 4 kids getting mass murdered at school. You know just in case they ask for something wrong and all of a sudden grease guns get included in the law.”

Let's allow anyone/everyone who isn't already a CONVICTED felon the ability to quickly and easily procure a massive arsenal deadly enough to commit mass mayhem with zero warning..

What could possibly go wrong???

Love how I keep posting this over and over and not a whisper from ammosexuals

pew pew pew!
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Even the fucking Canadien Mounties are dumping their police guns here!

Name:	Image1654944256.174935.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	350.2 KB 
ID:	418590

Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    Coming to a school near you, sooner or later...

As a dad with 2 elementary school age kids, this hits hard.

KSAT San Antonio: 15 killed in shooting at Uvalde elementary school; gunman dead, Gov. Abbott says.
    https://www.ksat.com/news/local/2022...district-says/
    the OP ^^^

https://www.kitv.com/news/crime/a-ma...0c9570d56.html

"He tried to open at least two doors leading into the school," Reddick said.
    "This is Gadsden. A small-knit community. You don't think that something like this is going to happen at your school," he added.

Praising the work of the school resource officer, Horton also highlighted the work the district has done in light of the shooting in Uvalde, Texas.

"Our schools, especially after ... what's happened in Texas, we have one of the largest school resource officers programs in Etowah County, preaching that these doors stay locked. That the individual was not able to make it inside the school," he said.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    Australia Enjoys Another Peaceful Day Under Oppressive Gun Control Regime

Due to the nation’s controversial and oppressive gun restrictions, no one has died as a result of a mass-shooting from an automatic or semi-automatic weapon on Australian soil today for the 9,523rd day in a row.

North Betoota cinema attendant, Christina Upton can’t believe it has been a whole 26 years and 30 days since a heavily armed white Australian male decided to shoot at a crowd of unsuspecting Australian civilians for no reason.

She says the peaceful two decades that have followed are “probably” because the Australian government decided to strip her of a God-given right to own projectile weaponry capable of shooting down helicopters.

“Yeah, I mean the Yanks come across as sick people. This year there have been more mass shootings in America than calendar dates… but it wasn’t that long ago that Australia had postal workers holding their entire office hostage with AR-15s."

Ms Upton, who claims to be able to walk freely outside of her home without fear of being killed by a mass shooter, believes that God-given rights probably play a bigger role in America’s mass shootings than Americans think.

“I don’t think America should be so hard on itself about the mental state of thousands of lonely white losers. We have those people too,”

“…just in our country those people don’t have access to Russian-made automatic assault rifles that have been invented purely to help military personnel win wars."

“If I was in America, I’d be terrified of working in a cinema – for fear that one of these losers would use their God-given rights to murder me in cold blood."

Local Betoota cop, Rick, says that this is because idiots have a harder time getting their hands on machine guns than criminals.

“I think America needs to realise that it’s not really the criminals and gangsters you need to worry about as such. I’d be more concerned about the indoor types.”

“Criminals use guns to help their efforts in making money through crime – they have much less interest in killing you for the sake of it,”

“Weirdos use guns to shoot up medical centres and elementary schools for no reason other than the fact that they want to use their God-given rights,”

“In Australia our weirdos are forced to write stern letters to newspaper editors and politicians."
    I was looking for the post that says simply,

' these killings are the price we pay for the gun culture we have chosen '

but Summer's post makes a good point --

I hope you have a good weekend. tj

That’s called an anecdote

Here’s facts about the efficacy of “school resource officers”

^^^
    In a news release, ALEA said that the individual was seen trying to make forcible entry into a marked Rainbow City patrol vehicle near the school. A resource officer made contact with the individual and attempted to stop him, the release said.

An altercation ensued in which the individual attempted to take the officer's firearm. The officer was able to call for backup and a responding officer shot the individual who was pronounced dead at the scene, according to the release. It is not known if the suspect was armed.
    So some nutjob tried to gain entry to a school that was closed for the summer and had a small gathering taking place of 34 students.

What in the fuck does that story have to do with anything in regards to firearm safety except that a SRO shot and killed a guy.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

I’m assuming in that story that the bad guy didn’t have a gun because he tried to take the SRO’s gun. Maybe I’m wrong in my assumption. But doesn’t that say that bad guy without gun tried to do bad stuff at a school and no one but the bad guy was hurt/killed?

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    ^^^small gathering taking place of 34 students.
    My bad. Didn't realize it was a small gathering of 34 kids.

Disregard.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

My bad. Didn't realize it was a small gathering of 34 kids.

Disregard.
    You should read more than headlines, the facts are usually contained in the text.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    You should read more than headlines, the facts are usually contained in the text.

I was being sarcastic. 34 or 340 really shouldn't matter.

Doors were locked. Crazy person didn't get inside. Seems pretty clear to me.

If you think there are a lot of guns in the US, you should try counting the number of doors that will need to be locked and policed.

Doors were locked. Unarmed Crazy person didn't get inside. Seems pretty clear to me.
    FIFY
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    FIFY
    The guy that tried to take a cops gun and got shot. Seems harmless.

If I were a gambling man, I would bet that guns aren't going anywhere (see 400+ million in the US)... Might as well lock the doors right?

Or get training from Tier 1 military.

what tier is it when you gotta do scullery duty? cause that's my tier...