• Prison Time for gun owners who lose or have their gun stolen

30 19.23%
  • Background checks and a waiting period for 100% of transactions

119 76.28%
  • No semiautomatic anythings...

60 38.46%
  • Tax gun sales with additional fee to go to mental health

70 44.87%
  • Register ALL firearms and require insurance (car analogy)

101 64.74%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 119 of 295 FirstFirst ... 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 ... LastLast
Results 2,951 to 2,975 of 7373
    Quote Originally Posted by TNKen View Post
    So, can I buy a drone off the shelf, and fly them without a license or registering them? How big is the blackmarket drone world? A quick google search recognizes it is apparently pretty large. How big is the enforcement team on drones? Looks like the FAA is really into its drone laws.

“According to FAA’s data, from June 7, 2007 through May 2, 2018 the agency took 420 compliance actions, 49 administrative actions, and 49 enforcement actions against small UAS users; the data do not distinguish between recreational and commercial users,” says the report.
    How many people have died in the Untied States from suicide by drone, accidental droning, or murder with a drone? I really don’t know. I tried many different search terms and can’t find a single case. Maybe I’m shitty at Google. Maybe the stricter than gun drone regulations are working. Maybe your whataboutism is tiresome.

But since we’re going there to prove a point with shitty examples, the US military has some drones designed specifically to fuck up the enemy. Some might call them weapons of war. They kill a lot of people efficiently. Normal US citizens can’t access them here due to cost, access, and laws. Yeah, military contractors won’t sell these weapons to average folks. Haven’t seen any child deaths due to mass dronings with a weapon originally designed to be used against an enemy in time of war.

The ArmaLite AR-15 was designed to be a lightweight rifle and to fire a new high-velocity, lightweight, small-caliber cartridge to allow infantrymen to carry more ammunition. In 1959, ArmaLite sold its rights to the AR-15 to Colt due to financial difficulties and limitations in terms of manpower and production capacity. Colt rebranded it the Colt 601, however it still carried the Armalite markings due to contractual obligations to Armalite/Fairchild Aircraft Co. Colt marketed the redesigned rifle to various military services around the world and was eventually adopted by the U.S. military in January 1962
    Personally, I can’t wait for Northrop Grumman to trickle down a civilian Firebird. You know, for home protection.

so much for being able to regulate guns (heller)

Drones? Guns left in cars? Reading this thread is making me stupider.

4000 guns stolen out of cars a year. The thread isn't stupid, Americans are.

(well, some of the thread anyway)
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

4000 sounds low to me.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Drones? Guns left in cars? Reading this thread is making me stupider.
    When I was younger it was nothing to see a truck with the windows down and a couple rifles in a gun rack. Every fuckin truck in town had loaded guns in plain sight. And nobody was stealing them. Guns have not changed for decades. People have.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    When I was younger it was nothing to see a truck with the windows down and a couple rifles in a gun rack. Every fuckin truck in town had loaded guns in plain sight. And nobody was stealing them. Guns have not changed for decades. People have.
    And therefore so should laws and regulations.

You will not out logic some folks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Well, I'm not allowed to delete this post, but, I can say, go fuck yourselves, everybody!

Quote Originally Posted by ex-powderbroker View Post
    4000 guns stolen out of cars a year. The thread isn't stupid, Americans are.

(well, some of the thread anyway)
    I meant arguing about it, but yeah, ‘Mericuh.

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    109 year old NY gun law struck down by SCOTUS. Progress, right?
    I am sure most won't see it this way...but it was a bad law. Living in a place like current day NYC should be sufficient reason for a law abiding citizens that passes all the necessary back ground checks to be granted a conceal carry permit.

https://www1.nyc.gov/site/nypd/news/...ics-march-2022

If they would of applied the law in a more rational way instead of using it as a hammer to deny the majority of applicants, it probably never would of been challenged.

Does NYC require passing a safety class to be granted a CCP like Colorado does?
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

In anticipation of magazine legislation, I have done my part to help MagPul make payroll this week.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Thank you for being the barrier between the constitution and tyrants. We appreciate your service.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Well, I'm not allowed to delete this post, but, I can say, go fuck yourselves, everybody!

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    How many people have died in the Untied States from suicide by drone, accidental droning, or murder with a drone? I really don’t know. I tried many different search terms and can’t find a single case. Maybe I’m shitty at Google. Maybe the stricter than gun drone regulations are working. Maybe your whataboutism is tiresome.

But since we’re going there to prove a point with shitty examples, the US military has some drones designed specifically to fuck up the enemy. Some might call them weapons of war. They kill a lot of people efficiently. Normal US citizens can’t access them here due to cost, access, and laws. Yeah, military contractors won’t sell these weapons to average folks. Haven’t seen any child deaths due to mass dronings with a weapon originally designed to be used against an enemy in time of war.

Personally, I can’t wait for Northrop Grumman to trickle down a civilian Firebird. You know, for home protection.
    Need better development in the AI. But sure we will have home centry drones. Armed? Long as you have the right signage on your property?
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Don’t we already have a bunch of drone laws and license requirements? Or is that just Nevada?

I do know Uncle Sam can fuck with drones at will
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

And what was the rule in shooting drones over your private property? I saw something about that but never saw how it turned out in court
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    I am sure most won't see it this way...but it was a bad law. Living in a place like current day NYC should be sufficient reason for a law abiding citizens that passes all the necessary back ground checks to be granted a conceal carry permit.

If they would of applied the law in a more rational way instead of using it as a hammer to deny the majority of applicants, it probably never would of been challenged.

lies and uninformed

Quote Originally Posted by ex-powderbroker View Post
    lies and uniformed
    Lies I tell you....lies! This uniform gives me more leeway.
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Lies I tell you....lies! This uniform gives me more leeway.
    dude, you keep repeating things that are not based in fact. and if you wanted to read the rules about the permit process it is beyond easy to look it up. you think this is a bad law based on what? it stood for over 100 years and NY is much safer than the average state.

This is nothing other than the supreme court representing partisan interests over a functioning society, but keep talking out of your ass and sending your kids to school with bulletproof backpacks and whatnot.

Quote Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
    You keep trying to pick at this like it’s some character flaw. I won’t apologize for fights I’ve been in standing up for myself or part of the job
    This thread is a cesspool but I feel obligated to point out that Bobby directly asked you about fights you've been in and you gave him a direct answer. He solicited his eventual insult vs. you just injecting rando.

Whelp so much for assuming that SCOTUS justices actually read The Constitution.. And so much for the notion of State's Rights, especially the security of the free State..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    Thank you for being the barrier between the constitution and tyrants. We appreciate your service.
    The pistol I just bought comes with 3 20 rounomags. I ordered 2 more 22 round magazines. Need lots of magazines for comps
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Whelp so much for assuming that SCOTUS justices actually read The Constitution.. And so much for the notion of State's Rights, especially the security of the free State..
    I guess after they were able to apply cognitive dissonance to their interpretation of the 2nd amendment in 2008 this was just a matter of time.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    That's my take as well. 109 years, good run. Gretch, it was a NY State law, not NYC law.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

I lived and worked in that area for a decade. If you really believe that more guns (even after a cheesy 4 hour video and a few minutes of range time) will make any part of NYC safer I vehemently disagree with you. All that goes out the window after a couple drinks and something makes someone angry..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

I am sure most won't see it this way
    you are right - most don't...why do they not have a say in maintaining a civil society?
    ...but it was a bad law. Living in a place like current day NYC should be sufficient reason for a law abiding citizens that passes all the necessary back ground checks to be granted a conceal carry permit.
    spoken like a fearful & water-carrying, fear-mongering (perhaps unknowing) gun industry supporter
    this law was exactly the kind of gun regulation needed everywhere to allow guns where needed & not just any/everywhere

the decision today was another step on the already slippery slope to furthering dangerous society.
    & the dopes think this decision will create "safety" - all it creates is selfish satisfaction for the toddlers to build a lethal toy collection in the name of "self-protection" while gun violence stats just keep going up

in light of all the negligence, injuries, domestic violence & suicides, it's fucking stupid