• Prison Time for gun owners who lose or have their gun stolen

30 19.23%
  • Background checks and a waiting period for 100% of transactions

119 76.28%
  • No semiautomatic anythings...

60 38.46%
  • Tax gun sales with additional fee to go to mental health

70 44.87%
  • Register ALL firearms and require insurance (car analogy)

101 64.74%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 79 of 295 FirstFirst ... 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,975 of 7373
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Maybe if they stop making memes long enough to actually vote.
    Name:  IMG_4016.JPG
Views: 335
Size:  89.0 KB

Ha! did you just find that, or make it?

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    I mean really. Fuck you Leroy.
    +1

I’m sure whatever he said was more inane than his previous statement, whatever that was.

If only there was something we could do...

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Ha! did you just find that, or make it?
    Made it just for you, boo

And in doing so forgot to register to vote at my new address

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post
    Made it just for you, boo

And in doing so forgot to register to vote at my new address
    Are you a republican?
    If so, don't worry about it. They've stacked the states with hardcore Trumpers to oversee the voting going forward so they don't lose again so you'll get a pass, just vote wherever.
    See, who said they were making voting harder?

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    True, and they're mostly acquiring the guns in America and then smuggling them across the border. That's more or less the issue everywhere: there are now so many guns being manufactured and made readily available that it's impossible to keep them out of the hands of criminals.
    Or do like a former Democratic president did and use tax-payer money to simply send them to Mexico.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Buy a gun. Learn how to use it. Practice often!
    Carry it with you everywhere you go
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by TNKen View Post
    Or do like a former Democratic president did and use tax-payer money to simply send them to Mexico.
    Like this one?
    https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...urious-tactics
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by TNKen View Post
    The ATF gun tracking program started under George Bush and ran between 2006 and 2011. The scandal was letting straw gun purchases walk rather than making arrests so that the ATF could target the higher level trafficking organization itself rather than just the low level criminals making straw purchases.

While the program was obviously FUBAR, it did show how easily guns purchased in the U.S. end up in the hands of criminals and cartels that end up killing innocent civilians and law enforcement in both America and Mexico. So it's no surprise gun proponents focused on the tempest in a teacup that was the scandal and continue to ignore the ocean of guns flowing into the hands of criminals and paramilitary organizations.

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post

Buy a gun. Learn how to use it. Practice often!
    Carry it with you everywhere you go
    What are you afraid of? Other people with guns?

So the problem in Charleston didn't have anything to do with a crazy guy having access to an AR-15?
    Or it did, and there is nothing we can do about it, so we all need to walk around with multiple weapons like the lady who shot him?
    That's a fucked reality man.
    Also, that video spends a little bit of time on the situation, and then spends the next two minutes telling you if you watch MSM you are uninformed and misinformed.
    sigless.

Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    Because we've detoothed any gun regulation or laws around firearms, there's loonies with reckless access to guns. Because there are loonies with guns, we need to further relax gun laws so everyone can be armed to fight said loonies. Oh, and be armed everywhere at all times because that's perfectly acceptable and normal. Or so goes the pickled mind of rural recluse zeros who are scared of their own shadow.

MTT's whole identity is wrapped up in guns. He's the one who renewed his NRA membership after the Vegas shooting and couldn't wait to tell the forum about it. Trying to have reasonable conversation with unreasonable people is a waste of time. Societal write-offs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    MTT's whole identity is wrapped up in guns. He's the one who renewed his NRA membership after the Vegas shooting and couldn't wait to tell the forum about it. Trying to have reasonable conversation with unreasonable people is a waste of time. Societal write-offs.
    And why he should be placed on Ignore and people should refrain from quoting him. He really has nothing useful to contribute.

Name:  CLICKBAIT.jpg
Views: 373
Size:  152.2 KB

Also, that video spends a little bit of time on the situation, and then spends the next two minutes telling you if you watch MSM you are uninformed and misinformed.
    The story in MTT's video saw wide coverage by the media and was posted multiple times in this thread. That's almost always the case whenever someone says "the media is hiding the truth."

There are 100s of shootings everyday in the U.S. and Charleston, W.Va is an example of a much rarer good outcome. It's more often the case when a shootout occurs involving a "good guy" for innocent bystanders to get caught in the crossfire.

Most of the time the media focuses on shooting deaths but the reality is for every person shot and killed on average 4 or 5 people are seriously wounded. Those people often endure numerous painful medical procedures and rack up enormous medical bills only to end up permanently disabled. That's the story not getting told.

Life advice I remember from my father. "Don't be afraid of anyone, unless they can shoot you." Now dad was speaking from experience as he had killed more than a few men and seen 100's of men who had been shot and died.

Do tell me your experiences with death by guns. 1st or 2nd hand. Going golfing and off the TGR so I'll read your reply later today.
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Cisco Kid View Post
    Do tell me your experiences with death by guns. 1st or 2nd hand.
    I don't really understand your post. Are we equating public life in normal society with combat situations? I hope our standard for conduct in American life isn't the same as 'times of war'.

If it matters, here's one story - my dear friend died by gun. He was a normal guy, but started to talk a kinda nuts - paranoidish (a lot like MTT's posts). He amassed a small arsenal. He got increasingly reckless - one time he nearly killed me and a friend. Scary AF. It severed our relationship. I miss him, a friendly giant who needed help more than a weapon.

I'd rather there be nobody carrying guns out there. But, I'm honestly more afraid of some asshole getting angry over road rage or some other people skills issue than I am of being robbed or carjacked at gunpoint..

In fact, I'd wager that the people using the excuse that criminals have guns to justify their need to carry in public wouldn't give up their gun even if we could guarantee that no felons have guns at all. They'd still be afraid of being robbed at knifepoint or just plain getting their ass kicked for whatever reason. It's a much broader level of fear that has people afraid to go out of their house without a gun.. not JUST other guns..

But, for the 9827482698246th time. The main reason criminals have guns is because legal gun owners fucked up somehow allowed criminals to get ahold of those guns. It's now more of that than straw purchases or other illegal transactions that's arming the criminals out there..

The people who are afraid to give up the legally owned guns are the ones (as a group) who are most responsible for arming those criminals they are afraid of.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

SJG - one of my buds from high school sounds like your buddy. he was under increasing pressure at work (he owned a restaurant), was drinking, losing he grasp of things, and then put a gun in his mouth when what he really needed was someone to talk to and a vacation. sucks, and his story is in no way unique.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    But, for the 9827482698246th time. The main reason criminals have guns is because legal gun owners fucked up somehow allowed criminals to get ahold of those guns. It's now more of that than straw purchases or other illegal transactions that's arming the criminals out there..
    Why do you think the issues aren't related? Isn't the problem tied to the fact purchasing a gun is easy and either transferring a gun or 'losing' a gun or having a gun stolen carries very few if any consequences?

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post

There are 100s of shootings everyday in the U.S. and Charleston, W.Va is an example of a much rarer good outcome. It's more often the case when a shootout occurs involving a "good guy" for innocent bystanders to get caught in the crossfire.
    Various studies over the years have tried to better understand why and to what extent self-identified conservatives resist statistical evidence and rely instead on anecdata within their own circle. E.g. https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0713172717.htm

I only bring this up in search of a solution. When a friend living in a suburban boring PNW neighborhood bought a gun to ‘protect his family’, I tried supplying him with statistical information that illustrated the illusion he was buying into. He didn’t 100% reject the statistical conclusion that this action increased risk, but like an SUV driver reading their phone while wandering in their lane, he convinced himself that he was different and special and would be the statistical exception.

So what’s the anecdata approach that works here? In the case of societal acceptance of gays and lesbians, a turning point came in the 90s when conservatives slowly realized even their small town or church had these folks.
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by ex-powderbroker View Post
    SJG - one of my buds from high school sounds like your buddy. he was under increasing pressure at work (he owned a restaurant), was drinking, losing he grasp of things, and then put a gun in his mouth when what he really needed was someone to talk to and a vacation. sucks, and his story is in no way unique.
    Ya, lost too many friends to count over the years. But, it's definitely picked up now that it's easier to get the sure fire way to get it done right the first time.. First time someone I knew well killed themselves with a gun they had to go to Herman's and buy a shotgun to do it with. Nowadays the options are way easier. I know for a fact that my older kid said he knows other kids wo do that car to car gun grabbing... so he could have a handgun in a day or two for fifty bucks if he wanted one.. No doubt daughter finishing high school also could find someone to sell her one pretty quickly.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

If only there was something we could do...

Quote Originally Posted by CarlMega View Post
    Because we've detoothed any gun regulation or laws around firearms, there's loonies with reckless access to guns. Because there are loonies with guns, we need to further relax gun laws so everyone can be armed to fight said loonies. Oh, and be armed everywhere at all times because that's perfectly acceptable and normal. Or so goes the pickled mind of rural recluse zeros who are scared of their own shadow.
    Nailed it.
    All the dumb rednecks near me also have basically prison lights on at night, ‘cuz…Booo!

Also WTF, people are just pissed off and have lots of anger they don’t know how to deal with.
    Story:
    I was in the parking garage at the Sounders game and the guy I’m following doesn’t understand parking garages. He’s driving sloooowly, stopping constantly, stops at the turns, doesn’t get it at all, (drive up past all the filled spots to the open area and park), finally he stops at the first open spot, (a super tight one, that everybody passed ‘cuz there’s 15 others within view), I’m close to him because he’s driving 2 miles an hour. He throws it into reverse, I beep, because he’s shown no indication that he knows there are a gazillion cars behind him, and there’s someone right on my bumper and right on that guy’s bumper, etc.
    His reaction is to throw open his door and jump out of the car and start yelling profanities at me. I started laughing. This pisses him off further. I think at that point his wife or something started yelling at him and he gets back in, closes the door, floors it and pulls into a spot literally three cars away.
    I’m guess I’m old because I probably should’ve figured if he had a gun and was gonna shoot me.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Various studies over the years have tried to better understand why and to what extent self-identified conservatives resist statistical evidence and rely instead on anecdata within their own circle. E.g. https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0713172717.htm

I only bring this up in search of a solution. When a friend living in a suburban boring PNW neighborhood bought a gun to ‘protect his family’, I tried supplying him with statistical information that illustrated the illusion he was buying into. He didn’t 100% reject the statistical conclusion that this action increased risk, but like an SUV driver reading their phone while wandering in their lane, he convinced himself that he was different and special and would be the statistical exception.

So what’s the anecdata approach that works here? In the case of societal acceptance of gays and lesbians, a turning point came in the 90s when conservatives slowly realized even their small town or church had these folks.
    My anecdotal experience is that most of the conservatives I know live relatively sheltered lives. They don't travel much. They spend a lot of time with their families. Their sphere of experience is relatively limited, and they're mostly ok with that. A (very conservative) woman I work with has been on an airplane once in her 41 years. Not because she can't afford to fly or is scared of flying or anything like that. She just doesn't have any reason to leave the 200 mile circle that she's lived in her whole life.

Those conservatives trust anecdotal evidence because their world is so small that functioning purely off of personal experiences and the experiences of immediate family works really well. The problems on the news are other people's problems and are the result of some lapse that is not applicable to them, because they are utilizing the family's time tested methods of avoiding problems. And, most likely, they'll succeed in avoiding those problems because their world is small and statistics are in their favor.