• Prison Time for gun owners who lose or have their gun stolen

30 19.23%
  • Background checks and a waiting period for 100% of transactions

119 76.28%
  • No semiautomatic anythings...

60 38.46%
  • Tax gun sales with additional fee to go to mental health

70 44.87%
  • Register ALL firearms and require insurance (car analogy)

101 64.74%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 142 of 295 FirstFirst ... 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 ... LastLast
Results 3,526 to 3,550 of 7374
    Quote Originally Posted by Cisco Kid View Post
    I think any proponent of the Good Guy with a Gun theory of gun control
    FWIW, a Good Guy with a Gun is a thing in about 3% of shootings. For folks motivated by anecdotes 3% is proof that it works, while for others a 3% success rate indicates it doesn't work.

Cisco makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    FWIW, a Good Guy with a Gun is a thing in about 3% of shootings. For folks motivated by anecdotes 3% is proof that it works, while for others a 3% success rate indicates it doesn't work.
    It's actually more than that. I'd have to re watch that video from a few pages back to post the exact percentages.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

The Q guns LIVE Q OR DIE marketing podcast illustrates the point. You've got guys wearing Hawaiian shirts interviewing blacked out former navy seals, with a mystery science theater vibe, selling tactical training to civilians. The Q gun guys self describe as "the calm before the storm."
    Essentially what Bobby is paying for with his luxury car buddies.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    It's actually more than that. I'd have to re watch that video from a few pages back to post the exact percentages.
    Your sources more often than not purposely rely on bad or misleading data.

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    Essentially what Bobby is paying for with his luxury car buddies.
    Firearms training?

I thought that's what people needed more of, before buying a gun? Have we changed our minds?
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Your sources more often than not purposely rely on bad or misleading data.
    Here you go.

https://youtu.be/8I_6TPWcFu0?t=247

Your video is a good example of torturing data to make a misleading argument.

Your source's argument is that in 25 out of 162 cases concealed guns stopped attacks. He goes on to extrapolate and falsely claim claim nearly "half" of "shooting attacks" are stopped by concealed carry. The flaw in the argument is obvious: there were a lot more than 162 shootings between 2014 and 2019.

As is almost always the case your argument and data is cherry-picked.

Firearms training?

I thought that's what people needed more of, before buying a gun? Have we changed our minds?
    Tactical training? You're not getting the Cabellas guy to show you how to load a rifle right? the appeal is some ex-Seal or ranger telling you how to kill shit right?

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    Tactical training? You're not getting the Cabellas guy to show you how to load a rifle right? the appeal is some ex-Seal or ranger telling you how to kill shit right?
    You don't need a Seal to teach you that. Just look at Eli Dicken.

40 yard haircuts.

Your video is good example of misleading data. His argument is in 25 out of 162 cases concealed guns stopped attacks. The flaw in the argument is obvious: there were a lot more than 162 shootings between 2014 and 2019.

As is almost always the case your argument and data is cherry-picked.
    And the article about Q and your speculation is a sound argument.

Jfc.

Speculation? There's no need to speculate when your source provides obvious dog whistles like LIVE Q OR DIE & "the calm before the storm."

I shot a mole with it a few days ago. So I guess its a hunting rifle.
    Only if you ate the mole

Q guns? Neon arm braces? Dear god. Gun culture devolves further and further into "daddy, notice me".

Reminds me of the Southpark episode where they tried to redefine the "F-word". Harley riders mistakenly think the (negative) attention they get is because people see them as cool. The cosplay AR crowd is about 3 seconds away from making rack noises at restaurants and full auto firing bra bra bra bra bra utterings at the urinal.

Speculation? There's no need to speculate when your source provides obvious dog whistles like LIVE Q OR DIE & "the calm before the storm."
    Is Q Anon even a thing anymore? Honest question.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Only if you ate the mole
    I imagine its still in the ground. Maybe just a skeleton now.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlMega View Post
    Q guns? Neon arm braces? Dear god. Gun culture devolves further and further into "daddy, notice me".
    One of the more niche brands in the gun world. Im not sure any of the mass shooters were using Honey Badgers or Sugar Weasels.

Is Q Anon even a thing anymore? Honest question.
    Yes, Q-flavored nonsense is still a thing. Adapted or plagiarized from The Turner Diaries it's not really new either, more of an offshoot only this time with mass online marketing of the same old thing:

Attachment 422435

If only there was something we could do...

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    When you say most of America what do you mean? Every poll on the issue indicates that most Americans favor stronger gun control. Elaborate please
    I’m not talking about gun control. I’m saying that most Americans, the 30% who own guns, and the other 30% that would consider owning a gun, are seriously offended when compared to a criminal with a gun. Using an analogy where both the criminals, or insane people, who murder little children, are no worse than your neighbor with 3 kids and a duck gun, does not invite productive discussion, but rather shuts it down. Probably get punched in the nose if it wasn’t said on the internet.

You are correct, most Americans want more gun control. But the reason they don’t back the people proposing them, is because there is no trust in those people. When they make statements like “drunk driver bs drunk driver” people realize this person has no fucking clue what he speaks of and may end up punishing us too! So fuck this conversation.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

mcphee
    Banned

Play stupid games.

Yes, Q-flavored nonsense is still a thing. Adapted or plagiarized from The Turner Diaries it's not really new either, more of an offshoot only this time with mass online marketing of the same old thing:

Attachment 422435
    These guys get it, so badass. Skinny jeans, camo or denim is so tacticool. Look at the skull face mask, very intimidating. Which one is Bobby?

You don't need a Seal to teach you that. Just look at Eli Dicken.

40 yard haircuts.
    So you're paying ex-Seals and the like to come train luxury car owners on how to load a rifle safely, clean a gun, etc.? just the basic shit that any numbnuts can figure out at on their own or with 30 seconds of discussion with someone at a Cabelas? Honestly trying to understand what service they're providing for the $6K. Seems very douchey.

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    I’m not talking about gun control. I’m saying that most Americans, the 30% who own guns, and the other 30% that would consider owning a gun, are seriously offended when compared to a criminal with a gun. Using an analogy where both the criminals, or insane people, who murder little children, are no worse than your neighbor with 3 kids and a duck gun, does not invite productive discussion, but rather shuts it down. Probably get picked in the nose if it wasn’t said on the internet.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I own guns and I'm not seriously offended by the things you're hung up about.

The gun is gold. It's not tactical. Try again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Well, I'm not allowed to delete this post, but, I can say, go fuck yourselves, everybody!

Yes, Q-flavored nonsense is still a thing.
    The Incel meets Pedo ratio is off the charts. Don't worry, these delusional nuts in denial about their closet 'proclivities' are well armed, amp'd on meth and combative. Hostile HS dropout lunatics who know their imagined rights; they share a narrative with at least a few who post here.